Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast
    The other day someone was talking about how good Vegas has been in their 1st year. Of course my first reaction was "well they we're left with some pretty good pieces because of the expansion draft rules." Anyways, this got me thinking. What if on top of the NHL entry draft, they did an NHL player draft. Similar rules apply as to how many you can protect, who is ineligible and ect. Draft order is based on standings (worst to first) and side deals can take place.

Imagine how much something like this could change the landscape year after year in the NHL. A bottom feeder like the Yotes could actually acquire decent talent and maybe be competitive vs being one of the NHL's worst franchises. It would certainly put a HUGE emphasis on drafting prospects and developing them.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    The other day someone was talking about how good Vegas has been in their 1st year. Of course my first reaction was "well they we're left with some pretty good pieces because of the expansion draft rules." Anyways, this got me thinking. What if on top of the NHL entry draft, they did an NHL player draft. Similar rules apply as to how many you can protect, who is ineligible and ect. Draft order is based on standings (worst to first) and side deals can take place.

Imagine how much something like this could change the landscape year after year in the NHL. A bottom feeder like the Yotes could actually acquire decent talent and maybe be competitive vs being one of the NHL's worst franchises. It would certainly put a HUGE emphasis on drafting prospects and developing them.
    Really? I would think the oppsite. You rely on other teams to develop players and you just pick the best one

And your punishing a team like tampa because they did it right and drafted properly now they will be forced to let someone go? Its already hard to keep a team together now it will be damn near impossible between cap and that draft
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Really? I would think the oppsite. You rely on other teams to develop players and you just pick the best one

And your punishing a team like tampa because they did it right and drafted properly now they will be forced to let someone go? Its already hard to keep a team together now it will be damn near impossible between cap and that draft
    How would it be the opposite? Most prospects are ineligible as are most draft picks within the last 2-3 years. Look at Boston last year, who was the best "prospect" we made available? Koko?

This type of draft is really just NHL players and possibly guys that are currently blocked in their organization because of depth.
    "The Next Generation"

Colin miller....imagine our d with him

Now imagine him going to the habs instead on vegas.....**** that **** lol. I want teams like montreal to suffer cause they have no idea how to draft or develop.
    Last edited by 2bleedB&G; 01-01-2018 at 02:52 AM.
    Unleash the Pasta!

Now imagine him going to the habs instead on vegas.....**** that **** lol. I want teams like montreal to suffer cause they have no idea how to draft or develop.
    Miller isn't what this team needs. Points look nice, but his oiSV% isn't great, doesn't block a lot of shots and doesn't really hit. Not what you're looking for as a 3rd pairing guy.
    "The Next Generation"

I highly doubt Colin Miller is doing anything close, to what he's doing in Vegas, here. He'd be the 3rd pairing defenseman, getting less minutes and less PP time. Bruins had to get rid of someone due to the expansion draft, just like every team. It was Kevan, Colin, or Adam. They chose Kevan, who was coming off a solid second half of the season, and a huge playoff (he was a beast for the Bruins against the Senators, playing 25+ a night). I think they chose right there.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    I highly doubt Colin Miller is doing anything close, to what he's doing in Vegas, here. He'd be the 3rd pairing defenseman, getting less minutes and less PP time. Bruins had to get rid of someone due to the expansion draft, just like every team. It was Kevan, Colin, or Adam. They chose Kevan, who was coming off a solid second half of the season, and a huge playoff (he was a beast for the Bruins against the Senators, playing 25+ a night). I think they chose right there.
    I agree with you on most here, but I think Miller would be a good 3rd pair anywhere. He wouldn't have fit here because we don't have a left handed shutdown guy, but anywhere else they have one, he'd be perfect in. For the price that Vegas got him for (free), they sure got themselves a hell of a player.

Haters gonna hate

As Jack was going on last night about the #3 and #7 and eventually talking about #37 being retired and maybe even #33, it got me thinking. What is everyone's "requirements" to have a number retired?

I'll come up with my own list and add it in, but for now I'd be interested here what everyone else thinks.
    "The Next Generation"

Id say 37 is a lock , 90-95% 33 gets retired and I think 63 is well on his way to if he resigns another deal

I think 33 and 37 is a lock tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

I think if 46 stays in a bruins uniform his whole career and it lasts a lot long and he continues to be an important player he certainly deserves it. I don't know what the standards typically are but thats my personal feeling.

37 and 33 are locks. 63 looking good but goal scorers can fall off in their 30s and often don't stay with one team.

Was very bored this morning before my meeting and decided to look up which players in the NHL wear #25 (my favorite number. I was surprised to see how many guys actually did and decided to throw together a line-up of just guys wearing the #25 this season.

With that I give you the 2017-2018 All #25 Team:

JVR - Cousins - Kase
    Matteau - De La Rose - Ritchie
    Chimera - Griffith - Smith-Pelly
    Haapala - Hamilton - Cracknell

Brodin - Carlo
    Nurse - Green
    Emelin - Mueller

Markstrom

The defense actually came out pretty good IMO. The forward group leaves a lot to desired and goaltending average at best. I'd say this is a bottom 5 team in today's NHL.
    "The Next Generation"

Haha, my favorite number is 9. Not looking at all the team's situations, but I'm sure #9 is a retired number for a lot of franchises. Here's what I could come up with. This is the best lineup (i could assemble) for active #9's.

Hall -- Duchene (COL) -- Panarin
    Forsberg -- T. Johnson -- E. Kane
    Keller -- Koivu -- Ryan
    Copp -- Kempe -- Upshall

Orlov -- Provorov

I'd say it's a pretty good start to a team lol

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Haha, my favorite number is 9. Not looking at all the team's situations, but I'm sure #9 is a retired number for a lot of franchises. Here's what I could come up with. This is the best lineup (i could assemble) for active #9's.

Hall -- Duchene (COL) -- Panarin
    Forsberg -- T. Johnson -- E. Kane
    Keller -- Koivu -- Ryan
    Copp -- Kempe -- Upshall

Orlov -- Provorov

I'd say it's a pretty good start to a team lol
    No going to lie, you a solid 2nd pairing away from a cup contender lol
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    No going to lie, you a solid 2nd pairing away from a cup contender lol
    I'll never have a SC quality goalie though...I'll never have a goalie in general

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast