View Poll Results: Which is more entertaining to watch:

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blocks

21 58.33%
  • Dunks

15 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Blocks or Dunks?

They can both serve as a momentum changer and boost team moral, but which do you think is more entertaining to watch; blocks or dunks?

Discuss
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Blocks. Some centers can constantly dunk it. I remember those Laker teams with Shaq basically dunking the ball basically 90% of the time he got it inside.

Blocks do two things: prevent a potential scoring play for one team, and sets off your team. A lot of times a block leads to a fast break opportunity since the opposing team is usually not expecting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

The crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Blocks. Some centers can constantly dunk it. I remember those Laker teams with Shaq basically dunking the ball basically 90% of the time he got it inside.

Blocks do two things: prevent a potential scoring play for one team, and sets off your team. A lot of times a block leads to a fast break opportunity since the opposing team is usually not expecting it.
    Not always the case, look at the play today when Bradley blocked Wade. Amazing block, got the fans hyped, and the ball falls to Battier for a three pointer. Obviously in the scheme of things that extra point didn't matter, but it could of...

Dunks are a sure fire two points, and when answering this poll, I was thinking of poster dunks that usually result in a free throw opportunity. I will never tire of seeing a poster dunk.

I think a monsterous dunk is more excviting, but I owuld argue a block is more impactful.

Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    Not always the case, look at the play today when Bradley blocked Wade. Amazing block, got the fans hyped, and the ball falls to Battier for a three pointer. Obviously in the scheme of things that extra point didn't matter, but it could of...

Dunks are a sure fire two points, and when answering this poll, I was thinking of poster dunks that usually result in a free throw opportunity. I will never tire of seeing a poster dunk.
    Not always.

Dunks are more entertaining but blocks are most influential to games

I picked blocks because it takes skill and timing to block, a short guy can block a tall guy if they use the effort and good timing.

World class athletes that can jump can dunk so its not as impressive to me as it is to most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Not always.
    When has a dunk never been two points?

Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    When has a dunk never been two points?
    When you miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    When you miss it.
    I would've thought the OP is asking about successful dunks and blocks.

Because if you're making that argument, then I can say blocks don't always prevent scoring possessions when you get dunked on...

Blocks or Dunks?

A block is better than a dunk in normal circumstances, because blocks are less frequent. However, a poster dunk builds momentum like nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    As far as talent goes, without a doubt Melo is the best player the knicks have ever had. I think Melo is the best player in the league right now so i think after he wins us a ring this year he would have to be considered the best knick ever. Melo will become the new Jordan of the league we are so lucky to have him!!!

ask avery bradley
    P(NBA)S(NBA)D. Yeah we sometimes talk about other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by magichatnumber9 View Post
    ask avery bradley
    lmao but everyone thought wade was going dunk it, it was just a block layup. and yes its a nice block.

Depends on the block and the dunk being compared, for example; I'd get way more hyped watching this block over this dunk; but I'd get a lot more hyped up if I saw this dunk over this block.

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast