Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    I'll never have a SC quality goalie though...I'll never have a goalie in general
    I'd just find a goalie that wore something with a 9 in it lol
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I'd just find a goalie that wore something with a 9 in it lol
    That's doable. Goalies wear 29 hahaha

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    That's doable. Goalies wear 29 hahaha
    MAF is your guy lol
    "The Next Generation"

I was having a discussion with someone about Hedman today and came across something that made me stop and think.

For the first 4 years of Hedman's career, he started in the offensive zone 44.7% of the time. So for the first 4 years he had the following:

258 GP / .34 PPG / 89.5 oiSV% / -6 GFGAev

Now a funny thing happened in his 5th year. Tampa started shifting Hedman's zone starts to the offensive side and over the last 4 years he's average a 57.3 oZS% (that's nearly a 13% point swing). How did Hedman fair over those next 4 years?

291 GP / .73 PPG / 90.5 oiSV% / +46 GFGAev

Not really sure where I'm trying to go with this, but I found it very interesting
    "The Next Generation"

I'm a little late on this but is anyone else disgusted by the fact that Burrows only got 10 games for the Taylor Hall incident? Was way worse than the one shawn thornton got for the brooks orpik incident and I believe he got 15. Burrows is garbage and a goon and doesn't belong in the NHL

If Marchand had of done that he would have got 30 games easily
    Last edited by neely borque; 02-10-2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Spelling

So everyone knows I'm a data guy, its what I do for a living. Anyways I decided to look back at the last 20 years of drafts and see if there were certain trend differences between GM's or if anticancer GM's went back to a specific develop league for players. Its interesitng, but not acurrate as some guys (like Donato) are listed as MASS HS, but it was really Havard as the development league. I'm going to try and narrow stuff down, but anyways I also looked at where we drafted in the last 20 years. Some interesting stuff...

In the last 20 years:

- Boston inside the top 10 has never selected 3rd, 4th, 6th or 10th

- The most popular draft position for Boston over the last 20 years = 135th & 165th w/ 4 selections each. Who were those selections?

135th - Timofeyev '97 / Raycroft '98 / Florek '10 / Koppanen '16
    165th - Milanovic '98 / McIntyre '10 / Steen '16 / Hughes '15

Now for my favorite. Patrice Bergeron was selected #45 overall. In the last 20 years only 2 other players have been drafted by Boston at #45....Ryan Spooner and JFK.

Other notable facts:

Sweeney has used only 5% of the teams picks to address the RW position and 14% on the LW position. This is the lowest combined wing pick% of the last 5 B's GM's. Sweeney does however lead the other GM's in pick% of Center (32%) and Defensemen (41%)
    "The Next Generation"

Well finally happened, I had to go toe to toe with a Hackerty Pink Hat. Lets just say it went as you expected...

Them - Rask is overrated and chokes in the playoffs

Me - well we know the facts I can roll off about Tuuk's

Them - Krejci is injury prone and overrated

Me - mentioned how many games he's played the last 3 years and his P/GP has been on pace with Bergy

Them - Chara is too old and a liability

Me - **Confused looked and asking myself if they're serious or just dumb

Oh and finally this was the best one of them all, but not a standard pink hat comment

Them - Charlie McAvoy is a #3

Me - Walk away....No one needs that kind of negativity in their life.
    "The Next Generation"

Wow looking at this team a few years down the road and its mind boggling. Funny that on draft day, Frederic was comp'd to David Backes (someone he molds his game after) and Frederic could be the guy that forces Backes out lol.

Why do I say that...

Seattle expansion (should it all work) would be after the '19-'20 off-season. At this point Backes has one year left and is only owed $4 million, but carries a $6 million hit. Good veteran leadership guy that is know out in the western conference. I wouldn't be shocked to see Boston pay to have Seattle take Backes.

This team could go in so many directions its crazy. I mean if most of these guys pan out then we're going to have to trade someone
    "The Next Generation"

I was actually just thinking about that as well, i just wasnít sure what Backesí move clause was. At the very least, I can for sure seeing Sweeney asking Backes if he would move it to be available in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    I was actually just thinking about that as well, i just wasnít sure what Backesí move clause was. At the very least, I can for sure seeing Sweeney asking Backes if he would move it to be available in the draft
    At the point of the expansion draft he and Krejci will only have M-NTC's and therefore they can be leave exposed.
    "The Next Generation"

Hey guys... trying to drum up some activity... anyone want to play in the NFL mock offseason. Itís a lot of fun, probably my favorite game on here (aside from the ghost of the NHL mock offseason ). Thereís 19 signed up, we need to get to 28.

PSD's NFL Mock Offseason Signups
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Can someone explain to me why Sweeney felt it was a good idea to spend roughly 4 mil on 3 support players that donít fill any needs and not big back mojo for the Same money he made last year , he clearly fit well here

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041