Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

ESPN: Rockets trying to acquire Dwight Howard

the rockets are attempting to make a trade offer for dwight howard, according to espn.
    Espn broke news late on sunday night that the team was having discussions about moving up in the draft with sacramento and toronto, and houston may be prepared to part with kyle lowry in order to get it done. One gm believes the "real aim" of gm daryl morey is to acquire two top-10 selections and then flip both as part of a "considerable trade offer" for howard. The team had interest in acquiring howard previously, and it will be interesting to see just how active morey is on draft day. http://rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nba/orl/magic
    the houston rockets's willingness to trade for orlando magic center dwight howard even if he refuses to sign a contract extension with them--to trade for howard on a rental basis, so to speak--is one of the nba's worst-kept secrets. And as chad ford and marc stein report jointly for espn.com, the rockets haven't given up on renting the superstar: They're looking to obtain two top-ten picks in thursday's nba draft in order to create a strong trade package for new magic gm rob hennigan to consider.

if houston can parlay its assets, perhaps budding star point guard kyle lowry and its 14th and 16th overall picks, into two high-lottery selections, then it could turn around and offer those new picks, as well as expiring contracts such as samuel dalembert and kevin martin, to the magic in exchange for howard and one of the magic's bad deals.

as ford and stein note, this trade would be a tough sell for hennigan, who only took the job wednesday and may not be looking to trade howard just yet. And for him to even consider such a transaction, the rockets would have to wheel and deal themselves in order to get those high draft picks, so the possibility of a howard trade to the rockets looks slim. But it's early in the nba offseason. Stay tuned.
    http://mobile.orlandopinstripedpost....aft-kyle-lowry
    @klow7: It's been real
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 06-25-2012 at 08:17 AM.

2 top 10 picks, 2expiring and willing to cap Hedo,Duhon and or JRich?

How can it get better? This sets us up for the '14 class which is loaded. Henny let go, Morey good hunting

this be a big "F-U" to DH since he doesn't wanna go there.

However, if this does go down and Howard bolts next summer for NJ or where ever then Morey should lose his job.

Is Dwight willing to sign? I doubt Houston would be willing to do this if he wasnt
    Go Knicks!

All time

I'm pretty sure morey would pull the trigger. I hate it since I know he won't sign here and our team will be mediocre for 3-5 years.
    Texans Time is here!

I can see Lowry getting them a nice lottery pick. Maybe around 6-9 but the 14th and 16th pick will not get them a "high" lottery pick.

This is the problem with the moneyball concept Morey is trying to play. At the end of the day you still need the stars.

Maybe Houston is hoping that Hakeem will change Dwight's mind...

I think the plan is to pair Howard with D-Will and hope its enough to convince Dwight to stay. They have plenty of cap room and if they already have Dwight, Deron might think he can convince Dwight to stay. I think it's a good move, albeit a little risky.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    this be a big "F-U" to DH since he doesn't wanna go there.

However, if this does go down and Howard bolts next summer for NJ or where ever then Morey should lose his job.
    I see nothing wrong with a rental for Dwight if you are the Rockets

a - Dwight turn them into a playoff contender and stays
    b - Dwight leaves em high and dry and they go to a lotto pick

Right now Morey has had them in purgatory forever. They aren't good enough for the playoffs but are not bad enough for the top 10, so they get stuck with mundane picks at 14 who get guaranteed deals, and the repeat the hamster on the wheel process

Morey should be fired anyhow if he stands pat and they stay in purgatory without being good enough to make noise and go for the top prize or fall far enough to get great young top talent in the draft on the cheap to build with

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    Is Dwight willing to sign? I doubt Houston would be willing to do this if he wasnt
    Read the article not headline. They know he won't/may not resign

Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    I think the plan is to pair Howard with D-Will and hope its enough to convince Dwight to stay. They have plenty of cap room and if they already have Dwight, Deron might think he can convince Dwight to stay. I think it's a good move, albeit a little risky.
    +1, this sounds like what they wanna do. Dwill wants to pair with DH so why not in Houston? Dwill home state not far from his home.

I always thought houston was a logical place for howard, especially if they agree to take hedo as well.

idk the exacts of this deal, but it would have to be a 3 way deal involving sacramento (would reke be in this trade?) if sacramento is able to land a great point while sending the 5th pick to orlando (who would jump on drummond.) with orlando getting a competent veteran (scola?) expiring contract (martin?) and 14th pick as well (from houston.) id say this would definetly happen. i also think sacto would receive the 16 pick to even this out.

you also realize that houston would have enough money to bring in Deron if this happens right?

while not how imagined it, it is where i thought dwight and deron would end up
    they Cant Tell you what to do, when you've gone guru!

Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Dwill doesn't even have them on his radar....

Damn. Lowry must be gone for sure with that tweet. This would be interesting.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast