Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

After the Bulls getting eliminated in the first round without Rose (2010-2011 MVP)...

has your opinion on who should have been the 2010-2011 MVP changed?

A lot of people thought he shouldn't have gotten it because of the team's great defense and coaching, which was a great point. They also had offensive weapons that fit with Rose, and were only another ball handler with some offensive skills to take some of the load off Rose away from being at the next level. Before Rose's injury I thought Howard should have won it (maybe Nash too even though the Suns didn't make the Playoffs and injuries had Nash not playing at the MVP level most of the time near the end of the season) because of what he did on both side's of the floor and not having much help, and he still might have deserved it, but after how the Bulls getting beat by the 8th seed, it showed how me how much he meant to that team.

Do you think Rose deserved the MVP over Howard? Do you think somebody else who wasn't Rose or Howard deserved it?

Quote Originally Posted by NetsPaint View Post
    has your opinion on who should have been the 2010-2011 MVP changed?

A lot of people thought he shouldn't have gotten it because of the team's great defense and coaching, which was a great point. They also had offensive weapons that fit with Rose, and were only another ball handler with some offensive skills to take some of the load off Rose away from being at the next level. Before Rose's injury I thought Howard should have won it (maybe Nash too even though the Suns didn't make the Playoffs and injuries had Nash not playing at the MVP level most of the time near the end of the season) because of what he did on both side's of the floor and not having much help, and he still might have deserved it, but after how the Bulls getting beat by the 8th seed, it showed how me how much he meant to that team.

Do you think Rose deserved the MVP over Howard? Do you think somebody else who wasn't Rose or Howard deserved it?
    enlighten us how the bulls losing in the first round because of rose's injury hurts him in the MVP debate instead of stregnthening it?

btw, welcome to 2012

Rose still deserved that MVP. If he didn't tear his ACL, I'd still think we see the Bulls in the finals right now, not Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetosuckdip View Post
    enlighten us how the bulls losing in the first round because of rose's injury hurts him in the MVP debate instead of stregnthening it?

btw, welcome to 2012
    I said it hurt it? Pretty sure I said it strengthened it.

Yeah, it is 2012, in which the case has been presented because of the 2012 Playoffs.

I said it hurt it? Pretty sure I said it strengthened it.

Yeah, it is 2012, in which the case has been presented because of the 2012 Playoffs.
    why did you not make the same case for howard who was also injured in the 2012 playoffs?

btw, welcome to 2012
    I think he actually was strengthening it and I don't know if you even read his post.

He said he thought Dwight deserved it but, after the Bulls first rd exit this year his opinion might have changed. At least that is what I took from it after actually reading it and not jumping to conclusions.

Chicago getting bounced by Philadelphia doesn't support the notion that Rose was undeserving of the MVP award last year. What's hard to understand about why he got the award to begin with.

The Bulls going into last years' regular season were projected by the so-called "experts" to be a 4th place Eastern Conference team year after year. If that wasn't bad enough, Boozer and Noah missed a significant amount of time during the year as well, and Rose literally carried that team to 1st in the East that year. He carried them to huge heights.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    I think he actually was strengthening it and I don't know if you even read his post.

He said he thought Dwight deserved it but, after the Bulls first rd exit this year his opinion might have changed. At least that is what I took from it after actually reading it and not jumping to conclusions.
    my mistake, due to the amount of troll threads that have been locked within the last hour, i skimmed through it

sorry to the OP

why did you not make the same case for howard who was also injured in the 2012 playoffs?
    Actually I did think about that, but didn't see the Orlando Playoff games, most of them anyway. Also, I already mentioned how much Dwight meant, people questioned how much Rose meant.

I still should have brought that up though, that should be considered as well.
    Last edited by NetsPaint; 06-17-2012 at 05:37 PM.

my mistake, due to the amount of troll threads that have been locked within the last hour, i skimmed through it

sorry to the OP
    As do I.

I get that the Bulls had a great record without Rose during the year, but I think even Bulls fans admitted that they weren't going anywhere without him. In saying that, I thought for sure the Bulls would still get to the ECF. Would've been tough, but it could've been done.

Actually I did think about that, but didn't see those games, most of them anyway. Also, I already knew how much Dwight meant, people questioned how much Rose meant.

I still should have brought that up though, that should be considered as well.
    although considering dwight being injured really doesnt affect anything, just thought it was worth noting, his team lost in the first round in 2011, there really is no reason to say he would have made a big impact this year, they would have either lost in the 1st or 2nd round anyway, as his only championship run was a fluke, due to KG's injury, and was a proven fluke when they lost to the celtics the next time they faced each other with a healthy kg in the playoffs

but that is an argument for another thread, i dont want to derail this one

although considering dwight being injured really doesnt affect anything, just thought it was worth noting, his team lost in the first round in 2011, there really is no reason to say he would have made a big impact this year, they would have either lost in the 1st or 2nd round anyway, as his only championship run was a fluke, due to KG's injury, and was a proven fluke when they lost to the celtics the next time they faced each other with a healthy kg in the playoffs

but that is an argument for another thread, i dont want to derail this one
    Actually this thread is perfect for that debate.

No, why would I ignore an entire regular seasons worth of games for a regular season award?

Also the Bulls lost more than just Rose, they lost Noah, Deng was playing through injury and Philly was no ordinary 8th seed. It would be like me saying the record the Bulls had without Rose proves how deep that team was and thus Rose isnt deserving, neglecting the fact that outside of Rose they had more talent available up and down the roster than they had the prior year.

Dwight/Bron are still more deserving in my book.

Rose is overrated. The Bulls played very well without him until the playoffs; which they also lost Noah. Deng was injured for a good portion of the year as well. Rose is one of the best players in the league, but I'll never understand how he won MVP over LBJ or Howard last year. Bulls were overachieving last year, this year, they stuck with basically the same roster and got ousted in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy #1 View Post
    Rose is overrated. The Bulls played very well without him until the playoffs; which they also lost Noah. Deng was injured for a good portion of the year as well. Rose is one of the best players in the league, but I'll never understand how he won MVP over LBJ or Howard last year. Bulls were overachieving last year, this year, they stuck with basically the same roster and got ousted in the first round.
    LMAO minus their best ****ing player and last years MVP as well as a practically no Noah and an injured Deng. However sure they were the same as last year in the playoffs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast