Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rebuilding from scratch is not good option. You'll never get back to being contenders that way. In an ideal scenario you can rebuild gradually in this and the next offseason.

Currently the main problem is Paul Pierce declining. No one is going to take his massive contract and give you something worthy in return. Painful as it is, you have to dump Allen this year and use cap space to sing a marquee player, let's say Gordon. Then next year, when Pierce's contract is up you can sign another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I bet KG retires...
    https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/st...65895267893248

The main reason I want KG back is to mentor the youth already here and the one's about to be drafted... He did wonders for Baby and Perk...

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...t-move-for-kg/

^^ I agree that if KG wants to play another year it will be in Boston... He has nothing else to prove... He will eventually give coaching a try I bet... Who best to work under than Doc???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Green's situation will be interesting... Assuming he signs back with the C's, this upcoming season will be a huge assessment for a possible Pierce replacement... The 2 yrs he was a primary starter on OKC he avg 16 and 6...

I bet Pierce gets dangled again, but I cannot see how any lottery team would give up potential star quality for a potential retiree...

Gay, JSmith, Deng, Kmart+Scola, Gasol or Iggy, in my eyes could all land a lottery pick because of their age and skill... Nothing against the Truth, but the TRUTH is he is past his prime... The players mentioned except for maybe Gasol have gas left in the tank to help a franchise on the rise...
    Last edited by Forever35; 06-10-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

well we have many free agents who we could and should resign (KG, Green, Wilcox, Pietrus)
    let the rest walk if they wont take the minimum. (daniels, dooling)
    hope that bass pick up his option
    get a good center via FA/sign and trade/trade (kaman, hibbert, al jefferson)

rondo - west/dooling/draft
    bradley - pietrus
    pierce - green
    bass - KG - JJJ
    Center - Wilcox - stiemsma

looks pretty decent to me and not unrealistic

To me, this isn't about this year, it's building for the re-stock.

Re-sign Garnett and Ray on one year deals, Green on a 3 year deal. Bass is most likely going to opt in.

We'll draft guys like Taylor and Nicholson in the draft as well.

Now, the key is to avoid signing a bigman on a long term deal. Pierce will most likely retire with KG and Ray, and we will have between $37M - $40M in cap space for a far better FA class.

That's enough to sign Josh Smith and Al Jefferson on max-deals. And then use that $9M to get role players, like Tony Allen back.

Rondo, Bradley/Allen, Green, Smith, Jefferson

Such a fast and good lineup

Rondo and AB become the new foundation... Should definitely be a more uptempo team... Green is key if he's 100%...

Reggie Lewis

this series showed me we don't really need a dominant wing scorer to succeed. Pierce and Ray were mostly ****. Rondo's the best #2 in the league, his passing ability is the best in the league hands down. I think pairing Rondo up with a big man scorer is the best option. Imagine if we keep KG and trade Pierce and/or picks for Al Jeff? Bring in a shooter at the 3. Rondo/Bradley/(TBD)/KG/Al Jeff is argubaly a better team, plus there's still cap space.
    Last edited by Sportfan; 06-10-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan6197 View Post
    this series showed me we don't really need a dominant wing scorer to succeed. Pierce and Ray were mostly ****. Rondo's the best #2 in the league, his passing ability is the best in the league hands down. I think pairing Rondo up with a big man scorer is the best option. Imagine if we keep KG and trade Pierce and/or picks for Al Jeff? Bring in a shooter at the 3. Rondo/Bradley/(TBD)/KG/Al Jeff is argubaly a better team, plus there's still cap space.
    yeah I like that idea of trading for big al.

I want D. Cousins.

I posted this in the warriors forum, as I thought this would be a good deal for both teams. Most of them seemed to like the deal. What do you guys think?:

Boston trades: Paul Pierce
    Boston acquires: Richard Jefferson, Andris Biedrins, #7, and #30

You guys could package pick #7 and pick #21 for #5 and take Bradley Beal

Use 22 to draft a guy like Fab Melo, and 30 to draft a guy like Draymond Green

Bring back Garnett on a 2 year deal for veteran leadership

Sign a guy like Leandro Barbosa to backup Beal, and replace Allen

PG: Rondo/Bradley/Dooling
    SG: Beal/Barbosa/Daniels
    SF: Jefferson/Pietrus/Green
    PF: Garnett/Bass/Johnson
    C: Biedrins/Melo/Stiemsma

That's a pretty good lineup, and you end up with a great prospect in Beal.

It's going to be hard to trade Pierce with his sub par playoffs this year. Teams will be concerned with whether it was really his sprained knee bothering him, or just Pierce declining with age.

I say trade or amnesty Pierce. Let Ray walk. Sign KG.

Stickied

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan6197 View Post
    I beg to differ, When our offense went stagnent for stretches a dominant wing scorer is exactly what we needed

What ever happened to Haseem Thabeet??

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    I beg to differ, When our offense went stagnent for stretches a dominant wing scorer is exactly what we needed
    and yet we almost got away with a series win. just add in a post scorer and we win. size wins.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast