Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why dont more players around Lebron excel?

Lebron is a dominant player, he is a great passer, tremendous feel for the game, his presence diverts alot of attention from his teammates and he plays within a team concept. I cant think of hardly anybody that has really benefitted playing with lebron.

Here is a list of talented players that either flopped or failed to live up to expectations playing with Lebron, when you would think they could have had career years or close to it playing with an MVP who is known for being a great team player.

Moe Williams
    Larry Hughes
    Drew Gooden
    Norris Cole
    Shane Battier
    Anthony Parker
    jamario moon
    Shaq
    Antawn Jamison

Guys that maybe refute this claim
    Ilgauskus
    Varajeo
    Delonte West (i know what you are thinking)
    Mario Chalmers

Is this an illusion that Lebron, albeit being an unselfish player, doesnt make teammates better. Im curious to know.
    Last edited by Rain City; 04-24-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Because most of them just watch and stand in the corner and just wait for him to do his thing until he penetrates and kicks it out to them wide open in the corner or at the top of the key. LeBron does all the work and the role players are basically spoon-fed everything.

they are all average to below average players, or over the hill. Mike Brown is also not exactly an offensive wizard, so he just put the ball in Bron's hands, and asked everyone else to chill and hit open shots when asked to. Works great until you get deep into the playoffs where the great defensive teams force the role players to create for themselves, something they weren't capable of doing.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

All the guys you listed are either average role players or guys that were past their prime...

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

Norris Cole is so good he got listed twice.

Not only did you list Norris Cole, but you put him twice. Also a lot of these players were just never good to begin with, or on the downside of their career. Also Z, Varajeo and Mo all did pretty good with him.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

if i remember right....delonte west was the one who stepped up in the playoffs for the cavs in 2010....not lebron!!
    ....coooookie

mo williams made an all star game because of lebron lol

MO WILLIAMS!

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

All of those player's arn't THAT good. Mario Chalmers and Mo Williams are probably the best listed. To say he doesn't make Mario better is debatable; dude's actually having a decent year for being a role player on the team.

Lebron just didn't have a reliable 2nd option in Cleveland; I think that's pretty obvious now when we look back. Some may argue that he had Shaq, but he had old and beat-up Shaq who only played 20 minutes a game and missed half of the regular season.

If you look back to the 2009-2010 Cavs team that had the #1 seed and lost to Boston in the semis, not a single player on that Cavs starting lineup starts in the NBA anymore besides Antawn Jamison. Mo Williams starts in LAC now but he's their 6th man and only starts because Chauncey Billups is down.

Lebron literally was that entire team. But Lebron has no excuses anymore. He got what he wanted (and got Bosh thrown in too). So he needs to get it done. One could argue that he makes D-Wade a better player (or vice versa). They play off each others strengths and weaknesses and are pretty much best friends in real life, so you know there won't be any communication issues like there was in Cleveland (*cough* Delonte)
    A message to Lebron haters

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
    I wasted too much of my time rooting against other superstars, and started the LeBron era hating him too. I'm glad I got over this, because I think he is unlike anything the game has ever seen...and to be robbed of enjoying that because I hate his greatness would be awful.

I wonder when Chris Bosh is gonna make this list
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

You can't be ****ing serious. If LeBron doesn't make anyone better then no superstar in the history of basketball made anyone better. He's god himself making teammates look good. I mean he made Mo ****ing Williams an allstar and you listed Mo on the list that didn't excel? Most of your list made of washed up players. But I get what you are trying to achieve from this thread. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    mo williams made an all star game because of lebron lol

MO WILLIAMS!
    One of the most undeserving All star nods ever. Moe came over to Cleveland from Milwaukee where he was a focal point of the offense and his scoring stayed the same, his FG%, assists, steals all went down, and than the 2nd year went down again....It is not like he took a diminished role with Cleveland, he was supposed to be the number 2 option, he was 25, I was surpised he didnt become a 20pts per game scorer, the opportunity was there, also that his FG% went down considerably (albeit more accurate from 3).

I think a decent point was made that it has something to do with his coach's ineptitude at coaching offensive basketball.

Also, Chris Bosh could be a candidate to be on this list but i think most people expected his numbers to drop some playing with Lebron AND Wade.

To be fair, most of the players on that list are either not that good in general, or weren't that good playing with lebron. To really see if other players benefit playing with him you have to look at the current heat team. Has wade excelled? I would say yes. Has Bosh? well not as much as people would have thought. I think most people would have figured bosh's scoring would have decreased going to miami considering he's going to be the third option, but has the rest of his game and efficency increased playing with lebron?

When i look at that list, i cant blame lebron for making those players better.
    "We got to win. Win no matter what. Trip, kick somebody, fight, bite. Whatever. Win."
    - Derrick Rose

Mo Williams?

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    Lebron is a dominant player, he is a great passer, tremendous feel for the game, his presence diverts alot of attention from his teammates and he plays within a team concept. I cant think of hardly anybody that has really benefitted playing with lebron.

Here is a list of talented players that either flopped or failed to live up to expectations playing with Lebron, when you would think they could have had career years or close to it playing with an MVP who is known for being a great team player.

Moe Williams
    Larry Hughes
    Drew Gooden
    Norris Cole
    Shane Battier
    Anthony Parker
    jamario moon
    Shaq
    Antawn Jamison

Guys that maybe refute this claim
    Ilgauskus
    Varajeo
    Delonte West (i know what you are thinking)
    Mario Chalmers

Is this an illusion that Lebron, albeit being an unselfish player, doesnt make teammates better. Im curious to know.
    if i recall correctly he took alot of those players to the finals. you dont go to the finals with varagao, gooden, hughes, etc with out making those guys better. i beleive he took one of the worst rosters to the nba finals. that says alot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast