Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

All-Team Time Machine Experiment

In full health, using today's rules/tactics (three pointers, "zone" and handcheck rules), which team (all-time) would have the best chance of winning a single game any other all-time NBA teams?

Each team is taken as is for the particular year (i.e. 1994-1995 Orlando gets 22-year-old Shaq, 2000-2001 Lakers get 28-year-old Shaq).

bulls with jordan he would go crazy today

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

RUN DMC Baby

Quote Originally Posted by King41 View Post
    Which Bulls team though?

Quote Originally Posted by King41 View Post
    Not necessarily

Quote Originally Posted by MintBerryCrunch View Post
    Not necessarily
    with the rules so heavily geared towards offensive players nowadays he most likely would, you cant defend guys anymore like you could in the mid nineties and before
    Panic. It crept up my spine like first rising vibes of an acid frenzy. There I was. Alone in Las Vegas, completely twisted on drugs, no cash, no story for the magazine, and on top of everything else, a gigantic god damned hotel bill to deal with.

The Spurs team that won their 2nd championship with David Robinson and Duncan in their primes. I like that Lakers team from 2000 too. They had a good mix of old school and new school and could dominate in any year.

And lastly I'd say the Bulls from 97-98. They would dominate any decade, and any team since maybe Bill Russel and John Havilcheks best team ( I don't know which team was the best in Boston at that time though but i know everyone older than 55 says they were super legit)

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    The Spurs team that won their 2nd championship with David Robinson and Duncan in their primes. I like that Lakers team from 2000 too. They had a good mix of old school and new school and could dominate in any year.

And lastly I'd say the Bulls from 97-98. They would dominate any decade, and any team since maybe Bill Russel and John Havilcheks best team ( I don't know which team was the best in Boston at that time though but i know everyone older than 55 says they were super legit)
    The Lakers team has been mentioned a lot in my circle, even though the drop-off in the lineup after Shaq and Kobe is pretty significant. The Spurs team has also been mentioned.

Others:
    - '86 C's (although I wonder how this works since they aren't as three-point prolific as today's teams; they would, however, probably shred the zone with their passing skills)
    - '10 Lakers; the sheer size of that front line, especially with Odom coming in, could overwhelm a lot of teams.
    - '95 Magic: this got brought up by someone just because of the matchup problems with Penny and Shaq, a solid PF in Grant, and the three point shooters that fill out the lineup.

1999 knicks. the best combination of age, defense, and hope.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

72-10 Bulls. They would win 65+ games in any decade
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD