Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Nets chances of acquiring Dwight Howard after season?

Hey all, I know you guys are tired of all the D12 threads but I'm a Nets fan who is not extremely well versed in regards to the salary cap and the new CBA (I follow baseball mostly).

So can anyone think of any scenarios where Dwight will end up in Brooklyn after next season? I'd imagine that this would require a sign & trade with the Lakers but I'm not sure if the salaries would work and I HIGHLY doubt the Lakers would ever consider this unless Dwight expressly states that he will not re-sign with the Lakers.

Again, I'm sorry for making another thread about the subject but I am really interested in seeing if this is remotely possible.

I believe they'd have to move Johnson. And the only team willing to take Johnson is probably the Nets.
    Go Knicks!

All time

Approximately 1%. The Lakers would have to be interested in bringing in Lopez and whatever the hell else BN can send them, and I doubt the Lakers are interested in selling Lopez as the future face of the Laker franchise. Furthermore, I don't see Dwight turning down a long term deal from the Lakers unless he and Kobe clash horribly.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

lol

The nets will be a taxpaying team and taxpaying teams can't make sign and trades. That rule will be effective this year

who cares
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

0% it's over.

They have a very good team though and along with BOS and NY have a shot to beat the Heat so we'll see how the season plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Approximately 1%. The Lakers would have to be interested in bringing in Lopez and whatever the hell else BN can send them, and I doubt the Lakers are interested in selling Lopez as the future face of the Laker franchise. Furthermore, I don't see Dwight turning down a long term deal from the Lakers unless he and Kobe clash horribly.
    Both BK & LAL will be lux tax payers next season, so I'm not even sure they would be allowed to do a S&T.

Only way Howard goes to BK now is if he takes the Mini MLE of $3m.

oh come on
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

slim to none

Zero.

Zero.

Stop it.

Back in the day ...