Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Wedge is just an old fool. He sends a negative vibe in the clubhouse. He discourages and condemns our players in front of the media. He never builds any consistency in his lineup. Always playing Olivo. All he says in his interviews is that we suck. We need a new face in the clubhouse.

Yea i don't get it either he will sit there and put guys like Ackley on the bench or move him in the lineup yet play Olivo who is swinging at everything.

^yeah. I get the Ackley is struggling, but so has Olivo, and he still hits higher in the order than him!
    Wedge is one of the worst managers ever. At least Wak new the game, he was just a *****. Wedge doesn't bring anything.
    #FreeThompson?

olivo didnt even play last night, and wedge was smart enough to ph for him the night before, the last month olivo's ABs have been cut back significantly.... The blame needs to stretch out to far more than just wedge and olivo.... wedge cant go up there and bat.

Also, boston made our ball park look small last night... we didnt even get it to the OF last night... if fences were moved in we lose last night probably 10-0 bc figgy made 2 catches at the wall with runners on.

on the positive.... How impressive did Felix's night look watching last night... Bobby V tipped his cap to felix, in the commentary they said he may have never seen a pitcher have that good of stuff. WOW!

That's true. We need our team to hit it to the OF for the fences to make a difference.
    Wedge is still partly to blame. He is an idiot. Talking **** about your players doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post

on the positive.... How impressive did Felix's night look watching last night... Bobby V tipped his cap to felix, in the commentary they said he may have never seen a pitcher have that good of stuff. WOW!
    David Ortiz said after that game, "That wasn't human, man."

Seattle4Ever Guest
    ^ I saw that quote on Facebook. It's the Mariners cover photo on their page on FB.

we have scored 5 runs over our past 6 games

olivo didnt even play last night, and wedge was smart enough to ph for him the night before, the last month olivo's ABs have been cut back significantly.... The blame needs to stretch out to far more than just wedge and olivo.... wedge cant go up there and bat.

Also, boston made our ball park look small last night... we didnt even get it to the OF last night... if fences were moved in we lose last night probably 10-0 bc figgy made 2 catches at the wall with runners on.

But do they do it against Hultzen, Walker and Paxton...? They didn't do it against Felix. Moving the fences in makes sense only once we bring up the other studs.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Yea Boston did hit some out of the park but i swear Safeco held at least 5 of them i heard a really crushed ball by Middlebrooks that just died in CF.

Noesi was also serving up HR's like it was the HR derby easy to hit them out when he is throwing meat balls to the hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    But do they do it against Hultzen, Walker and Paxton...? They didn't do it against Felix. Moving the fences in makes sense only once we bring up the other studs.
    actually that catch saunders had at the wall against gonzalez in the 9th woulda been gone, felix wouldnt have finished the game, who knows how it woulda ended up.... i say we support our young pitchers and keep it a pitchers park, itll help when its time to talk extension.

I don't see why your so opposed to moving the fences in since moving out of the Kingdome playing in Safeco has been a horrible place for hitters and we aren't winning anyways with it being a pitchers ball park.

Also moving the fences in isn't going to make it like New York Stadium or Fen Way Park we still play in a marine layer it's just going to make it easier.

Don't tell me it's not in there heads and that they should learn to hit in it we have to over pay hitters to hit in this ball park otherwise they just go to another team.

If you consider yourself an Ace Pitcher you should be able to pitch any were and not just in a pitcher friendly confine.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 06-30-2012 at 09:24 PM.

im against it but i do see a couple points

1)ny mets have responded well even tho their park was even bigger, 2) offensive free agents, especially power hitters do not want to play here.... Beltre screwed that up for us, but like u said, we still dont have hitter friendly conditions, so i think it'll always be a challenge to sign top offensive FAs, besides they cost the most so they will usually sign with NY, Boston, or LA anyways.

so i have a counter to both my points... i just dont see our dimensions losing us games, its the team, maybe some see a handful more balls go over the fence and helps their confidence but i think thats weak, and at the end of the day, if i have to choose, i support pitching over hitting.

im against it but i do see a couple points

1)ny mets have responded well even tho their park was even bigger, 2) offensive free agents, especially power hitters do not want to play here.... Beltre screwed that up for us, but like u said, we still dont have hitter friendly conditions, so i think it'll always be a challenge to sign top offensive FAs, besides they cost the most so they will usually sign with NY, Boston, or LA anyways.

so i have a counter to both my points... i just dont see our dimensions losing us games, its the team, maybe some see a handful more balls go over the fence and helps their confidence but i think thats weak, and at the end of the day, if i have to choose, i support pitching over hitting.
    So let me get this straight hitting in a ball park is weak excuse for hitters but having to pitch in a pitchers ball park isn't?

ps- we can barely get singles right now, let alone doubles or hrs...

if im wedge i pull a pappelbon and offer 5k to anyone who has a multi hit game which seems impossible right now.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast