5 41.67%
  • 3 - Same old Cubs

6 50.00%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Southside (18-21) @ Northside (15-23) 5/18-5/20

VS

Game 1 Friday, May 18, 1:20 PM CT

VS
    Phillip Humber (1-2, 5.77 ERA) .... Jeff Samardzija (4-1, 2.89 ERA)
    Humber has made one career start at Wrigley Field and that resulted in a 1-0 victory over the Cubs last July 2, after Humber threw seven scoreless frames. He bounced back on Sunday to give up just one run in 6 2/3 to the Royals.
    Samardzija was pulled after throwing 91 pitches over five innings in his last start against the Brewers. Obviously, he'd like to go deeper in games, and the Cubs would, too. He was effective mixing up his pitches, and needs to continue that.

Game 2 Saturday, May 19, 6:15 PM CT

vs
    John Danks (2-4, 6.46 ERA) .... Ryan Dempster (0-1, 1.74 ERA)
    Danks had another tough outing amidst a rough season. He allowed five runs on nine hits in three-plus innings, while walking three. He has two strikeouts and seven walks in his past three games.
    Dempster gave up four runs in a six-inning stint on Monday. Dempster surrendered all the runs in the sixth after giving up just four runs over his first 25 1/3 innings of the season. The Cubs won for the first time in Dempster's six starts.

Game 3 Sunday, May 20, 1:20 PM CT

VS
    Jake Peavy (4-1, 2.65 ERA) ...... Paul Maholm (4-2, 4.35 ERA)
    The right-hander allowed season highs with nine hits and two home runs during Detroit's 10-8 win on Tuesday. Peavy also had a streak of eight consecutive quality starts snapped, dating back to Sept. 6, 2011.
    Maholm yielded four runs in six innings at St. Louis on Tuesday. He allowed three runs over the first two innings but settled down to give up just one run on three hits in his final four frames.

More Stats

Brent Morel Sucks

Tough pitching matchup. I'd be happy with 2

Danks scares the begeezers out of me now. Humber had a ton of emotions affecting him but I think he's got it under control now. Peavy will/should dominate. I'll say we grab 2 of 3.

Hey Pro, glad you took the high road and made a classy IGT without throwing any trash in there about the cubs. Way to go !!! Can't say the same in the cub forum. SOX rule !

Well we won't get to beat in Kerry Wood's brains. He is retiring today.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Well we won't get to beat in Kerry Wood's brains. He is retiring today.
    Wow! Remember fellas dont feed any trolls just ignore and report any posts. Go Sox!

I just meant that he has been terrible this season. No trolling here. Just wrote a nice message in the Cubs forum. This season, this series just doesn't mean as much as it has in the past.

The Score just said that Wood still might pitch today. Good news for the Sox.

Is wood hurt or just bad right now? I guess just bad due to past injuries seeing as he wants to pitch.

Peavy is going to shine but so far this year I lost faith in Danks so I say cubs win that one. Today's game should be a good pitching duel but think Humber will be just a tad better. Humber had a lot of distractions recently - lost his father, perfect game attention, wife gave birth to first child ..... so he's just now settling back down from the emotional rollercoaster.

We will lose today, but take the next 2. Dempster is bound to come back to earth and has to remember he is still Ryan Dempster. And despite being a soft tossing lefty, Maholm will get shelled.

All we got to do is jump on their starters early. See a lot of pitches and get pitch counts up, their bullpen is crap and we should be able to do some damage to them.

U.S. Cellular Field, where dumb baseball thoughts are embraced.

DeAza cf
    Beckham 2b
    Dunn lf
    Konerko 1b
    Rios rf
    Pierzynski c
    Ramirez ss
    Morel 3b

Almost expected Viciedo to play 3B to keep his bat in the lineup.

2 Teams... 1 Cup!! (I mean BP Cup)

U.S. Cellular Field, where dumb baseball thoughts are embraced.

very classy thread for the Cubs forum

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast