Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 349 of 349 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349
Results 5,221 to 5,226 of 5226
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I dont see it being needed to get the deal done. That doesnt make sense. We can afford it. Then in 2 years, if all 3 leave, we clear what, 70 million in salary? I think we can afford it for 2 years and STILL be under the luxury tax. It's just an excuse
    We can't afford it without them taking back a bad contract or them sending us significant cash.

We have $10M available for the 2020 payroll, max of $15M, and 2021 is much the same, though Molina falls off, it's mainly eaten up by other arb raises.

Also, if we just add Arenado to payroll right now, we are over the luxury tax (there is a little less than $28M left to the luxury tax, and Arenado is a $32.5M hit). No way DeWitt pays into the luxury tax. I don't think we could even afford to without borrowing money.

For Arenado to happen (and I am confident it's not happening), the Rockies have to make him more affordable. We can't add $35M to 2020's payroll, otherwise we would have kept our prospects and gone after Rendon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    We can't afford it without them taking back a bad contract or them sending us significant cash.

We have $10M available for the 2020 payroll, max of $15M, and 2021 is much the same, though Molina falls off, it's mainly eaten up by other arb raises.

Also, if we just add Arenado to payroll right now, we are over the luxury tax (there is a little less than $28M left to the luxury tax, and Arenado is a $32.5M hit). No way DeWitt pays into the luxury tax. I don't think we could even afford to without borrowing money.

For Arenado to happen (and I am confident it's not happening), the Rockies have to make him more affordable. We can't add $35M to 2020's payroll, otherwise we would have kept our prospects and gone after Rendon.
    And Martinez contract wont help with that?

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

By your numbers, you said were 28 million from the luxury tax, CMart is 11.5. So that would put us at 39 million from the luxury cap, with Arenado being 34, I think that leaves 5 million there. So again, we dont need to trade Carp or Folwer to get Arenado. CMart/Gorman/Thompson/Knizner should do it

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    By your numbers, you said were 28 million from the luxury tax, CMart is 11.5. So that would put us at 39 million from the luxury cap, with Arenado being 34, I think that leaves 5 million there. So again, we dont need to trade Carp or Folwer to get Arenado. CMart/Gorman/Thompson/Knizner should do it
    With Weiters we are at $26M to go.

C-Mart is $10.25M (remember it's AAV)

So that puts us $36M, Arenado is $32.5M. But Wainwright and Wieters incentives are another $6M, and you have to plan that they hit those.

Yeah, I'm sure the Rockies would jump at that offer.

today is the trade deadline. I don't expect us to do much. Maybe grab a lefty like Tony Watson from the Giants.

These are the days when I reminesce about not trading for Nolan