Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Does Bynum trade suddenly make Phili a top FA spot?

I'm happy to see that Phili has finally made a big move for the first time in years. Boston/New York/Brooklyn/Phili should be an excellent divisional race.

But now that Bynum is in Phili, will free agents flock here?

Many top teams (MIA, LAL, BK, NY, LAC, BOS, OKC) are capped out now and Phili as a city is already a desirable spot, but the Sixers will have cap over the next few years, do you see them being in the mix the next time around for a Harden, a Love or a Jennings?

I certainly can. A guy like Harden can star alongside Bynum here and a team like the Thunder won't be able to keep all those guys. Bynum's a core piece to attract other free agents just like Wade was on the Heat, Blake on the Clips and Amare on the Knicks.

Harden and Jennings are free agents soon, so time will tell. Dallas, Chicago and Phili should be the main cities active over the next two years.

Anyways, the Sixers seem like they are in way better position that they were 48 hours ago.

It's also finally time to see if Holiday and Turner can blossom now that Iguodala & Lou Will are gone.
    Last edited by NYSpirit1; 08-11-2012 at 03:59 AM.

sixers are a top team now. Turner will be living up huge. A core of Holiday- Turner- Bynum would be amazing.

[/Center]

It should, Bynum is legit. His presence will be felt immediately in Philadelphia. I can see it being very enticing, especially how close Philly is to becoming a true contender.

We still need to see how well Bynum and the sixers do. If they have a great season then yes.. Bynum is still only 24 years old though, Turner is 23, and Holiday is 22.. They have a very bright future. I could possibly see them becoming like the OKC Thunder down the road.

Free As Seagull.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    sixers are a top team now. Turner will be living up huge. A core of Holiday- Turner- Bynum would be amazing.
    I just dont see that at all.

Jrue is a great young talent but he hasnt proven hes much of a facilitator yet. Evan Turner has been a disappointment thus far, lets face it, he could have a great year next year but that would be expecting too much. The only "great" piece they have is Bynum who they have to hope is A) healthy and B) grows up a bit.

They have a very good team, but I just dont see them be a "Top team" per say. A lot has to happen for them to be a championship contender.

6. 08-11-2012, 04:12 AM
    Reason
    baiting

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    We still need to see how well Bynum and the sixers do. If they have a great season then yes.. Bynum is still only 24 years old though, Turner is 23, and Holiday is 22.. They have a very bright future. I could possibly see them becoming like the OKC Thunder down the road.
    I disagree, they have a bright future, but they will not be the next OKC.

Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka are all exceptional talents who even proved early on that they had greatness within them. I havent seen that from the Sixers much at all. Granted, Bynum is an exceptional talent but in now way is Jrue and Turner on the level Durant, Westbrook, or Harden were their first few seasons.

Bynum will average 25-12-2

Philly looks real nice. Just read that Drew is excited to be playing for the Sixers!

are people forgetting that bynum is a free agent?

bynum has shown no reason to believe he is a loyal player, so assuming hes re-upping with philly is a huge, unwarranted assumption at this point

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AWC713 View Post

bynum has shown no reason to believe he is a loyal player, so assuming hes re-upping with philly is a huge, unwarranted assumption at this point
    But it's a likely assumption. I don't see Drew leaving that money on the table ala bird rights.

I sure hope Philly becomes a bigger FA spot, this season will tell us a lot.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

next year they can have a team like this.
    holiday
    turner
    josh smith
    al jefferson
    bynum
    obviously its not going to happen but its something to think about.

I like the team, but I don't know if they'll attract players until they prove they can win.

But Bynum, Holiday, Turner and Thaddeus Young is a really nice core, not to mention they have a superb coach...
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

How well they do will depend on how long it takes them to gel. A young team with Andrew Bynum as the focal point doesn't impress me, actually. 5 years from now it could be different though....

Quote Originally Posted by AWC713 View Post

3 years $60 million if he leaves
    5 years $102 million if he stays
    I think he's staying

Well didn't the sixers fall apart the second half of last year. Bynum is nice but I don't see him over AI as being a massive upgrade. I think Philly needs Turner and Holiday to step it up big time to really make a diffrence.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast