Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Injurys in baseball

To me, theres nothing more depressing in sports than a beloved player going down due to injury. It seems like more and more its happening. Mauer and Morneau are perfect examples, two hall of fame/MVP caliber players who's careers have been hampered by miscellaneous injurys. Maybe some of you are familiar with Joel Zumaya? That fireball who threw 100 MPH + for the tigers in 06? He hasnt been healthy since. I know injurys are part of any sport, but it seems like theres an increasing trend. Just look at guys like Evan Longoria or Victor Martinez who are out this year! Its downright dissapointing. So why is it that players are getting injured more often?
    Last edited by Uncle Sam; 06-26-2012 at 05:01 AM.

As A Dodger Fan, Tell Me About It

*Injuries
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

Yeah it sure does suck when you only have 1 pitcher from your opening day rotation who's healthy.

muscle

not that I know for sure, but just a thought. More players are bulking up than they used to. Muscle isn't as flexible. Now we have more injuries. It seems lately we are getting back to smaller speedier guys which should help some with injuries. Just a thought.

Injuries happen all the time. I watched Prior and Wood, the literal future of the franchise, both go from two of the best SP's in the league to......well you know.

They're not getting more frequent. You're just living in the moment.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

steriods
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    steriods
    I bet MANY players took steroids and didnt let on about it. Now theyre afraid to get caught so they dont take them anymore. So, now youve got more and more injuries.

Boston has had half of their players go on the DL, and Toronto's pitchers have had shoulder and elbow problems left, right and centre. It is pretty bad, especially if you have a player that is making a lot of money in a year, only to miss time because of a serious injury.