Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Denver nuggets still own 13 million dollar trade exception

They got it during the McGee for nene trade last season and I believe it expires before the end of the season. The question is: who should they target?

Their biggest hole I would probably be their power forward position, not that faried isn't good its that he doesn't provide a ton of scoring and isn't exactly world's greatest defender, so who should they target with this exception?

If I'm the nuggets: I'd go after taj Gibson, offer a first round pick for him straight up and maybe take back hamilton as well, because we all know the bulls try to save as much money as possible and with Gibson being in line for an extension after the season and hamilton on the books for 2 more years they may be able to snag Gibson for a pick and take back hamilton

I'm not saying that the bulls would take this but you never know, I wouldn't be suprised if they moved him and signed Luis almondson for the vet minimum the way this offseason has been going for them

Gibson gives them a better mid range shot than faried and better defense and can play a little backup 5 for them while faried is at the 4 while McGee is resting

1 also believe Josh Smith is probably making less than 13 million this season so I would offer 2 future picks for him and then resign him and iggy in the offseason

Just off the top of my head, anyways, who do you think they should target? Should they use the exception or save their money this season?

Lawson
    Igoudala
    Galinari/Chandler
    Smith/Faried
    Mcgee/Faried

So good defensively.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    They should wait, see who isn't playing well that season and would want to dump salary, and target a guy from one of those teams. Jarrett Jack comes to mind if Golden State is losing a lot of games. Corey Maggette would be interesting of Gallo or Chandler gets hurt again, and Will Bynum makes sense as a backup PG. Maybe Kaman if Dallas isn't playing well, although I doubt things would go that bad, that quickly unless Dirk gets hurt or something. Udrih and Dalembert both make sense. Mo Williams would be a nice pickup too.
    Last edited by jetsfan28; 08-19-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Btw, they cannot combine the exception with anything other than picks

Ehh

Denver nuggets still own 13 million dollar trade exception

Denver is going to be pretty damn good this year, if they could add a piece at the deadline they can make some noise in the playoffs

They could have some combo of J-Rich/Thad/Kwame/Hawes

Josh Smith will not be traded, and if he is it wont be for 2 Late First Round Picks. Get it out your dreams...
    Its the ******* Catalina Wine Mixer!!

This may sound crazy but I can see them acquiring keving love with the exception and moving faried ,Gallo or Chandler, a rookie and 2 picks however twolves might not trade in division ... Outside division maybe bargs for a smaller package

Quote Originally Posted by lkingratedr View Post
    This may sound crazy but I can see them acquiring keving love with the exception and moving faried ,Gallo or Chandler, a rookie and 2 picks however twolves might not trade in division ... Outside division maybe bargs for a smaller package
    No way that Wolves are trading off their franchise player for a solid player and a roll of the dice in the draft.

I'd love to see Taj in the Mile High City.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

I would try to package Chandler, Faried for Pau Gasol if he becomes available

Lawson/Andre Miller
    Iggy/Hamilton
    Gallinari/Brewer
    Gasol/Randolph
    McGee/Koufos/Mozgov

The trade just keeps looking better and better... $13 million + the newly minted "dominating" center Javale McGee.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by JNoel:23371406
    I would try to package Chandler, Faried for Pau Gasol if he becomes available

Lawson/Andre Miller
    Iggy/Hamilton
    Gallinari/Brewer
    Gasol/Randolph
    McGee/Koufos/Mozgov
    This isn't baseball the nba has a salary cap

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I think the best option for Denver is to wait until the seaason is well under way. There may be a team that isn't doing well and is looking to ove a vet, espcially if a draft pick turns out to be really good. As for potentially getting Love, that is OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!! No way that happens.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast