178 Runs (#1 in All of MLB)

.257 Batting Average (10th in MLB)

.307 OBP% (18th in MLB)

.417 SLG% (5th in MLB)

43 HR (#1 in all of MLB)

70 Doubles (#1 in all of MLB)

[*Statistics as of 6/7/12]
    http://seattlesportsinsider.com/post...r-disadvantage

Uh, wow... I mean, wowie wow wow. On the one hand, awesome, on the other, not good. Any theories?

We've been playing on the road a lot lately, when a lot of those good stats were accumulated... might just be the timing of the team warming up.... I hope. I'd love to see that kind of production at Safeco! Oh yeah, and wow....!

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

wow just wow

its been lovely to watch lately....u get the feel if we are down 2 or 3 we can come back, and the team looks like they have that confidence too.

We are young and it shows, i think it is mental and we press a little much at home so bringing up our offensive stats at home is the next step in our growth.

I didnt catch much the last 2 games but Smoak went hitless, i was actually gaining confidence in him, he was getting in hitters counts, taking walks and killing mistakes.

I saw the end of our last game vs Angels (one of the best wins of the year), smoak (with Olivo) were the only ones not to get a hit but during the handshakes he was very upbeat, supportive of his teammates, sometimes young guys can get poopy pants when they are not the ones shinning, anyways I really like everything I see in him from an intangible stand point.

It has struck me, Smoak must've watched ALOT of Chipper Jones growing up, their batting stance, and manerisms are almost identical....Surprised i havent heard that before and took me as long to see lol, great guy to model yourself after.

I don't know if this will really help any because of the air but i suggest we bring in the fences a little bit i think it will help with some of there confidence.

We saw Wells crush a ball and Montero a couple of times to dead center and they should have been gone.

The Met's did it and David Wright has been hitting the cover off the ball.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 06-08-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    its been lovely to watch lately....u get the feel if we are down 2 or 3 we can come back, and the team looks like they have that confidence too.

We are young and it shows, i think it is mental and we press a little much at home so bringing up our offensive stats at home is the next step in our growth.

I didnt catch much the last 2 games but Smoak went hitless, i was actually gaining confidence in him, he was getting in hitters counts, taking walks and killing mistakes.

I saw the end of our last game vs Angels (one of the best wins of the year), smoak (with Olivo) were the only ones not to get a hit but during the handshakes he was very upbeat, supportive of his teammates, sometimes young guys can get poopy pants when they are not the ones shinning, anyways I really like everything I see in him from an intangible stand point.

It has struck me, Smoak must've watched ALOT of Chipper Jones growing up, their batting stance, and manerisms are almost identical....Surprised i havent heard that before and took me as long to see lol, great guy to model yourself after.
    It's funny you say that about Chipper because that's what Langerhans said that Smoak reminds him of Chipper.

You could have listed the most obscure split stat scenarios out there and I would have never guessed the M's would be near the top in hr for any of them, but on the road #1 in hr and 2b? Shocking.

...and this is despite Olivo playing every day and Ryan being one of the worst hitters of all time so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    It's funny you say that about Chipper because that's what Langerhans said that Smoak reminds him of Chipper.
    I miss Langerhans.

Smoak grew up right by Georgia and the Braves were probably the second most popular team of the 90's so it would make perfect sense he saw plenty of Chipper.

I do NOT miss Langerhans.

In other news, move in the damn fence at the Safe please.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

Don't worry about the fences, just change nature. Much easier.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Don't worry about the fences, just change nature. Much easier.
    Lol or convert Safeco into a Dome the ball seemed to travel farther inside i am only kidding i like the feel of being outside more then being inside for a baseball game.

A-rod says to play all home games with the roof closed.

Nice post Brodie... the difference in those numbers... how much can you attribute it to safeco?

Quote Originally Posted by Punkindrublic03 View Post
    Nice post Brodie... the difference in those numbers... how much can you attribute it to safeco?
    Would have to compare it to how other teams are playing here vs at their home.