Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    They settled.
    Thank god! I love direcTV but I would have had no choice but to leave had this happened. Cannot miss my Cubs, Bulls and Hawks games!

Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    Thank god! I love direcTV but I would have had no choice but to leave had this happened. Cannot miss my Cubs, Bulls and Hawks games!
    I knew they would, WGN means too much to DirecTV to have a settlement dispute when baseball starts next week.

I wasnt worried for 1 sec. This happens alot and always settled day of

Um no they didnt settle. Directv just tweeted 15 mins ago its going out at 12 PT.

WTF, I saw a tweet earlier today that they settled, now I wish I would of put it in here.

Ya Im pissed. Im talking to Directv saying I going to Dish (which of course Im not they just hate to hear that) and maybe they will discount extra innings or something its worth a try. Im just confused on the whole blackout I know how it works but I live in central Iowa so WGN we get it but since Dish and basic cable both still get WGN here will that be its blackouted or only if you cable/satelitte provider offers it? Will I be able to get the WGN telecasts thru Extra Innings or MLB.TV? Cuz Cubs, Sox, Brewers, Royals, Twins are in my area well our area ha but idk if this would be different now seeing Directv dont offer WGN no more.

NEW YORK — Tribune Broadcasting is denying that it has reached a settlement with satellite television provider DirecTV Inc. in their contract negotiations. This means that DirecTV subscribers in 16 U.S. markets may lose access to certain programming at midnight.

DirecTV said in a statement on Saturday that it has accepted the financial terms that Tribune’s management offered it by telephone two days ago. A deal would allow DirecTV to carry Tribune’s 23 local broadcast stations so that customers would not lose their programming when the current agreement between the two companies expires.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...dnS_story.html

I knew I wasn't crazy. Just get this **** done, ugh.

Well somebody is lying there ha. But I dont even know whos at fault here. I have read back and fourth its eachs faults and wanting more money and this and that and aww.

WGN says NO DEAL with DirecTV - Gets pulled April 1!

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-dire...,6875538.story

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/31/438...tions-and.html

The Tribune just moments ago are continuing to release statements saying they are not even close to an agreement with DirecTV and WGN along with ALL Tribune channels will go dark after March 31. It also states that despite what may have been said by other reports and DirecTV, NO DEAL is reached.

So, it seems like this thing will indeed come to pass and WGN and others will be pulled. They may continue to work on this, but according to the article, until a settlement is reached, it is dark for now. They are still updating things as of now, but things look very bleak at this time.

DirecTV 307-1 just went active - set to pull WGN shortly.

According to DirecTV, they said that WGN will likely soon be pulled and they have 307-1 open for any developments. They also said that MLB Extra Innings will not carry any of the Cubs WGN games, BUT you can see them broadcast from the opposing team. That means you will not hear Len & Bob or any Cub's announcers for the WGN games.

I expressed my feelings of this situation and they just said it's up to Tribune and have no clue what or when any resolution will come.

It's just a pissing contest. It will get resolved.

3:30 a.m. central time and it's still on
    Great movie, too... "Phat Girlz"

Wonder if they'll do the same thing that they did with FX
    At the last minute they said they were extending the cut off date until they made a decision. I think a few days after the deadline they agreed and there was never a black out.
    But, like I said before, I have MLB.tv and I live in Orlando. I'm good

WGN is out where i live. If i have to go up to my inlaws to get opening day il be so pissed

WGN has in fact gone dark for ALL DirecTV subscribers as of April 1st, 2AM Central Time. They waited until 12AM Pacific to stop broadcasting WGN, as the contract expired officially at that time. This is true of WGN America and all Tribune channels on DirecTV.

Most articles I have read so far look bleak, especially for it getting done by Opening Day this week. Others say it is not even close and both sides may well dig-in for long term. All I know is it seems like if it is not resolved by Thursday, then I guess MLB.tv is the only choice for those with DirecTV that wants home game broadcasts.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...om_DirecTV.php

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast