19 42.22%
  • Steelers

22 48.89%
  • GMs vote here (Don't Pull an Ebbs)

4 8.89%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    db75 Guest
    I just think the Chiefs's D is too bad.

I wanna vote for you, Norm, because I like you. But, I know you'd want me to vote honestly and would do the same. I have to go PIT.

Neither team is strong enough IMO to make it out of the next round, but I think the Steelers would be able to control the pace of the game, and ultimately, force a turnover. That's the difference in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Guess we shouldn't have traded PIT an injured running back.
    AP isn't an injured RB. Rashard Mendenhall is an injured RB. Adrian Peterson is an amazing player who got injured.

Give Me The Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    AP isn't an injured RB. Rashard Mendenhall is an injured RB. Adrian Peterson is an amazing player who got injured.
    AP is an injured running back who nobody knows when he will return.

Peyton said he could play this week.

Randy Moss just ran a workout and killed it.

Charles has had PLENTY of time to get healthy.

Collie was fine last year.

Yet I was told all of those guys are huge question marks but AP is going to be 100% ready to go.

Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

AP is a question mark as well, but the fact is you have more question marks at more positions. In particular, QB, RB, and WR. Essentially your team's entire identity is based on a question mark due to health concerns.

I think that's the problem, the strength of your team is the "wildcard" aspect of how much believability you can sell that Peyton is going to be the Peyton we know, how much of an impact can Moss really be, etc.

I think going against a Steelers team with such a strong defense and a team that can present a lot of balance on the offensive side was your worst possible 1st round match-up in the AFC from a team that doesn't have a 1/2 seed.

I still haven't made up my mind but I'm leaning Steelers slightly. Sorry Norm.

WR? Even if we take Moss out we have pretty decent WRs, especially for what Peyton needs. Randy Moss isn't our #1.

I haven't heard an ounce of speculation that JC will be garbage.

I guess we're just assuming that any player on my team that is a "wildcard" will ultimately fail.

Neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Injuries come playoff time I think you can take out. I think Charles and Peterson would both be just fine.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

WR? Even if we take Moss out we have pretty decent WRs, especially for what Peyton needs. Randy Moss isn't our #1.

I haven't heard an ounce of speculation that JC will be garbage.

I guess we're just assuming that any player on my team that is a "wildcard" will ultimately fail.

Neat.
    The only question mark for me would be is Charles as fast as what he was. His whole game was based on speed. I would say he'd be just fine, as would the rest of your offense. It'd be a very tight game, but I think the Steelers defense would get more stops than yours. Again, I'd love to watch this game.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

i think steelers have the slight edge. No one besides mathis scares me on the d-line, and a healthy AP will run all over them, especially with the improvements to the steelers o-line. ill take the steelers... 27-21

This is the playoffs - its January - Peterson would be healthy by now
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

I don't know about "would" with an ACL tear. That's one of the hardest injuries to recover from, and the timetables vary.

I think he should be back, but theres no way to tell 100%
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude901 View Post
    I don't know about "would" with an ACL tear. That's one of the hardest injuries to recover from, and the timetables vary.

I think he should be back, but theres no way to tell 100%
    Yea...I'd give them the benefit of the doubt in being fully healthy come play off time though

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

AP is an injured running back who nobody knows when he will return.

Peyton said he could play this week.

Randy Moss just ran a workout and killed it.

Charles has had PLENTY of time to get healthy.

Collie was fine last year.

Yet I was told all of those guys are huge question marks but AP is going to be 100% ready to go.

Sure.
    Don't forget:
    Frank Omiyale at OG (He played there briefly, but wasn't very good at it)
    Quinton Coples and Luke Kuechly are rookies
    Tommie Harris...
    A goalline back

You started by building a rock solid team that had huge potential but then you seemed to have no plan on how to fill the rest of it so you just threw players onto the roster at random and that is why we can't trust your team. IRL, you could certainly be a killer team with chemistry being formed and all of the competition but on paper there is just too much that we are not sure of.

Honestly I think I am going to go with the Chiefs here. I have a feeling Manning and Charles are both going to be 100%. You give Manning Moss and Wallace plus a familar target in Collie and I think he is more than fine. He shreds the Steelers secondary in my opinion.

Then the Steelers offense is just all sorts of meh. Sorry but I don't like Brown as a number one. Malcolm Floyd is a good number 2 and Emmanuel Sanders is a good number 3 but the Chiefs defense which isn't good, is still good enough to stop that attack. Add in the fact that the Steelers offensive line is balls and you have a situation where the Chiefs extremely mediocre front 7 can have success stopping AP and forcing Ben into throwing balls into defenses hands.

Chiefs in a close one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Don't forget:
    Frank Omiyale at OG (He played there briefly, but wasn't very good at it)
    Quinton Coples and Luke Kuechly are rookies
    Tommie Harris...
    A goalline back

You started by building a rock solid team that had huge potential but then you seemed to have no plan on how to fill the rest of it so you just threw players onto the roster at random and that is why we can't trust your team. IRL, you could certainly be a killer team with chemistry being formed and all of the competition but on paper there is just too much that we are not sure of.
    So we're automatically negating rookies now? I guess Von Miller, Ryan Kerrigan and Aldon Smith all really weren't much contributors to their team last year because they were rookies.

Robert Mathis is at LDE where he belongs. Quinton Coples is considered an athletic freak and that's EXACTLY what you look for in your RDE. Phil Taylor is a 2nd year NT who showed quite a few flashes last year. Tommie Harris while it's just a filler is a more known name then Bailey and that's why we went that route. Most importantly he was out of position in SD last season and belongs in a 4-3 system.

I'll give everyone our Linebacking core but that's only because you have to be imaginative to understand what we're doing with Justin Houston as a SLB. We fill he's athletically gifted and could really excel in that position much like what Von Miller did for the Broncos last year. Can we prove it? No. Secondly, Luke Kuechly is considered the best MLB coming into this draft and has been a down right animal and with Ayers coming in playing Weak side the linebackers aren't nearly as suspect as everyone mite really think.

To add even more into it. Our secondary is pretty damn solid. Brandon Flowers is one of the better Corners in the NFL today and Drayton Florence is severely under rated playing for a Buffalo Bills team who couldn't provide a pass rush worth a damn. The guy is talented and makes an awesome compliment to Bflo throw in Ryan Clark and Scandricks as our nickel the only real question here should be Sensi at SS.

As for our Wide Receivers. Randy Moss completely blew up his "pro day". I don't care if he comes back as 70% of the player he once was because 70% of the former Randy Moss is still a damn fine #2 WR playing with Mike Wallace as the #1 opening things up for him and when you toss in Austin Collie (A familiar target for Peyton Manning) and Randall Cobb (Who showed major flashes last season and was just a victim of an extremely deep WR core on the Packers) with Heath Miller and Jamaal Charles ... You seriously can't even begin questioning the offense.

Though ... please do continue to sling **** against the wall and hope it sticks.

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast