Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Mariners at Athletics

at

Code:
    Series at a Glance Game 1: Fri, Jul 6 10:05 PM ET Seattle @ Oakland Game 2: Sat, Jul 7 10:10 PM ET Seattle @ Oakland Game 3: Sun, Jul 8 4:05 PM ET Seattle @ Oakland

maybe?

Noesi sent to Tacoma. Peguero up.

Seattle4Ever Guest
    We're away, so I'm calling a sweep.

I always call sweeps.

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Noesi sent to Tacoma. Peguero up.
    I don't think he has turned a corner but maybe Peguero seems to have had a better approach this year in the Minors and he didn't look to bad in Spring Training either he was actually taking pitches instead of swinging for the moon.

I don't see where they are going to play Peguero though i think this is more of a message to Noesi that when you get a guy 0-2 you don't hang breaking balls and you don't throw fastballs over the middle of the plate.

Yea noes I showed a lot of characteristics of a reliever, live arm but foolish at times, his last start was discouraging bc they were hitting him early before he was doing well til the 2nd or 3rd time thru the lineup.

I dont like Peguero taking ABs away from our outfielders, I think he can be more productive than smoak tho.

Wut is our record vs Oakland tho

He will probably take some DH time away from Montero.
    We brought up Delabar before, so we had enough pitchers already, that's why C Pegs got called up.

And this means Iwakuma stays in the rotation, but who's our fifth starter...? Erasmo is recently on the DL, so will Furbush go back to starting? Or call up Carraway or Hultzen...? Its July, so I could see a Hultzen promotion in a couple weeks, if they found a way to temporarily fill the fifth spot. Maybe Beavan comes back up? I really hope not, but you never know. With the 40-man roster deal, its hard to assume Carraway comes up if Hultzen is coming soon... that would mean two guys off the 40-man roster to make room for both of them.

And Peguero has 18 HRs in 49 games in Tacoma. If you do the math, he's on pace for 60 HRs in a 162 game season. He's homered in each of the last five games, one of them with two HRs (six total). He's been maintaining a 50% XBH rate (half his hits go for extra bases), with over twice as many HRs as doubles, and a 50% rate is good!! For comparison B.Miller has a 45% rate, S.Romero has a 38% rate, Franklin has a 42% rate, R.Morla has a 46% rate... going down the list of the top batters ranked by total bases (TB) in the PCL, only a couple guys are above 50% (Brandon Hicks and Paul McAnulty), and then only a few more are at 50% with Piggy. Its an impressive feat. If he had enough games to qualify, Piggy would be #2 in the PCL in SLG%.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 07-05-2012 at 11:03 PM.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

They only play like 135 in the minors, but still amazing. Hope he can hit for some kind of average/contract.

Edit: Wrong

Guti and Carp will be back soon though, so Peguero is either going to have to tear it up or he'll be right back to Tacoma. Hopefully he forces them to make decisions on Figgins and maybe even Olivo... cut them both... cough.
    Last edited by FWBrodie; 07-06-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: stupidity

Pegs in a lefty isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Pegs in a lefty isn't he?
    Damn, you're right. Wierd. I totally thought he was right handed. Whelp, throw that theory out. Ugghh, you know Wedge is going to put him right into the starting outfield unless he sits Montero against right-handers for a week or something and puts Peguero at DH. Swear if Wells or Jaso lose a single at bat to him I'm gonna flip out.

Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    He will probably take some DH time away from Montero.
    We brought up Delabar before, so we had enough pitchers already, that's why C Pegs got called up.
    Good call don't know if i like him taking away playing time from Montero i hope they give Peguero a fair shot though we really got nothing to lose playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Edit: Wrong

Guti and Carp will be back soon though, so Peguero is either going to have to tear it up or he'll be right back to Tacoma. Hopefully he forces them to make decisions on Figgins and maybe even Olivo... cut them both... cough.
    unfortunately i just dont see that happening til after the trade deadline

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast