Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which All-Time Conference would win a best of seven?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • West

33 64.71%
  • East

14 27.45%
  • Too close to call.

4 7.84%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who Wins? All-Time Western Conference team, or the All-Time Eastern Conference team?

Which conference would win? For players/coaches who split time in both conferences, they are assigned to the conference where they played the bulk of their career. Which all-time conference takes a best of seven? Assume that all players are at their given peaks.

Western Conference:

Eastern Conference:
    Last edited by Bruno; 06-03-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Lol Durant over Baylor already smh West wins this though!

lol durant starting...close this
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

The west takes it.

They have to much size for the east.

The bigs for the West are huge...probably the difference maker. Hakeem is your 4th center? Wow. Malone your 4th PF. I mean, depth like that wouldn't matter in an actual game...but still.

The wings for the East are considerably better IMO...but the West have some great PGs. I think the West would win.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    Which conference would win? For players/coaches who split time in both conferences, they are assigned to the conference where they played the bulk of their career. Which all-time conference takes a best of seven? Assume that all players are at their given peaks.

Western Conference:
    PG: Magic Johnson/John Stockton/Jason Kidd
    SG: Kobe Bryant/Jerry West
    SF: Kevin Durant/Elgin Baylor
    PF: Tim Duncan/Kevin Garnett/Dirk Nowitzki/Karl Malone
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar/Wilt Chamberlain/Shaquille O'neal/Hakeem Olojuwon

Just missed the cut: (Steve Nash, David Robinson, Manu Ginobli).

Coach: Phil Jackson

Eastern Conference:

PG: Oscar Robertson/Issiah Thomas/Walt Frazier
    SG: Michael Jordan/Julius Erving/Dwyane Wade
    SF: Larry Bird/LeBron James/Scottie Pippen
    PF: Charles Barkley/Kevin McHale/Elvin Hayes
    C: Bill Russell/Moses Malone/Patrick Ewing

Just missed the cut: (Bob Pettit, Paul Pierce, John Havlicek).

Coach: Red Auerbach
    If Duncan can start at PF I would say for the East Moses Malone could start at PF as well.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Lol Durant over Baylor already smh West wins this though!
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    lol durant starting...close this
    Durant is by far the more efficient scorer:
    Baylor: .494
    Durant: .582

His peak win-share already surpasses Baylors peak single season win-share. The west needed floor spacing, and Baylor played in an era that pre-dated the three-point line; thus, he never needed to develop the three point shot. Durant spreads the floor, and has already produced on a level equal to Baylors peak. They're also tied in Championships, regular season MVPs, and all-star game MVPs. I bet neither of you have watched more than 2-3 minutes of Elgin Baylor footage in your lives. Reread the part of the paragraph where it says to assume that all players are in their physical primes.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    If Duncan can start at PF I would say for the East Moses Malone could start at PF as well.
    Did Moses ever play PF? I never got to watch him live.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    The bigs for the West are huge...probably the difference maker. Hakeem is your 4th center? Wow. Malone your 4th PF. I mean, depth like that wouldn't matter in an actual game...but still.

The wings for the East are considerably better IMO...but the West have some great PGs. I think the West would win.
    That's what i was thinking too but the four of them are fighting over 48 minutes. So the wests center advantage wouldn't really have as big of an impact. I think its a lot more interesting of a debate when you cancel out some of the wests strength at the center and PF. it'd probably be cooler to break this up by division. all time

magic johnson and kobe would be a deadly combination. the bigs for the team are huge.

Karl Malone should be atleast the 6th man. Plus Willis Reed should be there, and to be honest, Lebron should be starting over Larry Bird, despite Championships won
    http://www.nba.com/media/video/jabbar_200_070423.jpg the one that got away (For the Knicks)
    Last edited by MJ-BULLS; 06-02-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: cant post images. its against the site rules

Quote Originally Posted by starvingknick View Post
    Karl Malone should be atleast the 6th man. Plus Willis Reed should be there, and to be honest, Lebron should be starting over Larry Bird, despite Championships won
    the one that got away (For the Knicks)
    I dono about Karl at 6th man I'd have him behind KG on the PF rotation alone.

I kind of agree about LeBron. but if people are already *****ing about Durant over Baylor then imagine the ****-storm that would come my way if I put LeBron over Bird.

I would start Durant too, not because hes proven to be greater but because of team fit. Though I would rather start Magic/West/Kobe.

With the east I would consider starting Moses ahead of Chuck. Moses would MURDER Kareem so it would be one of the matchups I would try to exploit.

I like the way the West could potentially mesh but Russ and MJ would be crazy defensively. Other than that what do you think would be the matchups? Would MJ defend Kobe, would Big O defend Durant or Magic? I would think you would try to hide Bird on Magic and vice versa since neither was terrific on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ-BULLS View Post
    magic johnson and kobe would be a deadly combination. the bigs for the team are huge.
    i know. prime Magic-Kobe-Durant on the fast break? throw it into Duncan and KAJ for the half-court.

east is pretty awesome too though. I think it'd six at least, i should have broken up the poll into games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I would start Durant too, not because hes proven to be greater but because of team fit. Though I would rather start Magic/West/Kobe.
    that'd be great too. although you couldn't do it if you start LBJ at the three in the east. West couldn't guard MJ or LeBron, and O has too much in the back-pocket for him. i guess it wouldn't be a huge mis-match.

With the east I would consider starting Moses ahead of Chuck. Moses would MURDER Kareem so it would be one of the matchups I would try to exploit.
    are you basing that off their match-ups against each other head to head? side question- do you think KAJ is generally overrated?

I like the way the West could potentially mesh but Russ and MJ would be crazy defensively. Other than that what do you think would be the matchups? Would MJ defend Kobe, would Big O defend Durant or Magic? I would think you would try to hide Bird on Magic and vice versa since neither was terrific on the ball.
    I think MJ and Kobe would guard each other, advantage east.
    I think LeBron would guard Magic
    I think I'd put Durants length on O, but O can't guard Durant.

the wing who isn't being guarded by LeBron or Jordan would tear it up for the west. west can't really match up with lbj or jordan.

east takes the wings in match-up, but i think the west takes it in the post. duncan and Shaq dominate.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast