Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bidding farewell to those who are retiring

Ben Wallace and Brad Miller are confirmed to be retiring this season. 2 of the hardest working bigmen of our generation and both went undrafted. They are true success stories the likes of which we may never see again. Miller with his deft passing/shooting touch, Ben with his relentless work ethic and defensive dominance. Here is a brief snapshot at the road Ben traveled.

Ben Wallace: His story begins at training camp in Boston, as ridiculous as it sounds now the Celtics played him on the perimeter, naturally the experiment failed. Due to his size nobody believed Ben could thrive in the league, after some time in Italy it took someone of a similar build and mindset to see his true potential, that man was Wes Unseld, the former GM of the Wizards gave Ben his first real shot. He didnt get much run at first but without his stop in Washington, the FRO may have never been born, as it was a bet between Webber, Darvin Ham and Ben to see who could go the longest without a haircut that gave birth to the look. To this day Ben has yet to be paid.

1999: The Orlando Magic were suppose to be a miserable team, a slew of bums gunning for new contracts. Darrell Armstrong and Bo Outlaw (2 other undrafted heros) were their biggest names, unbeknownst at the time was the fact that they had a future HOF coach in the making, whos team so overachieved he was named Coach of the year despite the Magic ending up in the lottery. They finished with a .500 record and Ben Wallace started every game, I dont think its a coincidence that the team refused to lay down defensively.

2000: A decade before "The Decision" was made, a similarly skilled Grant Hill chose to take his talents to Florida, unlike LeBron, Detroit fans began questioning Hill's manhood long before he left the city. At the time it seemed their hopes of contending were over, and while the team did take a slide, losing 50+ games, acquiring Ben changed the defensive culture, the championship framework had been laid out.

The rest as they say is history, Ben would go on to be the shortest player to lead the league in rebounding+Blocks on route to the most DPOYs ever and anchored the greatest championship winning defense of the modern era.

In his farewell season, Ben set the record for most games played by an undrafted player.

Greatest Game: June 15, 2004 -- NBA Finals G.5
    Clinched the title with 18PTS - 22REB - 3STL

Is anyone on your team retiring after this year?

Ahh Brad Miller... good guy. The game is losing a couple of G.O.A.T's with him and Jeff Foster leaving.

Practically broke my heart seeing Brad Miller cry... Good guy, good career.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

TJ Ford retiring during the season was a bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

Greg Ostertag's failed comeback
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

Iverson should join this list...

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Wish Big Bad Brad never left Chicago. Great player in his prime, same with Ben Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    broke my heart seeing

Broken comeback from the big homie Antoine Walker

Bye D-Fish, Lamar Odom, and if we amnesty him...Metta World War

Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    I didnt see any games last night but I saw his final 3pter on youtube, he looked so emotional I was gonna post it but I thought it was all in my head, Im watching the replays now, man thats good to see someone love the game that way. Did Barrea kill the moment after the loss?

I will always love you Big Brad. Best tattoos in the game.

If Big Ben does indeed retire, A HOF call is waiting for him

Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Bye D-Fish, Lamar Odom, and if we amnesty him...Metta World War
    I would rather amnesty Blake, Metta is still one of the best defenders in the league
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDetroitBlue View Post
    If Big Ben does indeed retire, A HOF call is waiting for him
    Yep, and give him a bust with the afro. Well deserved IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast