Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Lakers look really bad

They look old, slow, and have bad chemistry.

I was never over the moon for Dwight and I thought Nash would have some trouble fitting in with Kobe, I think it's coming to pass. I know it's preseason and the games don't count -

but it's the defense and athleticism that should be on display at this point - it's not there.

I also get the sense that there are too many cooks in the kitchen with this team. Dwight and Nash look very awkward in their roles. The bench is also really bad yet again.

Dwight is NOT shaq, not even close. Dwight's defense may not be enough to offset Nash's lack there of.

My fear is that this team will get their act together as the year goes on, but by that time this old and weathered squad will be beat up and a step slower.

I'm here to temper your expectations for this team, I dont see them lasting over 5 games in a series with the Thunder.

I think the first 5 looked good. Remember, this was the first game with the whole Starting 5. Dwight did a good job on defense and when the season starts and intensity picks up they will get it done. The second unit is bothering me though!! They can not compete with the other elite teams' second units!! No way!!

They really have to get it together and depend on Jamison more on the offensive end. Let him make the decisions, he still has all the tools imo!!

The Future at PG in P&G

Our transition D is a suspect and our bench is quite weak.

and your basing this on Pre season games??, Exhibition Games??

seriously talk like this when the season start.

My idea is:

Move Pau to the Bench and let him lead the offense

Starters
    Nash
    Kobe
    MWP
    Jordan Hill
    Dwight

2nd Unit
    Blake
    Meeks
    Jamison
    Pau
    Sacre

Jordan Hill will provide the energy, speed, athleticism, and selflessness that the starting squad needs.

i also think Jamison might be a better fit than MWP in the starting 5 - Ive noticed that teams just leave MWP wide open at the 3pt line and usually takes it. Jamison would make teams pay more for leaving him un guarded.

Its still the preseason, Dolphins started 0-4 in their preseason and are a good team this year...

Looked fine to me.

I know it's preseason...

Other teams are destroying the Lakers on pure athleticism though - the Lakers can't get more athletic when the season starts...

Here is what the Lakers rotation should look like

Nash Blake
    Kobe Meeks
    Jamison MWP
    Hill Sacre
    Dwight Pau

I see Pau being the focal point of the 2nd unit and dominating their reserve big men. He can pass out of the post really well to all the 3pt snipers.

Lakers problem is fixed - fire Mike Brown hire me

basing this off of one game really ?? smdh rome wasn't built in a day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    basing this off of one game really ?? smdh rome wasn't built in a day
    and father time is undefeated

I am sorry sir, but you happen to be an idiot.

First of all this is preseason, Dwight played his first game after 5 months (and did really well), it was the first time the starting 5 played together. It will still take them time to gel. Jamison will come along, I'm not worried at all. Nash will probably play a lot with the second unit too so that will lead to easier looks for Jamison, Meeks and Hill.

Also putting Hill on the court together with Dwight would lead to less space in the paint for Dwight. At least Pau can spread the floor a little and help set up Howard. I wouldn't touch the starting 5. 1 or 2 of the starters will be on the court most of the time anyways.

Relax guys, we're fine. Yes, the D is not quite there yet, but say what you want about Mike Brown, I trust him in that area.
    Also athleticism isn't everything. Just ask the '11 Heat how that worked out against the Mavs...

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My idea is:

Move Pau to the Bench and let him lead the offense

Starters
    Nash
    Kobe
    MWP
    Jordan Hill
    Dwight

2nd Unit
    Blake
    Meeks
    Jamison
    Pau
    Sacre

Jordan Hill will provide the energy, speed, athleticism, and selflessness that the starting squad needs.

i also think Jamison might be a better fit than MWP in the starting 5 - Ive noticed that teams just leave MWP wide open at the 3pt line and usually takes it. Jamison would make teams pay more for leaving him un guarded.
    Sorry dude, but with this post you look even more idiot than you already looked in your first one.

LOL

Free As Seagull.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast