Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Dusty Baker upset with Tony LaRussa regarding All-Star Roster

SAN FRANCISCO - Who did not make the All-Star Team for the Reds overshadowed who made it. Joey Votto was voted in by the fans. Aroldis Chapman was voted in by the players. And Jay Bruce made it on the coaches' selection.

Brandon Phillips and Johnny Cueto did not make it. Reds manager Dusty Baker directly blamed Tony La Russa, who will manage the National League team, for that. He thinks brawl between the Reds and the Cardinals led to the snub.

"I'm happy for the guys who made it big time, especially for Chapman," Baker said. "You figured that Joey would make it. We knew Jay had an outside chance. You also figured that Johnny Cueto and Brandon Phillips had a great chance. I don't understand that one.
    http://m.cincinnati.com/enquirertopn...07010061&f=880

LaRussa's response

La Russa said, "If Dusty had been more interested in Cueto being on the team, then he wouldn’t be pitching him on Sunday. Cueto probably would be on the team if he wasn’t pitching Sunday.
    “The comments Dusty made clearly disappoint me and are attacking my integrity. The All-Star experience is too important to let anything stand in the way of a decision like that .
    “No way am I going to penalize anybody for any kind of past history. The fact is that Cueto is going to be pitching on Sunday. Some other day, he’s probably on the team.”
    La Russa did take Reds outfielder Jay Bruce over Matt Holliday as a reserve. In fact, La Russa chose nobody from the Cardinals to the current 33-man squad.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...#ixzz1zR3HikWI

Phillips is maybe the 4th best NL second basemen this year, behind Altuve, Hill, and Uggla. He wasn't deserving.

And Ron Washington selected 4 Rangers! Harrison, Nathan, Kinsler, and Andrus. I can see Andrus....

Cueto is possibly deserving, but he wasn't the biggest snub, poor Greinke

Baker's comments are a little....unjustified I think.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 07-02-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Frieri and Downs both having better years then Nathan, smh Washington...

If I was a manager I'd stack the roster with my own players. I get why people ***** about it, but why the **** should Ron Washington care?

Just stating my own opinion on how good my teams bullpen has been and deserves to be in, no **** Sherlock Washington doesn't care.

I wasn't talking directly to you, moreso the endless barrage of people that complain about managers "taking their own guys" every season.

Dusty Baker. I remember that guy...

Baker added

“A snub like that looks bad. Johnny and Brandon were at the center of a skirmish between us and the Cardinals. Some of the Cardinals who aren’t there anymore are making some of the selections.”
    And none of the people making these decisions took any Cardinals, and they took Jay Bruce!

what a freaking dumbass.

ohhh Dusty

So LaRusaa didn't select Lynn?

Quote Originally Posted by UPRock View Post
    So LaRusaa didn't select Lynn?
    Nope, he was voted in by the players 10 days ago.

This kind of funny

Who exactly did LaRussa all pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    http://m.cincinnati.com/enquirertopn...07010061&f=880

LaRussa's response

Phillips is maybe the 4th best NL second basemen this year, behind Altuve, Hill, and Uggla. He wasn't deserving.

And Ron Washington selected 4 Rangers! Harrison, Nathan, Kinsler, and Andrus. I can see Andrus....

Cueto is possibly deserving, but he wasn't the biggest snub, poor Greinke

Baker's comments are a little....unjustified I think.
    Phillips maybe the 4th best NL 2B? No way dude! He literally has double the stats Altuve has, Uggla is batting about 60 points lower than him. Hill is the only comparable player. Not to mention Phillips can run circles around every one of those guys defensively. Phillips makes plays Uggla cant even fathom. But its the all star game and defense clearly doesn't matter...remember that one ASG with Uggla playing 2nd? Good lord I've seen little leaguers field the ball better. Cueto is without a DOUBT a snub, poor Grienke? Cueto has a better ERA! Without a doubt there is something to this, BP called the Cards some names and Cueto knocked Larue out of the game, he definitely didn't want them in the ASG, he chose Bruce (which made NO sense) only to cover it all up...some of you are blind

GODS OF JUICE

Chris Capuano got snubbed big time.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

lol dusty baker is such a ****. i will never forget him sitting there with a big stupid grin on his face in 2003 with that stupid toothpick in his mouth with his Cubs being ahead of the Marlins 3-2 and having Prior and Wood pitching the next two games at home. That cocky son of a ***** sitting up there saying it was in the bag. I specifically remember him saying in the post game 5 interview "I'm looking forward to going back to the World Series" How'd that work out for ya you dumb ****?

#DefensiveLine2019
    #PromotePassRushSynergy
    #Chubb/Von/IDL

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast