Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Deron Williams overrated or underrated?

He shot .407 this season and .349 last season.

I'm not sure about him...sometimes I watch him and he seems like one of the best players on the planet.

The nets suck. Surround him with better players and he'd be a borderline top 5 player.

To answer the question though, he's a bit of both.

Hands down underrated...when he was on the jazz arguably the best point in the league..but gets traded to the bum azz nets now folks forgetting bout him like hes a thing in the past smh

Underrated earlier in his career even though he was playing great. Don't know the consensus on on him now, but I'd lean towards overrated. Not the same player he was in Utah.
    PSD's Nick Naylor

PSD's Longest-tenured HEAT fan

Just in: 40K posts in 2 years, all facepalms and baiting. Get a life you loser.

R.I.P. Clara

[IMG]http://oi39.tinypic.com/e98dok.jpg[/IMG/]

Overrated.

At the moment he's overrated, especially when people compare him to Chris Paul. Hes been in a two year shooting slump dating back to before he was traded, and has always had high turnover numbers.

That said i would do backflips if my team had him.Top 14-20 player imo.

He had a season high of 57pts and had a 20ast game,If he had Dwight to play with,he would be talked about more as the best pg in the league,remember how good he made Carlos Boozer looked when he was in Utah.
    Last edited by D12 fan; 05-05-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Personally, I believe he is one of the most underrated players in the game. I put him as a top 3 or top 5 PG.

He is behind CP3 and Rose then I think he deserves to be in the conversation. The thing with him is he plays a grittier less offensive minded game so I think people tend to underrate him and players like him.

As a Nets fan I believe he is underrated. To see what he can do with the squad he had around him all year long was incredible. The 57 points game was amazing even though it was against the Bobcats, it is still hard to drop 57 against any NBA team. I would like to see him pared up Howard and see how this unfolds.

I believe he is easily underrated, I'd probably only take Paul over him. Once he gets another elite player he's going to explode IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    He shot .407 this season and .349 last season.

I'm not sure about him...sometimes I watch him and he seems like one of the best players on the planet.
    Super misleading stat. That was just in his 12 games with the Nets. He shot .458 in 53 games with Utah.

I think there are a few who underrate him (I couldn't believe how many thought he wasn't All Star worthy this year) but overall he's generally considered in the top handful of PGs, which is about right.

Both. I remember people saying that he was way better than Chris Paul which is laughable at best. Now he might be underrated since he has been playing on a scrubbish team.
    He Mad.

whenver you do suck a question it most probably means he is correctly rated.
    ]

Deron Williams is a one of the top point guards in the NBA. He has failed so far to elevate an average bunch of players to playoff contenders. To me that is one of the measures that defines a superstar. He will certainly command superstar money when he signs his new contract after the season.

he should get the same flack Kevin Love gets for not being able to get more wins out of his squad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast