Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by halfblackjack View Post
    We just brought Daniel Orton back. Hollis Thompson and Andy Rautins sign with the 66ers. The team is going to stay at 14 for flexibility. Once again Presti makes the right move. Best GM of all time.
    ^ didn't see your post about Orton. Again, I like the recall...

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

Anyone ever get together at the booster club locations to watch the games? More specifically Fat Daddy's in Tulsa...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Anyone ever get together at the booster club locations to watch the games? More specifically Fat Daddy's in Tulsa...

I am in OKC and don't venture to Tulsa very often.

We will be a small ball team more this season than anytime before. Brooks just hates using size and post play when he thinks we can run everyone out of the gym. Ibaka will play center (which his #'s show he doesn't do well there) and Nick will also play center to relieve Ibaka.

Ibaka gets outplayed by a difference of -7.4 at center. He is good for 16.7 per but his opponents are 24.1 against him. His opponents also out rebound him, and beat him in every major stat. But Brooks sees nothing wrong with that. lol
    Last edited by dubh46; 11-01-2012 at 01:50 PM.

All that being said, I still love Ibaka, but at 6'9 and 240 he gets pushed around by some PF's much less centers. He is a beast, but I would prefer him to play at PF and only play C when the matchup is even.

I think the benefit of getting Ibaka more mins and more comfortable playing Center some is gonna outweigh the negative results. Their just isnt enough true back to the basket bigs for me to be overly concerned to playing some spot mins at the 5. I think him being consistent, a productive double figure scorer and better defender will be the biggest key to our season.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I think the benefit of getting Ibaka more mins and more comfortable playing Center some is gonna outweigh the negative results. Their just isnt enough true back to the basket bigs for me to be overly concerned to playing some spot mins at the 5. I think him being consistent, a productive double figure scorer and better defender will be the biggest key to our season.
    Thats the thing. He gets outplayed by NON traditional centers too!!

I would rather put him in a position to be successfull and help the team then put him in a spot to learn stuff he doesn't HAVE to be in, but either way, he will play at center more than spot minutes this season and I hope he does better than he did before.

per 48 opponent production is 27.5 ppg vs Serges 12.3 ppg. There are NO benefits to having him get outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    Thats the thing. He gets outplayed by NON traditional centers too!!

I would rather put him in a position to be successfull and help the team then put him in a spot to learn stuff he doesn't HAVE to be in, but either way, he will play at center more than spot minutes this season and I hope he does better than he did before.

per 48 opponent production is 27.5 ppg vs Serges 12.3 ppg. There are NO benefits to having him get outplayed.
    I just dont think the 4 and 5 is such foreign territory from each other and i've seen a growth in his awareness. Also if we are talking just points here's a guy that absolute never gets a play called for him, it looks like thats gonna change this year. Bottom line is he's being paid to be the 3rd banana and he looks poised to raise his game which is gonna mean more mins at C. I for one think he'll be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I just dont think the 4 and 5 is such foreign territory from each other and i've seen a growth in his awareness. Also if we are talking just points here's a guy that absolute never gets a play called for him, it looks like thats gonna change this year. Bottom line is he's being paid to be the 3rd banana and he looks poised to raise his game which is gonna mean more mins at C. I for one think he'll be successful.

I think he is going to go nuts this year and show out. I just don't think we NEED him to play center, when everything shows that he is effective at PF, and a liabilty at C.

FYI, its not just points he gets beat at playing C. Its everything but blocks and eFG%. lol

Matt Moore: Thunder D-League team 66ers sign Daniel Orton, Hollis Thompson, and Andy Rautins, they'll likely get pulled up for open roster spots. Twitter @HPbasketball

did i read somewhere that ginobili was out for tonight?

BEARS THUNDER NY RANGERS
    #SHEARTHEBEARD

Quote Originally Posted by itsbeefy11 View Post
    did i read somewhere that ginobili was out for tonight?
    He's listed as doubtful for tonight

Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    He's listed as doubtful for tonight
    that would be where....

BEARS THUNDER NY RANGERS
    #SHEARTHEBEARD

Quote Originally Posted by dubh46 View Post
    I think he is going to go nuts this year and show out. I just don't think we NEED him to play center, when everything shows that he is effective at PF, and a liabilty at C.

FYI, its not just points he gets beat at playing C. Its everything but blocks and eFG%. lol
    Up to this point...he wasnt a 12 million dollar a year player for any of that time, he's a better player and i think he'll play better at Center then he has previously, again he doesnt need to for large stretches but i'd like to see more lineups with him KD, PJ3, etc. as a change of pace. I think he can handle it now, i think he'll have to be given more of a leash in that regard and he'll need to be given that to get where we need him to go.
    Last edited by Carey; 11-01-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Thabeet getting some pt. Making some decent plays too.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast