Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Just got back from seeing Peoria play. Played the Mariners low A team. Saw about 3 scouts at the game. One was definitely a Pirates scout. I couldn't figure out who the other two were for.

Nolan Gorman went 1/4 but made and error at 3b. Seemed to have good speed and an above avg arm. He is only 18 and will need to add some size to his frame. Bit of a slow start to his Peoria tenure. Didn't really have a good day at the plate tonight with a couple shallow LF and CF pop outs and his hit was a bloop single to LF that the LF misplayed but a hit is a hit.

Luken Baker stood out. That kid is HUGE. He was DH. He went 1/4 with a hard lined single to LF. Very slow around the bases. He is built like a linebacker. He has the mass but seems like he needs to slim down a bit. Pretty sure I was sitting a couple rows behind his parents. They were all decked out in TCU garb.

A player that did not look great was Nick Plummer. Went 0/4 with 4 Ks. Was hitting lead off but is only .214 on the year.

Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Just got back from seeing Peoria play. Played the Mariners low A team. Saw about 3 scouts at the game. One was definitely a Pirates scout. I couldn't figure out who the other two were for.

Nolan Gorman went 1/4 but made and error at 3b. Seemed to have good speed and an above avg arm. He is only 18 and will need to add some size to his frame. Bit of a slow start to his Peoria tenure. Didn't really have a good day at the plate tonight with a couple shallow LF and CF pop outs and his hit was a bloop single to LF that the LF misplayed but a hit is a hit.

Luken Baker stood out. That kid is HUGE. He was DH. He went 1/4 with a hard lined single to LF. Very slow around the bases. He is built like a linebacker. He has the mass but seems like he needs to slim down a bit. Pretty sure I was sitting a couple rows behind his parents. They were all decked out in TCU garb.

A player that did not look great was Nick Plummer. Went 0/4 with 4 Ks. Was hitting lead off but is only .214 on the year.
    Cool

I am excited about Baker, huge dude. Turned into a stud for me in OOTP in a franchise, so I'm partially biased lol

I had a perennial 35 homer 1B with him for like 7 years.

6 hits, 6 rbi in 5 games....i get he wasnt trout in your one game you saw but to say his 333 average 381 obp and 881 ops is a slow start is a tad bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    6 hits, 6 rbi in 5 games....i get he wasnt trout in your one game you saw but to say his 333 average 381 obp and 881 ops is a slow start is a tad bit over the top.
    Well, time is relative and circumstances matter. I saw him the week, specifically on 8/11, he started at Peoria where he was 2/11 to start his Peoria career and that was when I made my statement that he was on "a bit of a slow start to his Peoria tenure".

His streak started August 12th and I am glad he adjusted to his new environment and is continuing his great start to his career. I look forward to following his career just like you and everyone else.
    Last edited by cards7; Today at 02:11 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314