Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So is Tyreke gone in the near future?

I remember someone saying, "Kings are now looking at like this is Cousins' team and will build around him rather than Tyreke" or something like that. Cousins, Thompson, Thornton, Thomas - their games maybe more compatible whereas Tyreke a little ball dominant to be truly effective? Is that accurate?

No he's adjusting

Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    No he's adjusting
    Adjusting to what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    No he's adjusting
    Hopefully his shot

I honestly thought he's was the second coming of Dwyane Wade but I have to say I was wrong and he's been absolutely disappointing. He's regressed from his rookie year.

He's been a huge disappointment. I thought he'd be where Rose and Westbrook are in their developments by now. I figured that the Thornton signing would be a bad thing for him because I couldn't see them meshing at all. Tyreke needs to work on his shooting badly. The fact that he hasn't improved it even a little bit is pathetic...

I think he needs to be on a team where the PG is a spot up shooter so he can dominate the ball, like how Kobe was for most of his career, and how Dwayne Wade is.

I thought they should have traded Tyreke for McGee or Bogut. Cousins would dominate the Power Forward position.

Thomas
    Thorton
    ?
    Cousins
    Bogut/McGee

He's adjusting to being placed at the 3 spot, when he REALLY needs to be a 2 guard. He has been working on his shot with a shooting coach during the season also. Him being switched around from the 1, 2, and the 3 have hurt his development IMO. He needs to start at the 2 and have Thornton off the bench. Start Terrance Williams at the 3. T will has played great for us and is actually a SF.

Reke gets too much heat for his play not building on that great rookie year. He has been with the most unstable team over the past 3 years, and dealt with a pesky injury last year.

While I don't think he will be a star like I did after his first year, he is going to be a very capable #3 on any team competing.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    I thought they should have traded Tyreke for McGee or Bogut. Cousins would dominate the Power Forward position.

Thomas
    Thorton
    ?
    Cousins
    Bogut/McGee
    I'd rather hang onto Reke rather than Glass Bogut and Bonehead Mcgee. But I think DMC is too slow as of now to play the 4 spot.

The problem is with 3 things:

1. His shot is flat (He shot like 4 airballs against NY in both games)

2. He is a ball dominate player, he's either a PG or SG that needs the ball. He can't play with the current roster in Sacramento. He was clearly better with a shooting PG like Beno, shooting SF like Casppi and a defensive big in Dalembert rather than a post scorer like Cousins.

3. He has no desire to win anymore like he did in his rookie year. Seems like the losing mentality has gotten to him.

No one knows the true story. Evans has regressed because he's been injured a lot. He has been very ball dominate this year, but is adjusting.

Cousins is the center piece of this team now and the Kings will build around him.

Kings don't wanna give up on Evans just yet. My prediction is that they will give him a contract this summer. If he doesn't improve his jumper then the Kings will look to trade him. That's just what I think will happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Punk View Post
    The problem is with 3 things:

1. His shot is flat (He shot like 4 airballs against NY in both games)

2. He is a ball dominate player, he's either a PG or SG that needs the ball. He can't play with the current roster in Sacramento. He was clearly better with a shooting PG like Beno, shooting SF like Casppi and a defensive big in Dalembert rather than a post scorer like Cousins.

3. He has no desire to win anymore like he did in his rookie year. Seems like the losing mentality has gotten to him.
    I like how you've only watched him play twice this year and you have him figured out. Pretty impressive.

Last year was pretty much lost because he either wasn't playing because he was injured or was not 100% when he did play. This year he's been moved around, but that's not an excuse for his jumper.

He apparently just started working with Keith Veney, who has worked with Dirk, Paul Pierce, Ben Gordon, etc. on their shot. If he can get his shot back (supposedly he was a great shooter before playing for Calipari) and have it be consistent, he'll be much, much harder to defend. His ability to get to the rim plus even just a good mid-range shot would have him exceeding his rookie year stats.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but even in the short time he's worked with Veney, he doesn't seem to have the weird fadeaway as often. I've noticed normal-looking, high-arcing shots that are actually going in. I'm just praying that that's a sign of things to come...

Like some people said after year 1 there was high expectations. I honestly thought of him as Wade 2.0.

I think he would benefit from a change of scenery and think he is a much better 2/3 than a 1. I don't mind him at small forward at all, and if he can improve on his shooting like everyone is saying I think we could see a better version of Caron Butler.

A Mayo + Randolph for Reke + somebody would be a great move for the Grizz.

Reke + Salmons + Thompson for Pau would been intriguing also

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast