Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kalish called up, Sweeney to DL

The Red Sox have yet to announce anything. But it sounds like Sweeney will be out eight weeks, which is basically the rest of the regular season. Ryan Kalish is expected to join the team today.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...y_apologi.html

Red Sox outfielder Ryan Sweeney is expected to miss up to eight weeks with a hand injury suffered Monday night when he punched a door at Fenway Park in frustration.

He'll be placed on the disabled list Tuesday.

Sweeney was pulled off the field at the start of the ninth inning Monday, leading to speculation he had been traded.

But what really happened, according to Sweeney, was he had punched a door after making an out in the eighth inning and will be going for X-rays. He probably will be placed on the disabled list.

"It's huge. I feel like I just let the team down," said Sweeney, who added it was the pinky knuckle he hurt but didn't know whether it was broken. "I feel terrible right now. Obviously when you hit something and you just have so much adrenaline going and you don't know what happened. So afterwards it just hurt a little bit."
    Sweeney

What an idiot. I'd rather him punch a child in the stands - he'd at least still be healthy to trade.

Why would we care at all? Sweeney's numbers over the past months have hardly been encouraging, Kalish can't be much worse.

Kalish look brutal last month here. just horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Why would we care at all? Sweeney's numbers over the past months have hardly been encouraging, Kalish can't be much worse.
    Sweeney was trade bait, we could've got something for him.

Time for Kalish to make people stfu

We know Ryan Kalish is coming up but is Ryan Lavarnway far behind? Red Sox may believe infusion of youth may be better than a deal for vets.
    Cafardo

Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Well now there is no way that we can trade him for anything. So he is right he did let the team down.
    -

Sweeney's homemade no trade clause was dumb he should get suspended. Theres no way he didnt know he was getting traded.

Kalish called up, Sweeney to DL

Kalish needs to show me something. He's disappointed me.
    Bring back MacDime

It's not like Sweeney would have gotten anything in a trade. Kalish has been beasting in AAA since going down. He pretty much went straight to the majors after not playing baseball for around a year. Of course he was going to struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Cafardo
    I'm surprised we didn't move one of the catchers for Lavarnway to get his time.

Sweeney is an idiot. Told you guys when they made the deal and everyone was chortling how much we took Beane to the woodshed that Beane doesn't get beat in deals very often. Well, here is another one.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Sweeney required an operation on his broken pinkie, and will be out for a while. Kalish up.
    Word is he'll be out for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Word is he'll be out for the rest of the season.
    **** him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast