Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the best player right now?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Kemp

29 31.87%
  • Jose Bautista

62 68.13%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PSD Best Player in Baseball - Championship Game 1 vs 6

Matt Kemp vs Jose Bautista

Personally, I wouldn't vote for either of these guys number 1, but I'll take Bautista simply because he has two years of his success level to Kemp's one.

Defensive positioning has some value here, center vs right/3B. But it's not like Kemp is an amazing defensive centerfielder for it to really matter.

Bautista has had the bat

Kemp - .324/.399/.586 - .419 wOBA, 171 wRC+ 8.7 fWAR
    Bautista - .302/.447/.608 - .441 wOBA, 181 wRC+ 8.3 fWAR

2010-2011
    Kemp - .287/.355./518, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, 9.1 fWAR
    Bautista - .280/.412/.613, .431 wOBA, 174 wRC+, 15.2 fWAR

Kemp getting voted number 1 here is like Bautista getting voted number 1 last year, it's too soon to give the guy that praise just yet, he'll need to show he can repeat it before he can be crowned the best player in baseball. And honestly, Bautista had a better year last year any way. Only thing Kemp does that Bautista doesn't is steal bases, and I guess you can give him credit for playing center. That isn't enough to make up for the differences in their bats and the fact that Bautista has done it twice, to Kemp's once.

sexicano31 Guest
    How the **** did Kemp beat Tulo?

Exactly. Kemp vs Tulo would have been something I would have pondered on for a while, this poll is easy for me. Mostly going with everything Jeffy said and then also gonna point out that Bautista is far and away the best player in the game at his position (like Tulo) while Kemp is competing with guys like Ellsbury and Granderson.

Personally, I think the 3 best positional players in the game currently are Tulo, Votto and Bautisa. If Tulo was in the finals I would vote for him over Bautisa, but this is not the current predicament. As it stands right now I will go with Bautista as Jeffy highlighted the main concerns with Kemp
    Last edited by Farsight; 03-29-2012 at 05:04 PM.

This is horrible. Bautista shouldn't have even won his first round match up.

Its kinda hard to vote against that 15.2 fWAR

Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    This is horrible. Bautista shouldn't have even won his first round match up.
    I'm not surprised that the first person to make a comment of that sort was you.

Jose bautisa is the best player in the league hands down. I know red sox fans are not going to agree but Jose stats speaks for it self

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderZubb View Post
    Jose bautisa is the best player in the league hands down. I know red sox fans are not going to agree but Jose stats speaks for it self
    That's why you voted for Kemp? lol

Quote Originally Posted by es0terik View Post
    That's why you voted for Kemp? lol
    LOOOL

Misclick?

As hilarious as it sounds: Bautista because longevity.

longevity, and not because youre a Jays fan and he is in your sig?

Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    longevity, and not because youre a Jays fan and he is in your sig?
    Ok so please argue how kemp has been consistantly a better player than bauts over the last two years.

I understand that if you have someone in your sig, your probably biased. But atleast he has a valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderZubb View Post
    No.

And I don't have any fancy stats to back that up, but in my opinion, your statement is very far from the truth...

By the way, Pujols says hi.

He's done it much longer than 2 years and still going. Guys like Miggy, AGon, even ARod, are still better players than Bautista at this point. They've all done it longer than Bautista. And quite simply, 2 years does not a career make. If Bautista does it for as long as Pujols has, consistently, then we might have an argument but until then fancy stats will not change my mind.

I mean, we are basically talking about a player who was a scrub, tweaked his swing a bit, and suddenly became a really good hitter. In my opinion, that is not a reason to proclaim him the best in the game, no way.

Again, this is just my opinion and that's what these forums are for, right?...

Thanks to Bloodhawk for the great sig...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast