Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dubai UAE
    Posts
    14,477

    Hollingers Rankings Bulls/Heat/Knicks

    3. Bulls 4. Heat 5. Knicks 6. celtics

    gonna be alot of fun come playoff time.
    Last edited by Captain Moroni; 04-16-2012 at 03:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,314
    Knicks at 5?!?!?!
    [SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    798
    Celtics should be ahead of the Knicks there.

    A lot of people ask me, 'Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    349
    How good can the Hollinger Rating be if the 8th seed is right behind the first and second? There is a 15 w/l difference between them. I am not hating on the Knicks. I never put stock into Hollinger's stats and now I have a perfect example on why not to.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,677
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoRox View Post
    How good can the Hollinger Rating be if the 8th seed is right behind the first and second? There is a 15 w/l difference between them. I am not hating on the Knicks. I never put stock into Hollinger's stats and now I have a perfect example on why not to.
    Aren't power rankings supposed to judge you on the here and now and not how you were playing months ago? Isn't that why they get update each week/month? Yea thought so.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,201
    Knicks are better but not THAT much better. Pacers are 8-1 in April and are tied for the 5th best record in the league. 3rd seed in the East and recently beat the Knicks, Heat, and Thunder. Where the Hell are they at? These power rankings are bogus.


    Lucks on our side

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    STAT CITY
    Posts
    4,367
    Knicks at 5 yeahh buddy!
    Deal with it


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,419
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Aren't power rankings supposed to judge you on the here and now and not how you were playing months ago? Isn't that why they get update each week/month? Yea thought so.
    Actually no. Not Hollinger's Rankings. His get updated every day and are based off of Formula's and what not by Hollinger

    "These rankings are based on a formula I devised, and they are updated every day, automatically."

    Stein (on ESPN) does them weekly based on how a team has performed that week.

    Still helps your argument, but clearing it up for you a little

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,565
    If the power rankings are based off of right now, I like it but I think Celtics are better. With a healthy Lin and Amare, it's a different story.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    STAT CITY
    Posts
    4,367
    If the Knicks beat the Celtics on Tuesday and have a good week we can pass the Celtics officially
    Deal with it


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Qward
    Posts
    1,686
    Can the playoffs start already?

    For the first time in my life -- I felt fear. And I was blinded by its brilliance. I believed fear to be a part of the chaos I abhor, but it was more controlling than all the willpower in the universe. And it would be mine.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    3,576
    Knicks are NOT better than the Celtics. If anything, Celtics should be right behind the Bulls, the way they have been playing lately.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinestro View Post
    Can the playoffs start already?
    That would be awesome considering the Knicks could lose their way out of the playoffs (I hope not! ray: )

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    1 Mile High
    Posts
    6,466
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Actually no. Not Hollinger's Rankings. His get updated every day and are based off of Formula's and what not by Hollinger

    "These rankings are based on a formula I devised, and they are updated every day, automatically."

    Stein (on ESPN) does them weekly based on how a team has performed that week.

    Still helps your argument, but clearing it up for you a little
    i'm pretty sure hollinger's formula heavily weighs recent gameplay

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,677
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Actually no. Not Hollinger's Rankings. His get updated every day and are based off of Formula's and what not by Hollinger

    "These rankings are based on a formula I devised, and they are updated every day, automatically."

    Stein (on ESPN) does them weekly based on how a team has performed that week.

    Still helps your argument, but clearing it up for you a little
    I was actually talking about power rankings in general. As in the ESPN, NBA, Hollinger etc...

    They are either weekly or monthly and are supposed to give you an up to date idea as to 'whos hot and whos not' at that specific time in the season.

    I wasn't aware Hollinger was continuously updated daily so thats good to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •