Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

McCoy up, Thames down...

Trimming the fat one demotion at a time. I wonder when Snider is going to be ready?

I assume they called up McCoy because he can play the middle IF with Yunel and Kelly having injuries. When they're both good to go I'd expect McCoy to be sent down in favour of Snider.

The Thames demotion was overdue but why Mike "air miles" McCoy?

Well i cant say i didnt see this coming eventually.
    Do The Twirk

Why not Hech? If Escobar or Johnson is going to miss some time, is that not the perfect opportunity to get a look at the young defensive phenom who just happens to be hot at the plate right now too? It would be nice to see him playing with Omar Visquel for a little while to learn from him.

They just want Hech to have more time in AAA I Guess. I don't know... this is sort of weird. All the demotions and call ups.

I mean this isn't surprising Thames is playing like crap and Snider is injured so it makes sense but McCoy? For depth at the 2nd base position I guess or SS.

Who plays LF now with Francisco hurt and Gomes in AAA?

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Why not Hech?
    With Thames going down, they only have 3 OF now (Davis, Rasmus, Bats). McCoy can play OF and IF so it makes sense he got the call. They probably also don't want to rush Hech, he's hitting well in Vegas but that's Vegas and doesn't mean he's ready for the majors yet.

Thames needs to work on his skills down in Vegas. Hopefully he can come back later this year a better player.

I would not be surprised to see Johnson get a game or two in left field if needed, as he played their a bit in Atlanta
    Last edited by Farsight; 05-29-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Good call giving him the job out of ST Anthopolous. Brilliant stuff.

All right, welll I was one of the very few Thames supporters in the pre season, and I am not afraid to admit I was 100% wrong about him!!

It's about time Thames goes down. Hopefully McCoy doesn't stick around too long. But he's a decent call up, has good D and can play all over the field.

Yea, the fact they called up McCoy makes it seem that this will be a short-term solution and that Snider will be up as soon as he starts hitting like he did pre-injury.

No point in yo-yo ing Hech or Sierra when you need short term depth at both middle IF and OF.

Oh dear god !!! Its happened !!

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast