Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The True NBA Superstars

This is a very arbitrary of dictating the "true" NBA superstars, but you have to admit, there is a correlation between people's ability to recognize a firstname and stardom.

In basketball, growing up as a kid, whenever someone said "Michael", everyone knew that he/she was talking about Jordan.

Everyone knows Shaquille, Lebron, Kobe, Carmelo, and Dwight by their first names without even asking their last names.

What other superstars can get this distinction in basketball? Am I wrong for thinking that this a way of measuring NBA stardom?
    PM for my contact information.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyfromNeptune View Post
    This is a very arbitrary of dictating the "true" NBA superstars, but you have to admit, there is a correlation between people's ability to recognize a firstname and stardom.

In basketball, growing up as a kid, whenever someone said "Michael", everyone knew that he/she was talking about Jordan.

Everyone knows Shaquille, Lebron, Kobe, Carmelo, and Dwight by their first names without even asking their last names.

What other superstars can get this distinction in basketball? Am I wrong for thinking that this a way of measuring NBA stardom?
    Rajon, Serge, Pau, Dirk, Tyson, Demarcus, Tyreke, Lamarcus, Andrea, Mirza, Chase, Caron?

oops you said melo, wheres the popcorn i wanna see this..

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

I think a lot of it has to with the unique first names you just listed. How many LeBron's, Kobe's, and Carmelo's have you heard of in this world?

A lot with MJ was because hes pretty much a basketball God, but the whole Nike 'wanna be like Mike' campaign had a lot to do with it.

You don't say 'Chris' and know your talking about CP3. Its not because hes not a superstar, its more because theres 50+ NBA players named Chris.

I think it's a mistake to assume widely-recognized first name = superstardom

Most of these guys have name that no else has or has had in the league. How many Kobes or Lebrons have there been? How many Carmelos? But Kevin, that's a common name so people might ask McHale or Garnett? That is if they're not a Rockets fan and start talking about Kevin Martin.

Yes, you are wrong.
    What do you mean by everyone?
    When someone said said "Michael" it was Michael Jackson throughout the world, not Jordan.

But I'm not talking about very good players like Dirk or Paul Pierce. I'm talking about the greatest players in our league..Kobe..Dwight..Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Yes, you are wrong.
    What do you mean by everyone?
    When someone said said "Michael" it was Michael Jackson throughout the world, not Jordan.
    In the basketball world it was Jordan.

But I'm not talking about very good players like Dirk or Paul Pierce. I'm talking about the greatest players in our league..Kobe..Dwight..Lebron
    Dirk belongs in that convo of our "greatest players" in the league.

He's been hovering in and out of the Top 5 for a while.

what does this have to do with being a Superstar? Because someone recognizes you doesn't mean you're a Superstar, it means you're popular.

The only superstars in today's game are:

LeBron
    Durant
    Kobe
    Wade
    healthy Rose

these are the players that can single-handedly take over the team without any help

Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post

LeBron
    Durant
    Kobe
    healthy Wade
    healthy Rose

these are the players that can single-handedly take over the team without any help
    Fixed & u can add CP3 & Dwight too

Melo a superstar? "ZOMG he's a overrated selfish chucker who only got out of the 1st round once."
    Deal with it

^Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post

LeBron
    Durant
    Kobe
    Wade
    healthy Rose

hmmmm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast