Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 325 of 330 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 4936
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    What if we rolled with next year Donaldson and Goldie? Carp plays 2B and Wong spells him and obviously Carp can spell both Goldie and Donaldson as well.
    So no Harper?

Then you'd probably want to play Carpenter more as a super utility guy who spells at each corner, and wouldn't really play much second base.

Jose Martinez would likely be in a Goldie trade, and Jedd would hold no value to us at all.

But we could afford to stack the bullpen, and have a dangerous lineup

1. Carpenter - 1B/2B/3B/LF/RF
    2. Donaldson - 3B
    3. Ozuna - LF
    4. Goldie - 1B
    5. O'Neill - RF
    6. DeJong - SS
    7. Molina - C
    8. Pitcher
    9. Wong - 2B/Bader - CF

Move around as necessary so Carpenter plays 5 out of 6 games, and so does every one else.

Donaldson on a 2 year deal, Goldie just for next year then let him walk. (We shouldn't have to give up a ton to get him either from everything I have read)

Then next year we have Carp/Donaldson/Goldie/Ozuna at the top of the line up. That's pretty outstanding. Then in 2020 when Goldie and Ozuna fall off, we can either look to extend Ozuna or we can go another route. That line up for next year would easily be a playoff caliber line up, and our pitching would be pretty damn solid and we would be able to go out and get a top reliever still.
    It's possible.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 11-08-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Seattle wouldn't offer Diaz for Carlos Martinez? ummm
    no they would not, they could get at least 2 top prospects and one or two more prospects for Diaz they are doing a teardwon not a rebuild. Carlos and his millions mean nothing to them

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    no they would not, they could get at least 2 top prospects and one or two more prospects for Diaz they are doing a teardwon not a rebuild. Carlos and his millions mean nothing to them
    Carlos is owned for 5 years at a pretty darn favorable rate.

While I agree they'd prefer prospects, Carlos has as much control as a top prospect, and he's proven.

i believe you can dump fowler in seattle for segura, might cost us more in prospects to do so even eat some cash on fowlers end but fowler isnt going to hurt their chances of sucking. they dont think they can compete with bos,nyy and hou are cash strapped and have no farm system. maybe you could move three of your prospects ranked 7-20 to seattle, assuming those prospects are either recently drafted or international free agents who have the potential to be impact players for seattle 2-4 years from now.

mad dog said today taht stl isnt a baseball destination for free agents. great franchise, great fans, but basically its in the middle of nowhere.

If Carlos Martinez doesn't have a ton of value.... it would be COMPLETELY IDIOTIC to trade him right now. Even at "mediocre" his contract is team friendly.

He had a bad year, and his era was 3.11! He is an ace type pitcher, and at the very least, he would be a fantastic #2 for any team in baseball. Trading players like him for anything less than a fantastic return is how you completely destroy a franchise. Trading Martinez for Diaz right now would be selling low and buying high... which is a horrid idea. Diaz's value will never be higher than it is right now. Martinez's value has never been lower than it is right now (and it is still higher than Diaz's in my opinion).

Hold onto Carlos. At the very least, he can be as effective a closer as Diaz. However, being a front of the line starter is MUCH more valuable than a relief pitcher.

cubs open to listening to offers for Bryant. Now lets sign Harper and trade for his bestie. Reyes, Oneill, whatever not named hicks, montero, gorman, flahrety for him. wouldnt have to get a new deal with bryant done for a few years. i know, rivals dont trade to each other and in division teams dont do it either.

No way the Cubs trade him... that’s a clickbait report

He just said they’d listen on all players, a question that every GM would answer the same way.

When asked what it would take, he said he couldn’t imagine the level of a deal that would have to happen.

I.e. no chance it happens.

Cubs would need like the top 3 prospects in all of baseball to give one of Bryant, Rizzo, or Baez away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think Ozuna's down year will impact his arbitration this year? I think mlbtr had an arbitration prediction of 12-13M for him next year.

If the Cardinals do end up taking on a lot of salary this offseason, I wonder if they'll trade Wacha who is the one arbitration guys that is due to start making more per year.

What if we made a trade of Fowler for Cano? I guess I doubt he'd accept it, but it'd be worth a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

What if we made a trade of Fowler for Cano? I guess I doubt he'd accept it, but it'd be worth a shot
    I don't see the need at second, and Cano is owed over $100M still.

I'm sure the Mariners would be all over it, but I wouldn't be.

A fair swap there would be Seager for Fowler, and Seager has been struggling much like Fowler

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I don't see the need at second, and Cano is owed over $100M still.

I'm sure the Mariners would be all over it, but I wouldn't be.

A fair swap there would be Seager for Fowler, and Seager has been struggling much like Fowler
    Cano can play 3rd and also 1st base. I see him ending up at 1B for the long haul. I see him having 3 very strong years left. I get he still has a lot left on his contract, but he still has probably 12-15 war left in him.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

As much as I hate to say it, Jake Lamb is the right move at 3rd base. Doesnt cost a lot, under control for three more years, gives time for the kiddo's to develop at the corner infield spots and shouldnt take a whole lot to tradeto give up to get.

I also like getting Jean Segura in here because im going to harp on it until someone steps up, we need a 2 hole hitter too. ideally he would lead off but having two obp machines batting 1-2 could offset some of not having a masher batting 3rd, 4th, or 5th. hard to see seattle taking back wong there though. again i like koltens defense, love it. but this team needs more than one improvement even if it means giving up what is currently a very good one way player.

carp
    segura
    ozuna
    lamb
    oneill
    molina
    dejong
    bader

I’d be game with that.