Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Will ratings plummet if Heat win Finals?

If the Heat end up taking the series from the Thunder, what will ratings be like for next years NBA finals?

I have a feeling a lot of people watching only to watch the Heat fail. So by the Heat winning will peoples attention be turned away for not caring anymore?

Also with the Heat winning does this take a lot of fans out of the game as well? I personally could care less, but just an open discussion on how you think ratings and viewers will pan out if the Heat win.

Granted we dont know what the finals will be next year, but we all know the ratings were down majorly before the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by bosox_mattyice3 View Post
    If the Heat end up taking the series from the Thunder, what will ratings be like for next years NBA finals?

I have a feeling a lot of people watching only to watch the Heat fail. So by the Heat winning will peoples attention be turned away for not caring anymore?

Also with the Heat winning does this take a lot of fans out of the game as well? I personally could care less, but just an open discussion on how you think ratings and viewers will pan out if the Heat win.

Granted we dont know what the finals will be next year, but we all know the ratings were down majorly before the Heat.
    Honestly I would think Game 5 ratings won't be as high as the other games now because many feel the Heat will win.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

After 2 decades of watching the nba, this is one of the most rigged series I've watched.

Wade cries after every single play, its made me hate him 100x more.
    And the calls have favored miami wayyyyy too much for it to be blatantly obvious who the league wants to win.

Just like barry bonds had an asterisk next to his home run title, this miami championship will always have an asterisk next to it in the eyes of most nba fans. Lebron will still be truly ring-less until he earns it the right way.

Miami should voluntarily surrender this championship if they have any respect left in them.

Quote Originally Posted by bosox_mattyice3 View Post

this could happen. I think alot of people are tuning in to see the Heat fail. I was at a bar the other day watching the game and it was amazing how many people who really aren't huge basketball fans were cheering against the heat (in particular LeBron).

I will cancel my NBA league pass if they win. Sounds childish I know, but I pay good money for that and I don't want to give my money to the league as long as they are champs. I am entitled to that opinion. No apparel purchases, no league pass.

It's not so much that I hate LeBron (though I do), it's the whole idea of the Heat I don't like. Teaming up to take the easy way out, the decision, the pep rally that they declared themselves champions before they played a single game, their cockiness against Dallas last year (mocking Dirk when he was sick), they just rub me wrong. I also hate the fact that they really aren't that good at basketball. What I mean by that is that they can't shoot very well outside of 18 feet (I've never seen 2 superstars take more airballs), they aren't coached very well, and the pieces just don't fit. Their chemistry isn't that great, they go through stretches that they are VERY BAD in the halfcourt. In transition they are second to none, but it's not just a track meet, it's basketball. They will win this title strictly off of athletisicsm. Good for them and congrats to their fans, but that's not what I like. I'd rather see work ethic, teamwork, and the humble guy (Durant) prevail. If Miami had Boston's work ethic and coaching they would go 82-0. That's why I don't like them, they are too cocky and reliant on their athleticism to put in the work of a Boston, OKC, or San Antonio. I would have rather seen the more deserving teams win.

PSD Sim League | Phoenix Suns GM

Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    After 2 decades of watching the nba, this is one of the most rigged series I've watched.

And the calls have favored miami wayyyyy too much for it to be blatantly obvious who the league wants to win.

Just like barry bonds had an asterisk next to his home run title, this miami championship will always have an asterisk next to it in the eyes of most nba fans. Lebron will still be truly ring-less until he earns it the right way.

Miami should voluntarily surrender this championship if they have any respect left in them.
    this will only have an asterisk because to some fans because they cant accept the fact that Miami wins. Cry more..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Honestly I would think Game 5 ratings won't be as high as the other games now because many feel the Heat will win.
    Which is one of the reasons i think all the epsn analysts are saying that all the pressure is on miami and wade, and if it gets back to OKC, the thunder would be favorites in game 6 and 7.

but to the point of the thread. No, people will still watch. They will do exactly what that crybaby who said "Miami should surrender the title" is doing. They will try to say **** like "lets see if Lebron can win the right way", or they will say, "Yea Rose was out for Chicago, Dwight out for Orlando, both Green and Bradley out for Boston, Miami was handed the East. Lets see if they can win it next year."

Quote Originally Posted by zB_#85 View Post
    this could happen. I think alot of people are tuning in to see the Heat fail. I was at a bar the other day watching the game and it was amazing how many people who really aren't huge basketball fans were cheering against the heat (in particular LeBron).

I will cancel my NBA league pass if they win. Sounds childish I know, but I pay good money for that and I don't want to give my money to the league as long as they are champs. I am entitled to that opinion. No apparel purchases, no league pass.

It's not so much that I hate LeBron (though I do), it's the whole idea of the Heat I don't like. Teaming up to take the easy way out, the decision, the pep rally that they declared themselves champions before they played a single game, their cockiness against Dallas last year (mocking Dirk when he was sick), they just rub me wrong. I also hate the fact that they really aren't that good at basketball. What I mean by that is that they can't shoot very well outside of 18 feet (I've never seen 2 superstars take more airballs), they aren't coached very well, and the pieces just don't fit. Their chemistry isn't that great, they go through stretches that they are VERY BAD in the halfcourt. In transition they are second to none, but it's not just a track meet, it's basketball. They will win this title strictly off of athletisicsm. Good for them and congrats to their fans, but that's not what I like. I'd rather see work ethic, teamwork, and the humble guy (Durant) prevail. If Miami had Boston's work ethic and coaching they would go 82-0. That's why I don't like them, they are too cocky and reliant on their athleticism to put in the work of a Boston, OKC, or San Antonio. I would have rather seen the more deserving teams win.
    NO ONE...and I mean NO ONE... worked harder than lebron and the HEAT since last year finals. Lebron was in the gym working on post moves hour after hour, day after day. You wanna talk about Cocky? Go watch Russ Westbrook and Serge Ibaka...

You can try to rationalize your hatred all you want... but Miami HAS played extremely intelligent TEAM basketball on both ends of the court. And if you see differently, I would encourage you to let go of your anger bc you are missing some very special basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post

Wait.... what??? DERP DERP DERP...Uh NO!

No they will keep watching to see if the Heat will lose next year.
    He Mad.

Euro Cup > NBA Finals.

Yeah i think so.. A lot of non regular fans are lebron haters so i think its a safe bet

Not a Heat fan but i kinda of hope they win...so next when the Bulls knock them off it be all the more sweeter!!!

anyways... people may stop watching... and that is their perogative... but it really speaks to how pathetic some peoples lives are.

There are three reasons to tune in to the Finals:
    1. You are a HEAT fan
    2. You are a Thunder fan
    3. You are a fan of basketball

If any of those apply to you, then you will still watch game 5. If those don't apply and you are only watching b/c it makes your life feel better when the HEAT fail at something... GROW UP and dont let the door hit you on your way out.

Those are the true bandwagoners. For every 1 person that became a new HEAT fan b/c of the decision there are 4 more than jumped on the hate Lebron bandwagon. Funny how we never talk about THAT bandwagon...

[QUOTE=ackar;22589136]Not a Heat fan but i kinda of hope they win...so next when the Bulls knock them off it be all the more sweeter!!![/QUOTE

Its going to be another your for Rose to come back healthy, so its going to be awhile.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast