Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

How good are the Dodgers going to be in the future?

They have a Talented Outfield Locked in through at least five years, a Gold Glove First Baseman signed for the next six years, and Hanley Ramirez for at least two more years. Are they a team of Big Names or do they actually have a Bright Future?

And they may not be done Spending.

Are they getting anywhere? I predict them having a Yankees-Like dynasty somewhere in the future b/c their ownership is Bill Gates, and the Yankees under Hal's ownership are becoming a lot more Frugal Compared to their previous ownership under George. (I saw the Yankees as the only serious threat to their domination..)

lol Nope.

They'll probably be really good over the next couple of years if Kershaw's hip doesn't become a bigger issue.

Hopefully not better than the Giants.

They'll be good for a couple years, but there is so much that needs to go right for next season. Billingsley, Crawford, Lilly, need to come back strong from injury. Kemp and Kershaw need to stay healthy. And A Gon needs to become 2009 A Gon again. time will tell I guess

No. They will not have a bright future.

As a Dodgers fan idk. I like that the ownership was willing to spend but I just dont know if the money was spent wisely. Hopefully they bring in a top of the line starter in the off season a la Greinke, and the lineup adjusts to not just swinging for the fences every at bat.
    Twitter
    IamTheBatchelor

Considering they won the division back in August and are going to make their first World Series appearance since 1988, I'd say they have a bright future.

They are a good team now, but really hurting because of injuries. They won't, however, become some kind of dynasty unless they can figure out their starting pitching problems. Kershaw is amazing, but it's a steep cliff after that.

I'm pretty sure this ownership group will put up the bucks to make sure that happens though. I expect them to win their division within the next two years.

simple answer: no
    long answer: no, because **** the Dodgers

Not very good at all.

C-Ellis is solid.
    1B-Gonzalez is on a decline, he'll still be a very good 1st baseman, no longer elite/great.
    2B-Nobody.
    SS-Dee Gordon, trash.
    3B-Hanley is a nice hitter, can't play defense worth a lick.
    RF-Ethier can't hit lefties, defense is a joke.
    CF-Kemp is obviously an elite player when healthy.
    LF-Crawford? Lol, trash.

Kershaw has a claim to be the best pitcher in baseball, after that who do they have?

Billingsley? Trash.
    Beckett? Trash.
    Capuano? Trash.
    Harang? Trash.
    Some AAAA Scrub?

Nobody is scared of the Los Angeles Yankees without the winning tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Not very good at all.

C-Ellis is solid.
    1B-Gonzalez is on a decline, he'll still be a very good 1st baseman, no longer elite/great.
    2B-Nobody.
    SS-Dee Gordon, trash.
    3B-Hanley is a nice hitter, can't play defense worth a lick.
    RF-Ethier can't hit lefties, defense is a joke.
    CF-Kemp is obviously an elite player when healthy.
    LF-Crawford? Lol, trash.

Kershaw has a claim to be the best pitcher in baseball, after that who do they have?

Billingsley? Trash.
    Beckett? Trash.
    Capuano? Trash.
    Harang? Trash.
    Some AAAA Scrub?

Nobody is scared of the Los Angeles Yankees without the winning tradition.

looooooool damn. nicely put haha.

in short term they should be good ,but after a couple years? ehhhh....

i know they have alot of money,but that doesnt mean they have an infinite amount of money(fans too often think this).so if they just keep playing the "lets make a splash" game to play to the fans then they'll be in real trouble long term.but if they are smarter and supplement those high priced guys with cheap,under the radar moves(like yanks usually do),they should be just fine
    Last edited by abe_froman; 09-19-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Doubtful they will be more than a 85 win team in any future seasons after this one.

I don't think Colletti is a very good GM, and I think the moves he made were very poor one's. And their system is even weaker than it was.

I think they just took on a lot of burdens.

Kemp and Kershaw are still the two biggest bright spots. A-Gone is obviously a good addition, but the rest are just patches, and there isn't enough depth right now. That should be the teams focus for improvements IMO.

"Yankees suck" good

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast