Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    I could be mistaken, but I think the last time you played Hull you beat them 8-0 to clinch the league. That was Hull's last game in the Premier League...I'm sure they're happy to be going back to Stamford Bridge immediately after returning to the league

Our second bid for John Ruddy has been rejected by Norwich (sky)

Trying to sign 16 year old Izzy Brown from WBA but they rejected our "fee" but he doesn't have a professional contract so IDK how that works. He's been training at Cobham for a couple of days and was with the senior team today.

Apparently he has been allowed to train with Chelsea even though the clubs haven't agreed a fee. He's allowed to train with any category A club. If the clubs don't agree a fee, it will go to tribunal but I don't know how a figure will be decided on.

Here's an article from the Birmingham Mail:

Albion have today rejected an offer from Chelsea for 16-year-old Izzy Brown - launching another angry attack at the system which has left them vulnerable to losing their best youngsters.

Under Premier League rules the Baggies are due compensation from the London club for the 16-year-old midfielder, who has been at The Hawthorns for three years and had agreed to sign scholarship forms.

Brown has been allowed to train with Chelsea while a compensation figure was discussed.

But Albion sporting & technical director Richard Garlick stated that the offer had been declined.

And he also took a swipe at the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP), which enables youngsters to move between Category One clubs.

“We are disappointed by Chelsea’s offer," said Garlick.

“We have invested a lot of time and money in Isaiah’s development as a player and - as one of our most exciting Academy products in recent years - we had hoped to bring him through into our first team.

“But Chelsea have forced our hands and we are more than prepared for the matter to be decided by a tribunal if needs be.

“More importantly, it makes you question why these young players are joining bigger clubs when they are likely to gain more first-team opportunities in the Premier League at clubs similar to us.”

Brown has won three England Under-17s caps and two for the Under-16s, scoring his first goal at that level in a 4-3 friendly defeat by Germany in February.

Three months later he became the second youngest-ever Premier League player when he made his Baggies first-team debut as a substitute against Wigan, aged 16 years and 117 days.
    Birmingham Mail

I am not comfortable wit our Strikers and really think we need to go and get someone. Ba (nope) El Nino (way to inconsistent) and Lukaku (I love this kid but he might be a year our 2 away before he explodes and reaches his full potential).

Chelsea defender Wallace is the subject of interest from Inter Milan and Roma, according to his agent (sky)

Hull and Man Utd (A) would have been Jose's next two matches if he hadn't gotten dismissed in 2007 ....so in a way, he really is continuing from where he left off

Signed Mark Schwarzer on a free which is cool. Not paying what Norwich wanted for Ruddy and not triggering the clause for Cavani... I think Roman + Jose are actually trying to cool on spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    Signed Mark Schwarzer on a free which is cool. Not paying what Norwich wanted for Ruddy and not triggering the clause for Cavani... I think Roman + Jose are actually trying to cool on spending.
    What more to spend on, if you sell Ba/Nino/Obi Mikel, you'll buy a great striker (Suarez maybe?) and maybe find a good DM, or move Ake to CB and let Luiz play the DM

Reports of Ake is heading to Vitesse on a year loan to get more first team action

Jose also stocking up on Cobham products for the Asia Tour which leaves this Thursday, maybe McEachran can prove himself to Jose

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    we need a dm mid and bad and if want luiz there going forward than we need to add a cb
    chelsea's been on and off with Benfica about Matic, it looked unlikely, but Jesus supposedly ssaid he thinks Matic will be difficult to hold on to. His buyout was raised to 60M recently... But I'd imagine if Vieira gets the 45M from his old buyout number he would probably take it.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

i thought mou wanted xavi alonso? he only has one year left on his contract

Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    Alonso said 1-2 days ago there's no way he's moving this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    Alonso said 1-2 days ago there's no way he's moving this summer.

I still think we need a striker more than anything, we have enough depth with midfielders IMO and someone can be serviceable in the DM role like a Lampard, Ramiers, Marco Van Ginkel, Obi Mikel...etc.

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast