Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

If you had to contract 3 NBA teams, who would you pick and why?

The title says it all.

For me, it would be the Charlotte Bobcats, Toronto Raptors, and the Sacramento Kings. Charlotte just stinks, Toronto seems to inconsistent and I don't see basketball as a big time thing in Canada, and Sacramento can't seem to find a home it likes.
    Eichel Tower

bobcats, grizzlies, raptors.

Last in, first out.

But im against contraction, in fact what league needs is TWO new teams .
    ]

NY Knicks , Minnesota Twolves, Orlando Magic
    If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Peace
    Love
    Happiness

I would only contract Charlotte: Only one playoff appearance in their history, and may not make it for another decade.. Small market team which isn't an attractive landing spot for FA.

Every other team are maybe one or two players from making the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBoyJ View Post
    I would only contract Charlotte: Only one playoff appearance in their history, and may not make it for another decade.. Small market team which isn't an attractive landing spot for FA.

Every other team are maybe one or two players from making the playoffs
    llullz, they've only existed for 8 yrs.

7. 08-31-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    you

For those who would contract the Raptors......you should probably know that they are one of the most consistant teams at making money.....top 10 actually. Taking them out would be a dumb move

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    deals off, i hate you even more now.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

Quote Originally Posted by starvingknick View Post
    deals off, i hate you even more now.
    There was a deal?

I don't think any teams need to be contracted. If I had to do it and the decision was mine, goodbye Lakers, Celtics, and Pistons (only because they're the 3 teams I hate most).

Heat, Lakers, and the Raptors only because by doing that, you'll make the NBA interesting again.

Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    For those who would contract the Raptors......you should probably know that they are one of the most consistant teams at making money.....top 10 actually. Taking them out would be a dumb move
    thats true, take out toronto, and ur pretty much losing a huge fan base from Canada and the raptors are one of the most filled up arenas you can get even when the product on the floor wasn't to good, now that we have some young and up coming players look for the ACC to sold out like the days when we had bosh and wuz making dem playoffz

that said, bucks, kings n charlotte/portland

portland because they're medical staff sucks n players seem to just have their career ended there LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    For me, it would be the Charlotte Bobcats, Toronto Raptors, and the Sacramento Kings. Charlotte just stinks, Toronto seems to inconsistent and I don't see basketball as a big time thing in Canada, and Sacramento can't seem to find a home it likes.
    People need to stop saying this...

http://www.forbes.com/nba-valuations/#p_2_s_a0_

Raptors are 12th most valuable franchise... Canadians must have some interest in watching they're NBA team.

As for OP's question bottom 3 teams on this list would be the answer if contraction was a good idea which it isn't so these threads should really stop popping up on here every month.

For those suggesting the contraction of the Raptors, that's just uninformed stupidity. The Raptors are consistently among the top money generators in the league, they do well in attendance, and Toronto is actually one of the biggest NBA markets in the league. They have a strong fan base and fans tend not to waiver in their support, even though the team does not necessarily have success year in and year out. David Stern makes a lot of mistakes, but even he would not be dumb enough to contract the Raptors.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast