Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have a potential solution for those with DirecTV; you could cancel MLB extra innings and buy the MLB.TV premium package. I did just that last night, and it's going to save me $90, I'll get to see more games (don't have to worry about the stupid WCIU games that I don't get via DirecTV), get the radio broadcasts, and the best part:

New Xbox360 App
    Phone App
    Blu-Ray player functionality

I can still watch the Cubs on any TV in my house, with the added benefit of being able to watch the games anywhere I can log on to a computer, or on my phone. And instead of $215, it's only $125.

You also get the archives, and don't have to set your TV to record the games every day.

I didn't mean this to be a big advertisement for MLB.TV; I honestly just saw the Xbox functionality was new this week, and last night made the switch.

DirecTV is the only place for NFL Sunday Ticket, which is why I have it, and will continue to have it for the foreseeable future.
    LETS GO CUB-BIES!
    DA BULLS!
    BEAR DOWN, CHICAGO BEARS!
    I-L-L! I-N-I!

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    if you seriously think DirectTV is cheaper you need to look at Dish Network... they are far and away cheaper than DirecTV and now offer better DVRs that record more than 2 shows at a time.

(this is excluding your low rate first two years...that directv tries to bring you in with)
    DirecTV has a receiver that can record 5 shows at once. They also have the most HD channels, and NFL.
    LETS GO CUB-BIES!
    DA BULLS!
    BEAR DOWN, CHICAGO BEARS!
    I-L-L! I-N-I!

^ and you pay more for those features....

Dish sucks. No MLB Package, no NFL Package.

I guess I'll have to knuckle under again and buy the mlb.tv thing again. I like how you can stream it on your Xbox now.

I'm not even worried about this. They'll come to an agreement before opening day anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBandit View Post
    I have a potential solution for those with DirecTV; you could cancel MLB extra innings and buy the MLB.TV premium package. I did just that last night, and it's going to save me $90, I'll get to see more games (don't have to worry about the stupid WCIU games that I don't get via DirecTV), get the radio broadcasts, and the best part:

New Xbox360 App
    Phone App.

yeah I've been doing this for for a few years now and it works out pretty well. We rock a few apple tv's in our house and the functionality with mlb.tv and the other sports pgks it supports is great. I tried out the xbox app yesterday and it seemed to function really well. Very fast response time and archive video was playing in seconds. They usually drop the price for returning customers, so it was only 100 bucks for the basic pgk, which also awesomely included xbox functionality for this season which, I believe, is for premium customers only. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    I like how you can stream it on your Xbox now.

yeah. premium pgk only, but still super awesome.

New Xbox360 App
    Phone App
    Blu-Ray player functionality

I can still watch the Cubs on any TV in my house, with the added benefit of being able to watch the games anywhere I can log on to a computer, or on my phone. And instead of $215, it's only $125.

You also get the archives, and don't have to set your TV to record the games every day.

I didn't mean this to be a big advertisement for MLB.TV; I honestly just saw the Xbox functionality was new this week, and last night made the switch.

DirecTV is the only place for NFL Sunday Ticket, which is why I have it, and will continue to have it for the foreseeable future.
    All the Cub games are blacked out for me cause i live close to Chicago. So that wouldnt work for me

DirecTV has a receiver that can record 5 shows at once. They also have the most HD channels, and NFL.
    Plus a VERY good iPad app that also has streaming and other great features too. I never lose signal except during a heavy rain or storm. The best HD picture for sure and more sports channels than anyone else.

I love DirecTV. Also helps that its free in my apartment. Only thing that sucks is their on demand, but since xfinity is now on xbox i just use my parents account info for that stuff.

A couple of years ago DISH and FSN had a big disagreement and half the Blues games were blacked out. They got it straightened out the next season.

Satellite companies really suck sometimes.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals

So if you're in Chicago, you wont lose the WGN Chicago station?

I will **** somebody up if I lose WGN. I have "other" ways of watching most the games but I don't really want to have to deal with that grainy BS.

Hmmm 360 idea is nice it just sucks for most **** you have to have xbox live
    MUST BE REAL BAD TO BRING ME BACK

My question immediately was if they blackout WGN, then wouldn't the MLB extra innings channel devoted to each Cubs game then become available?

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast