Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lebron's Contradictions

Lebron quote after a win vs Raptors:

"It's just how I am," said James, whose 37.6 minutes per game ranks among the most in the league. "When I go on the floor, if I'm in uniform, I'm trying to play at the highest level. I don't try to take minutes off or take games off when I can. ... I just want to be the best."
    http://www.nba.com/games/20120419/CH...t2hp0021100934

Lebron quote from just last season in a grudge match loss vs Celtics:

“For myself, 44 minutes is too much,” James declared. “I think Coach Spo knows that. Forty minutes for D-Wade is too much. We have to have as much energy as we can to finish games out.”
    http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...-many-minutes/

author finishes article:

Two days earlier, James had done nothing in overtime and ultimately decided the difference was a Hall of Fame coach, Jerry Sloan, who knew exactly what the Heat were going to do. James never takes responsibility, never says, ‘I’m the MVP and I need to do more.’ He didn’t do it in Cleveland, and he’s never going to do in Miami. Now, 44 minutes in a grudge game with the Celtics is too much. Always an out, always an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do i think this is thread worthy? well for one just because there are countless comments here about Lebron w/ no substance or just evident hate it doesn't mean there aren't legit threads/points and comments that are worth discussing that get locked just because others mindlessly reply with no real substance.

2ndly, many state how great Lebron is, quoting endless statistics and things to support how great he is but fail to aknowledge these sort of things.....

.........I remember last season i use to post on Heat official forum and listed contradictions Lebron would make all season which whent up to close to 30 pages including replies. Not surprising it was deleted spite of me providing links & articles that reiterated and supported my points. i'm not going to start one here but i just find it funny how it never stops. Just a season ago in a big loss Lebron complains about minutes and after he takes advantage of a weak team this season he states how he'll do anything to be 'The Best' .

The under lying point here is that Lebron though, i'm sure not more than 90% of the times, can be not up front or straight up about certain things that he says to the media, interviews etc. Obviously wants to portray himself to be 'the greatest' and often can't be 'Real' w. statements/sentiments. This is one thing most Lebron critics dislike about James.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

I remember after the loss in last years playoffs the big issue was how Lebron needed to learn to post. Even had articles on how he has been training all off season and improved in that area. Then once the season started Bosh & Wade were injured early in the season. Miami were in need of something in the post since Bosh was injured and in a pre-game interview was asked about how they were going to handle their opponents and he stated this about his post game: "I just have to dust it off a little bit. It's no problem. ”

Here's the full quote:

[quote]I spent a lot of time on it this offseason. Once I made the decision to come here and realized we had a low-post threat, I kind of backed off a little bit. ... With [Chris Bosh] being out, I can go back to it. I just have to dust it off a little bit. It's no problem."[\quote]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=6046399

In that game vs the Raptors there was no real sign that he had improved which has us all scratching our heads about what happened to all those hours reported on practicing his post game during the off season.

This isn't a contradiction more than it is a lie but it further reiterates how Lebron can often mislead the public when in reality what he is saying is not quite true.

Honesty is key to be 'Great'. To be honest with yourself in regards to your flaws & weaknesses helps you to become a much better player. IMHO this is Lebrons downfall. After showing how soft he can be mentally in almost 3 post seasons in a row (vs Orlando when Cavs were almost swept and he walked off the court w/out congratulating his opponents. Vs Boston where he evidently seemed to have given up and last seasons performance vs Dallas in those 4th quarters). Lebron does have some maturing to do. I think he also needs some guidance away from his 'yes' men - spiritual guidance would let him gain some clarity and humbleness (wich i think is what brings him down).

Until you see these from Lebron i just don't see how he can help Miami win a Ship. I see him making the same mistakes over and over again.....i simply factor this from not being 'Real' and 'Honest' w/ himself wich is why he keeps making the same errors.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

3. 04-19-2012, 04:06 AM
    Reason
    Unnecessary.

Lebron's Contradictions

Lol

Nothing else needs to be said after Suge's post.

Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    Miami can win the next five championships and I'll still think of him the same way. A player who was incapable and unwilling to do it as ''the man”. Needed to go team up with two other superstars to boost his chances.

7. 04-19-2012, 04:31 AM
    Reason
    Unnecessary.

8. 04-19-2012, 04:42 AM
    Reason
    Unnecessary.

I'm not a supporter of LeBron or any of his antics. However, this post has no bearing on basketball. What LeBron James says is not important, he takes care of business on the court. He is a great player. So what if one game he is a little tired and says he needs to rest a little bit and at another he states he is trying to play hard and not rest.

Obviously your body goes through different periods and stretches and depending on your reaction to it you speak as you feel.

No disrespect but if you ever played organized basketball you would understand that there are days where you can play 8 games in a row and days where you can't move a muscle.

So maybe just maybe he was tired as **** on one occasion and hyped as **** on another.

That's called being human and yes the self-proclaimed "Chosen-One" is human.

I am a die-hard knicks fan and hate LeBrick but some topics are just ridiculous.

10. 04-19-2012, 04:59 AM
    Reason
    Unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by STA_PLAR View Post
    I'm not a supporter of LeBron or any of his antics. However, this post has no bearing on basketball. What LeBron James says is not important, he takes care of business on the court. He is a great player. So what if one game he is a little tired and says he needs to rest a little bit and at another he states he is trying to play hard and not rest.

Obviously your body goes through different periods and stretches and depending on your reaction to it you speak as you feel.

No disrespect but if you ever played organized basketball you would understand that there are days where you can play 8 games in a row and days where you can't move a muscle.

So maybe just maybe he was tired as **** on one occasion and hyped as **** on another.

That's called being human and yes the self-proclaimed "Chosen-One" is human.

I am a die-hard knicks fan and hate LeBrick but some topics are just ridiculous.
    Cheers for the reply STA_PLAR.

I've been watching the NBA since 1985, been playing since i was 10 and still play today. I'm not as adept of the game as many but i think have a decent understanding of what goes on in the sport.

I respect your views but my ultimate point is in context of everything he has ever stated in public wich isn't quite what has manifested in reality or has been actually portrayed - not just this lone contradiction. But as it stacks up to everything else that he has publicly stated which has come out to be less than the truth it further reiterates my point.

You my say he 'Takes care of things on the court' but why does he maintain in failing when things 'Truly' count! which brings me back in pertaining the point to this thread about Lebrons constant dismissing of his flaws as something minimal or unimportant to the point he brushes them off, leads the public to the wrong direction @ times w/ excuses and then goes on to do the exact same thing the very following season.

I think it has alot to do w/ how his mind works. There's an inspirational quote that goes something like: " You cannot expect different outcomes if you continue to do the same thing ". something like that but better formatted & far deeper lol. I think this pertains to Lebron. A great player but seems unwilling to be open to truth of reality. You just have to listen to his words after losses and you know there's something that just isn't right.

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeBomber41 View Post
    Miami can win the next five championships and I'll still think of him the same way. A player who was incapable and unwilling to do it as ''the man”. Needed to go team up with two other superstars to boost his chances.
    That's the thing i actually do not see Miami winning 1 let alone 5. Because of everything i stated here i predicted from the moment James made his announcement that Miami will not win a Championship. This is from everything i have heared & seen of Lebron. Especially in the last 2 or 3 seasons prior to this current year and the fact that Miami are not a balanced team but that's another topic - as well as what you have stated here. I'm sure we can discuss this further down the track.

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

Ridiculous posts. Just stfu and get off this crap. Let him play his game just like everyone else. If he wins, criticize him, if he loses, burn him alive. Damn man, this **** is getting REAL old

Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    There's an inspirational quote that goes something like: " You cannot expect different outcomes if you continue to do the same thing ".
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

Quote Originally Posted by stawka View Post
    Ridiculous posts. Just stfu and get off this crap. Let him play his game just like everyone else. If he wins, criticize him, if he loses, burn him alive. Damn man, this **** is getting REAL old
    It's funny because i thought i was tackling this from another angle rather than attacking him from the same point of direction and claims been said here numerous times.

I'm sorry i offended you enough for you to take the time to reply anyway.

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

Quote Originally Posted by NothingbutWill View Post
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."
    lol yeah, i thought i butchered the quote

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    lol yeah, i thought i butchered the quote
    That quote is actually on my phone so I see it every day. Reading what you wrote made me chuckle a little but I knew what you were talking about

Quote Originally Posted by NothingbutWill View Post
    That quote is actually on my phone so I see it every day. Reading what you wrote made me chuckle a little but I knew what you were talking about
    A friend of mine, who has had some troubles in the past, has the quote posted on his wall to help him break his negative patterns. Has proven well for him.

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

So he said "44 minutes is too much for me" and then he said "When I go on the floor, if I'm in uniform, I'm trying to play at the highest level. I don't try to take minutes off or take games off when I can. ... I just want to be the best."

Where is the contradiction here again? You really thought last night he meant he wants to play 48 minutes a game by saying "I don't try to take minutes off or take games off when I can"?? You thought this was thread worthy just because you have trouble understanding context and situations?

Listen here is a piece of advice for you: We already have enough LeBron threads on NBA forum and contribute your 2 cents on them OR just shut the **** up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast