Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Celtics' Big Three nearly split at trade deadline

NEW YORK – As the NBA trade deadline lurched into its final hour a month ago, league sources say the call Ray Allen long feared had come: Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers was on the line, telling him he had been traded. Allen had been sent to the Memphis Grizzlies for a package including O.J. Mayo and a draft pick, and the Celtics' Big Three had come to a most brusque ending.

For 20 minutes or so, Allen had to process the information. They traded me to Memphis? And yet, as the disappointment dissolved to anger, Rivers returned with a messenger’s nightmare: Never mind. The deal fell apart. Take a deep breath and let’s go back to work again.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ce...uo1KP4wEa8vLYF

I think we all already knew they were almost split up at the deadline, but how would have both teams benefited if this traded did go down?

Memphis:
    Conley
    Allen
    Gay
    Randolph
    Gasol

Celtics:
    Rondo
    Mayo
    Pierce
    Bass?
    Garnett

I think that traded would have really helped out Memphis, adding a sharp shooter like Allen.

It also says that they were close to sending Pierce to the Nets for their 1st rounder and Okur (expiring contract).

If those two moves were made, then they would have been set up very nicely for the future.

Rondo, Bass' rights, Green's rights, Mayo's rights, and Avery Bradley plus a TON of cap space, plus THREE 1st round picks would be incredible.

That being said, the Celtics are legit condenders to make the Finals this year. Those trades that fell through could have been a blessing in disguise.

Memphis w/ Ray?? DAMN! Thankfully this didn't happen.

Free As Seagull.

Wow great trade for memphis, then again celtics get a young player who can develop under doc.

Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post
    It also says that they were close to sending Pierce to the Nets for their 1st rounder and Okur (expiring contract).

If those two moves were made, then they would have been set up very nicely for the future.

Rondo, Bass' rights, Green's rights, Mayo's rights, and Avery Bradley plus a TON of cap space, plus THREE 1st round picks would be incredible.

That being said, the Celtics are legit condenders to make the Finals this year. Those trades that fell through could have been a blessing in disguise.
    Ah, you are right. I honestly didnt see that.

memphis would have been too much after that. intriguing from both perspectives.

very glad the pierce move didn't happen, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post

The C's have no more ties to Green after the heart condition that nullified his contract. He's an UFA.

Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    The C's have no more ties to Green after the heart condition that nullified his contract. He's an UFA.
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...-green-now-ufa

indeed. i do see him re-signing on the cheap for a one year deal, to prove he's healthy.

nets vs knick woulda been good if the pierce move happened

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Memphis w/ Ray?? DAMN! Thankfully this didn't happen.

Plus idk if Fisher can take playing with 3 former Celtics! lol Allen/Perk/Ray re-uniting.

Quote Originally Posted by thekmp211 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...-green-now-ufa

indeed. i do see him re-signing on the cheap for a one year deal, to prove he's healthy.
    He probably will. I read that he's still trains at their facility or something along those lines.
    I'd like to see Phoenix make a run at him. I do think teams will offer him a decent amount of money so Boston may have to spend a bit to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post

Plus idk if Fisher can take playing with 3 former Celtics! lol Allen/Perk/Ray re-uniting.
    You mistakenly combined Memphis with OKC.

Tony Allen and Ray Allen would be Grizzlies. Fisher and Perk would be OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post

Lol what? If Allen were traded, he would have gone to Memphis.

Perk and Fisher are on the Thunder. Both Allen's would have been on the Grizzlies.

Damn, those Grizzlies would have been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Technically yes, but Green has been working out at Celtics facilities and also has been around the team. I think (and I have nothing to back this up) that there is already a deal in place to be signed over the summer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast