Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you guys still think the Clippers can't play defense?

I heard a lot of comments like "Clippers don't have the right team to play defense" "Clippers don't play defense" "Clippers can't be a contender because they don't play D". I have a very interesting stat.

Clippers were 28th overall defense first month of season, 26th at all star break and now stand at 17th overall. Meaning since the all star break they have been the 8th overall defense. That's matched to an offense that has been top 5 all year. So do you still consider this team a "pretender"? Do you still feel like they don't have the right roster to play defense?

Since all star break:

Offensive rank: 4
    Defensive rank: 8
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 04-14-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Where do the post-ASG stats come from?

why guys always make threads about their team just to get attention?

They don't do it on a consistent basis, and they concentrate more on offense than they do on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    They don't do it on a consistent basis, and they concentrate more on offense than they do on defense.
    Lakers defense since all star break: 21st ranked. So not sure how you can preach consistency. Your team was a top 3 defense before all star break and a bad offense. Now they are a bottom 10 defense and top 10 offense .

I'd argue sample size, but I'm also interested where you got the d-ratings for post allstar splits.

With that said I think LAC *can* become a good defensive team, especially with a few additional defensive minded players. In the NBA, so much about a teams defensive ability comes from the coach and his schemes. LAC certainly has players capable of being great defenders. Vinny needs to go though. I say this as someone who witnessed his team from going between 11th-18th to one of the best with Vinny replaced by a defensive genius in Thibs with few new defensive additions as far as players.

Hell, look at how improved NY has gotten from a defensive standpoint. Bottom line, I think LAC can become a very good defensive system with a coaching change. Similar sentiment with OKC who has no business not being elite at that end with their personnel, but are due to an inept coach in Brooks.

Stfu all you talk about is the damn clippers.

I'm not worry about the clipps D or Offense their biggest weapon is the FLOPS and the crying if the refs help them they will be a hard team to beat.

If the ref Play it even I got my Grizzlies beating them in 5.

Nope still think your d is weak.

You guys r playing better but most likely you will play memphis in the 1st r round and I got them beating you
    I rather die a BULL, than live a COWard!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrich28 View Post
    Nope still think your d is weak.

You guys r playing better but most likely you will play memphis in the 1st r round and I got them beating you
    Clippers > Memphis

Cp3 just too beast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    I'm not worry about the clipps D or Offense their biggest weapon is the FLOPS and the crying if the refs help them they will be a hard team to beat.

If the ref Play it even I got my Grizzlies beating them in 5.
    Damn blitz u stole my answer
    I rather die a BULL, than live a COWard!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck beating Memphis. LAC will need it. I see them out in round 1 - 6 games.

Flop City i hate when the clippers get there calls when they flop. I guess whatever helps you win.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Good luck beating Memphis. LAC will need it. I see them out in round 1 - 6 games.
    I want to agree, but as usual, everyone forgets what Chris Paul morphs into come playoff time. There is nobody better. His level of play jumps up 5 levels come playoff time. Now that he has a PF with a pulse, and a little more talent everywhere else than he had in NO the last few years, I think the Clips are for real. Can they beat OKC, or San Antonio? I don't think so. But anyone else, sure.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

btw, the Clips are an elite offensive team, average defensive team to answer the question.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast