Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hollingers Rankings Bulls/Heat/Knicks

3. Bulls 4. Heat 5. Knicks 6. celtics

gonna be alot of fun come playoff time.
    Last edited by Captain Moroni; 04-16-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Knicks at 5?!?!?!
    [SIGPIC]

Celtics should be ahead of the Knicks there.

A lot of people ask me, 'Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.

How good can the Hollinger Rating be if the 8th seed is right behind the first and second? There is a 15 w/l difference between them. I am not hating on the Knicks. I never put stock into Hollinger's stats and now I have a perfect example on why not to.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoRox View Post
    How good can the Hollinger Rating be if the 8th seed is right behind the first and second? There is a 15 w/l difference between them. I am not hating on the Knicks. I never put stock into Hollinger's stats and now I have a perfect example on why not to.
    Aren't power rankings supposed to judge you on the here and now and not how you were playing months ago? Isn't that why they get update each week/month? Yea thought so.

Knicks are better but not THAT much better. Pacers are 8-1 in April and are tied for the 5th best record in the league. 3rd seed in the East and recently beat the Knicks, Heat, and Thunder. Where the Hell are they at? These power rankings are bogus.

Lucks on our side

Knicks at 5 yeahh buddy!
    Deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Aren't power rankings supposed to judge you on the here and now and not how you were playing months ago? Isn't that why they get update each week/month? Yea thought so.
    Actually no. Not Hollinger's Rankings. His get updated every day and are based off of Formula's and what not by Hollinger

"These rankings are based on a formula I devised, and they are updated every day, automatically."

Stein (on ESPN) does them weekly based on how a team has performed that week.

Still helps your argument, but clearing it up for you a little

If the power rankings are based off of right now, I like it but I think Celtics are better. With a healthy Lin and Amare, it's a different story.

If the Knicks beat the Celtics on Tuesday and have a good week we can pass the Celtics officially
    Deal with it

Can the playoffs start already?

For the first time in my life -- I felt fear. And I was blinded by its brilliance. I believed fear to be a part of the chaos I abhor, but it was more controlling than all the willpower in the universe. And it would be mine.

Knicks are NOT better than the Celtics. If anything, Celtics should be right behind the Bulls, the way they have been playing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinestro View Post
    Can the playoffs start already?
    That would be awesome considering the Knicks could lose their way out of the playoffs (I hope not! ray: )

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Actually no. Not Hollinger's Rankings. His get updated every day and are based off of Formula's and what not by Hollinger

"These rankings are based on a formula I devised, and they are updated every day, automatically."

i'm pretty sure hollinger's formula heavily weighs recent gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post

I was actually talking about power rankings in general. As in the ESPN, NBA, Hollinger etc...

They are either weekly or monthly and are supposed to give you an up to date idea as to 'whos hot and whos not' at that specific time in the season.

I wasn't aware Hollinger was continuously updated daily so thats good to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast