Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Odom wants to play for the Knicks if waived

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T76DotX0g9U

Good luck, New York.

If Dallas can't get rid of Odom in a trade, it will likely waive him and be responsible for paying Odom his guaranteed money. That's something Dallas would obviously rather avoid.

If the Mavericks are forced to waive Odom, he would become a free agent. In that scenario, the Queens native would likely be looking at a significant pay cut from the $8.2 he was scheduled to make this season.
    Would he be interested in coming to New York at a discounted rate?

A source with knowledge of Odom's thinking says yes. The source says the Knicks would be "on the top of his list" if Odom became a free agent.

Definitely doesn't hurt to bring a vet in. Could possibly have him play PF off the bench behind Amare or something I wouldn't mind it at all as long as it's cheap

what up saddlerrrrrrrrrrr

ide def take odom on the vet minimum if he is motivated and happy to be on my team.

hell no, keep him away(knicks are my second favorite team) Dont want his emotional *** and all his drama playing for knicks. We need guards more than big men.

that'll change real fast when he realizes he can only get the veteran minimum from them

i dont see how a sign and trade could work either unless the knicks are gonna give up shumpert or something like that

I think he also has that show in New York with his wife Khloe Kardajian

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyHillSwag View Post
    hell no, keep him away(knicks are my second favorite team) Dont want his emotional *** and all his drama playing for knicks. We need guards more than big men.
    i agree with this

his crack head father lives in ny so putting odom closer isnt a recipe for success considering odom himself is an emotional nut

odom would be nice off the bench for the knicks. maybe he can get back to his 6th man of the year ways.. he would be a better option then jr smith for that role imo.

Quote Originally Posted by knicks4life33 View Post
    what up saddlerrrrrrrrrrr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=941RY6BVd2Q

if he's gonna bring his A-game im all for it...and by the way, if he gets waived dallas is on the hook for his 8.2 million he's owed,if you read the article...it's reasonable to think he would take the vets minimum to play somewhere he would be comfortable that would have a chance to make noise in the playoffs...the knicks season next year depends on this union grievance about the bird rights of players picked up off waivers...if it doesnt go the players way, the knicks are in big trouble next year, if it does the league is in big trouble...if the knicks can convince nash to come for the mid level exception, and convince odom to come for cheap while keeping lin and novak (and landry fields) with the bird rights, the knicks will be a lot better next year...im not a huge JR Smith fan but if he picked up his option i wouldnt be mad at that either ... i would also hope they bring back Jeffries for the vets minimum...this is a stacked roster

Nash/Lin
    Shumpert/JR/Landry Fields
    Melo/Novak
    Amare/Odom
    Chandler, Jeffries, Harrelson

It's funny, I seen him in Jamaica Queens a couple of Weeks ago!

Like a few have pointed here, I don't want Odom here. How would he handle a losing streak in NY with it's vulture Media and emotional fans? Potential family issues (father)

Now here is a fact as to why he isn't gonna be a Knick: Vet Min is his max pay. He is better off being a Laker or going to Miami for that price.

I see why people say fans are idiots.

1st: He WANTS to play here. He did not like being traded from LA. Big difference.

2nd: He's an emotional nut? I'd like to see the reaction of you all when a close cousin gets murdered followed by a car accident where you witness a child get killed then get traded after management looks at you and says "Welcome back Lamar".

He already said he was considering retiring for awhile. He obviously had alot going in this season and It's unfair to label him into some crazy guy over it.

Long as he's in shape and focused, he will return to form in NY or elsewhere.

why is it such a closed case that he wont take vets minimum to come home when hes already gonna be getting 8 million next year from dallas if he's waived?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast