Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is the DH12 deal WORTH it for the Nets?

I know you're probably saying..oh no, another nets thread. Well I have different perspective here, as a nets fan for 2 decades.

Ok, so Dwight Howard. He's the #1 center in the NBA, no doubt. He's still young - 26. But is it really worth the risk for the nets to give:

3 first round picks - mind you they will be 25th overall at best, but still a big part of a team's future

Kris Humphries - I laugh at when I see Cavs fans saying, I don't know if we want to take on his contract..etc. This guy has to be one of the most underrated PF's in the league. He's improved a lot, may not be liked a lot ..but he's a great player - hustle player. He's a top 5 rebounder in the league, and you can easily expect him to get 12 & 10 per game.

Marshon Brooks - This is one of the brightest young players of the future. This guy has the determination of Kobe Bryant in terms of work ethic. Now, I heard throughout the year he could be the next ' Kobe,' and I don't buy that - he hasn't earned getting that future status even remotely. But you could expect him to be one of the top scorers in the league in a few years, count on that. His defence is also extremely good, with his long arms.

Brook Lopez - Top 5 center in the NBA, easily. His rebounding needs improving ,but that's his only downside. One of the best shooting big men, and if you really want to see what he can do - watch youtube video highlights of his 38 point domination of the Mavericks this year. When he was healthy 2 years ago, people didn't hesistate to name him the #2 best center in the league behind Howard.

Damien James - Is just a defensive player, mind you a good one but for howard it's not a biggie, also Sheldon Williams, Sundiata Gaines are nothing to cry about losing.

So what do you think? Is 3 first rounders, a top upcoming player, and one of the best rebounders worth it for Howard?

and P.S can someone clarify something:

- Recent reports say the nets are looking for a 4th team to take on Marshon Brooks, to get another first rounder to sent to the Magic.

Your saying the Magic, are looking at a 5th-10th overall pick is better than Marshon Brooks? Cause that sounds idiotic to me

Projected Lineup WITHOUT Howard Trade:

C- Lopez / R. Evans
    PF- Humphries / Mirza Teleovic
    SF- Gerald Wallace / M. Brooks
    SG - Joe Johnson/ Damian James
    PG - D-Will / Tyshawn Taylor

WITH Howard Trade:

C- Howard / Camby ?
    PF - Mirza Teleovic - Reggie Evans
    SF - G. Wallace - Earl Clark
    SG- Joe Johnson - Jason Richardson
    PG - D-Will / Tyshawn Taylor
    Last edited by bknets00; 07-09-2012 at 04:21 PM.

100% absolutely f'n yes.

Umm. Yes. BK is the robber, not the other way around.

Nets are getting robbed. Fire Billy King

Yes.

You are either Great, mediocre, or flat out bad. When you have a chance to be great, you go for it. If the Nets get Howard, maybe it doesn't pan out, but you absolutely have to try.
    They will have more key players to start than Miami did two years ago, so they'll have a head start there. I'd say yes it's worth it.

Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

Oh no, another Nets thread.

Jk. Of course he is worth it, even though he is a baby and NY media will probably eat him alive, he is still the best center in the NBA and a top 5 player in this league.

Yes, but it is much closer than everyone thinks. Many think this is highway robbery but in a few years this will look a lot more even.

I'll really miss Marshon.

Is this thread worth it?

The Nets are pretty much giving up nothing for Dwight muh ****in Howard.

S E A N....M A Y N E

Quote Originally Posted by YouCan'tBeatLA View Post
    copycat
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    copycat
    Couldn't resist.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast