Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17

    I wanted Shiancoe - just look at his stats??

    So I did a quick comparison for everyone to confirm what I thought. Shiancoe at 32 is on a downhill slide and Winslow is entering his peek.

    Shiancoe (09 season - Age 29) 56 Rec., 566 yds, 10.1 avg., and 11 TD's -- (10 season - Age 30) 47 Rec., 530 yds, 11.3 avg., and 2 TD's -- (11 season - Age 31) 36 Rec., 409 yds., 11.4 avg., 3 TD's

    Shiancoe has dropped off in production every year three years straight and is now age 32. He has lost his speed.

    Winslow (09 season - Age 24) 77 Rec., 884 yds., 11.5 avg., 5 TD's -- (10 season - Age 25) 66 Rec., 730 yds., 11.1 avg., 5 TD's -- (11 season - Age 26) 75 Rec., 763 yds., 10.2 avg., 2 TD's and the teams leading reciever which says a lot about the state of the team he was playing on.

    Winslow is a stud and he will have to be respected and covered which means everyone else gets less coverage and less pressure on the QB and line. I agree the Seahawks have made a great offensive move! Winslow was/is a #1 pick from the draft entering his prime as a big quality recieving target for a 6th round pick?

    WOW!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shoreline
    Posts
    825
    I love the move. Little risk, high reward. If he comes in and is a jack@$$, he won't make the team and we will move on. But if he gets it and gels with this team, he could bring a lot to the TE position!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    Love this move. Can never have too many TE's. Look at New England. Winslow is a stud and I am sure will be happy playing for the 12th man and our coaches.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    Quote Originally Posted by clubznorthwest View Post
    So I did a quick comparison for everyone to confirm what I thought. Shiancoe at 32 is on a downhill slide and Winslow is entering his peek.

    Shiancoe (09 season - Age 29) 56 Rec., 566 yds, 10.1 avg., and 11 TD's -- (10 season - Age 30) 47 Rec., 530 yds, 11.3 avg., and 2 TD's -- (11 season - Age 31) 36 Rec., 409 yds., 11.4 avg., 3 TD's

    Shiancoe has dropped off in production every year three years straight and is now age 32. He has lost his speed.

    Winslow (09 season - Age 24) 77 Rec., 884 yds., 11.5 avg., 5 TD's -- (10 season - Age 25) 66 Rec., 730 yds., 11.1 avg., 5 TD's -- (11 season - Age 26) 75 Rec., 763 yds., 10.2 avg., 2 TD's and the teams leading reciever which says a lot about the state of the team he was playing on.

    Winslow is a stud and he will have to be respected and covered which means everyone else gets less coverage and less pressure on the QB and line. I agree the Seahawks have made a great offensive move! Winslow was/is a #1 pick from the draft entering his prime as a big quality recieving target for a 6th round pick?

    WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Great post. Welcome to the forum new guy. Like you already lol.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    16,344
    great move. you guys have a juggernaut in your division, but i think you will do well this



    our future

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Cristóbal de los Ángeles
    Posts
    4,927
    A soldier? This clown wouldn't make it out of day 1 of boot camp.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Farmington Arkansas
    Posts
    12,154
    dudes a warrior who shows up every game.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    20,335
    Quote Originally Posted by The Final Boss View Post
    A soldier? This clown wouldn't make it out of day 1 of boot camp.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    29,994
    This is such an awesome move. If Flynn realizes how insanely talented our two TE's are, we are going to see some big things this year. Rice, BMW, Baldwin, Miller, Winslow, Lynch... God damn. Just stay healthy.
    Last edited by Baller1; 05-23-2012 at 02:30 AM.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19,223
    Quote Originally Posted by The Final Boss View Post
    A soldier? This clown wouldn't make it out of day 1 of boot camp.
    I don't get what was so wrong about it the media blew it way out of proportion he wasn't trying to disrepect the Army at all kind of reminds me of Lynch and how his off the field issues got blown up as well which turned out to be nothing.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lukass' closet
    Posts
    6,012
    Lions fan here and I love how this team is turning out. Great. Weapon for Flynn/Wilson
    keep onn keepin on!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17

    drew_ellis_23 - THANKS!!

    Thanks for the nice compliment. It looks like you have done this a time or two, so I really appreciate the feedback! Go Hawks!!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    great move. you guys have a juggernaut in your division, but i think you will do well this
    We are the juggernaut my friend If Flynn is half the QB I think he is going to be then we are going to be the blow up team that SF was last year. Time to pre-order my Winslow jersey LOL. So stoked to have this kid. With the weapons we have around him he should have a great year. Look at where he has been. Crappy teams with bad QB's and no talent. We have talent around him, hopefully we now have the QB too.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    Quote Originally Posted by clubznorthwest View Post
    Thanks for the nice compliment. It looks like you have done this a time or two, so I really appreciate the feedback! Go Hawks!!
    No prob man. Keep it up.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    8,535
    Kellen Winslow as the numbers look good has some major issues.

    1. He does not do OTA's, his knees need special training during the offseason.

    2. He lacks the leg strength to create separation therefore he gets called for pass interference quite frequently.

    3. He will get in the QB's face if he does not get the ball. Freeman threw 5 interceptions while targeting Winslow last year. Winslow was not in the right position on any of those plays.

    As this was a great deal for you guys, I give those warnings, that Winslow unfortunately is not the Winslow of his days with the Browns. He doesn't have much left in the tank. Then again you guys didn't give much risk to this deal. Hope he works out for you guys.

    Rep Power: Earned His Stripes

    >Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •