Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Documentary: Fair Ball From Canada to Uganda

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/201...ary_sportsnet/

Team Canada's first game at the 2011 Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA was scheduled to be against Team Uganda. But just before last summer's tournament, the African nation's teenaged players were denied entry-visas into the United States.

The injustice didn't sit well with the Canadian contigent from Langley, B.C. and with the help of Right to Play, they set out to make their way to Uganda to right a terrible wrong.

In Fair Ball, a special half-hour documentary narrated by Gregg Zaun, Sportsnet brings you along with Zaun, the Langley, B.C. Little League team and major-league players Jimmy Rollins and Derrek Lee for this incredible and inspirational journey.
    This is incredible and so powerful for the sport of Baseball.
    I recommend everyone to give this a watch. You will be inspired!!!

Beware of Ware

Agreed. Never been a fan of made for tv documentaries. But this one was one of the best ones I have ever seen. Very strong and emotional.

VERY great piece.

Just imagine what a $100,000 to $500,000 signing bonus means to a poor kid and his family in Latin America. Know imagine what that amount could do for that kid and his village in Africa. A worldwide draft would be help this.

wow.... very inspiring.. to be honest I cant help but shed a few tears Y_Y

I heard those kids got drafted by Kony.
    jk (im going to hell for that)

Great documentary...far better than I expected. I got choked up a few times by it. Wish the best for Uganda.

Quote Originally Posted by lexecutioner View Post
    wow.... very inspiring.. to be honest I cant help but shed a few tears Y_Y

I heard those kids got drafted by Kony.
    jk (im going to hell for that)
    lol for a second there i was like WTF

Great watch

Yeah and for anyone who doesn't know, Sportsnet has been showing "MLB Season Preview" since yesterday and they're still showing em on TV I think. Its an hour and a half long, the first hour is great stuff with a big segment on Bautista and his life in the dominican, a lot of recap of the offseason and a lot of things on the upcoming season. This female Jays reporter gets interviews from Prince Fielder, Mariano Rivera and Ozzie Guillen too. The last half hour is this documentary, Fairball. It's all great stuff. Definitely worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by es0terik View Post
    Yeah and for anyone who doesn't know, Sportsnet has been showing "MLB Season Preview" since yesterday and they're still showing em on TV I think. Its an hour and a half long, the first hour is great stuff with a big segment on Bautista and his life in the dominican, a lot of recap of the offseason and a lot of things on the upcoming season. This female Jays reporter gets interviews from Prince Fielder, Mariano Rivera and Ozzie Guillen too. The last half hour is this documentary, Fairball. It's all great stuff. Definitely worth watching.
    I thought the preview itself was boring. The Bautista piece was ok but nothing spectacular for me. The Fair Play Documentary was the best part.

Very well done documentary....I'd definitely recommend anyone to sit down and watch this one.