Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    I like Delonte's game, not sure how much he has left in the tank. We will need a new back up PG for sure.

Regarding the Carmelo sweepstakes....

I've heard people (maybe just Chicago fans) claim that they can sign and trade for Melo without giving up Butler or Gibson because they have "leverage". While they might.... would New York really be thrilled with getting Boozer's expiring contract + Mirotic + late pick? I'm not totally sure what package they had in mind but I don't see why the knicks would be interested in gift-wrapping a superstar to Chicago and immediately making them an east powerhouse.

What I'm getting at is, if Carmelo actually has any leverage, could he hypothetically force his way to the clippers? A multi-team trade where we send out Collison (S&T) + Redick + Dudley/Barnes/Crawford + picks etc...

I'm not saying that's a fair trade whatsoever, but there's more than one team Melo could force his way to, right?

I don't know. It's the offseason and I'm having wet dreams about a starting 5 with Paul/Melo/Blake/DJ. I'm not to keen on Paul Pierce being the big free agent signing this summer.

^ I think you'll hear us heavily rumored to be after Melo. I can't see it happening tho. I don't think we can S&T for him since we are over the cap. I also think NY will get a better offer than we could put together without DJ and there is no way I'd give up DJ for him.

I'd really hate to give up a great off ball player/shooter like Redick for an Iso player like Melo
    TWINSIES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    I'd really hate to give up a great off ball player/shooter like Redick for an Iso player like Melo
    Watch Carmelo's team USA highlights.

I'd want to keep JJ if we get Melo. I think Melo could be the missing link we need. Neither Paul nor Griffin loves taking over a game. CP3 does it sometimes but he would be much better with a true closer. Like or hate him, Melo is a closer. He's never really been on a team like this either. Getting him is a total pipe dream. I'm not even sure it's possible.

Dan Woike: #Clippers giving strong consideration to trading their pick (28), w/ an eye on upgrading athleticism on the wing.

Dan Woike: Gerald Henderson, Iman Shumpert are among the names the Clippers have discussed.

Dan Woike: Per @Jeff Goodman, Clippers also talked to NOLA about Ryan Anderson, but LAC was told he wasn't available.
    TWINSIES!!

Apparently Tony Allen and Gerald Green have also been discussed. Not sure why we keep loading up on decent wing players.

Broderick Tuner: Clips looking to deal first-round draft pick and Matt Barnes, looking at Iman Shumpert, Tony Allen, Gerald Green.
    TWINSIES!!

Free-agent center Spencer Hawes, who has three-point range, is interested in playing for the Clippers. But he made $6.5 million last season in Cleveland and may have to take a pay cut to join the Clippers. Los Angeles Times
    TWINSIES!!

Dan Woike: Early FA watchlist for #Clippers -- LeBron, Melo, Paul Pierce, Trevor Ariza, Darren Collison and Glen "Big Baby" Davis among others Twitter @DanWoikeSports
    TWINSIES!!

Really like the Hawes signing! I thought we filled one of our biggest needs and got a great value.

I hope we can make another move for a SF. I'd like too see Deng brought in. Not sure how possible that is tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI!:28738467
    I hope we can make another move for a SF. I'd like too see Deng brought in. Not sure how possible that is tho.
    Yeah I would love that as well. Highly doubtful at this point but if we cannot get Deng I'd be OK with Aminu coming back if we can get him for dirt cheap.
    TWINSIES!!

Doc: Blake down.......Davis down......(hold head) says "what to do?"

Phone Rings:

Ainge: "I can help you"......(in a exciting creepy voice)

Doc: "How?"

Ainge: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=me9577m (also tries to squeeze out a future 2nd from LAC)

Ainge: "But Jordan has to agree to an extension first."

Doc: "Sounds good."

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930