Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

mcgowan signs 2 year deal

mcg signs 2 year extension with team option 4 a 3rd

Do you have a link by chance?

Probably a dirt cheap deal that covers us just in case he goes all Chris Carpenter on us and becomes good again.

Bowden tweeted it. They don't know the #'s but you can't expect it to go over $1 M.

Interesting that they announce it after he gets injured, again. Farrell let it slip earlier that his rotation spot wasn't in Jeopardy so I guess this is why.

Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Probably a dirt cheap deal that covers us just in case he goes all Chris Carpenter on us and becomes good again.
    Actually you should say, good move it covers us incase AA goes all JP Ricarddi on us.

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

I think its a move 2 take some pressure off of dustin

Even if Dustin isn't ablt to get his stamina back and stick as a starter, I still think he can be a very important part of a bullpen.

$1.5M for 2013 and 2014 each and a $4M club option for 2015.

I just don't see Dustin here long term. If he can consistently stays healthy it's a steal though.

Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Would be sweet if he did just that but after his latest injury I'm left wondering if he'll instead end up going Rick DiPietro on us (minus the 10 year contract mind you).

AA has no ties to McGowan as he did not draft or develop him. AA is not afraid to give up on first round guys that have yet to perform - Purcey being one. He would not take this risk unless AA and his scouts saw something in Spring Training that thinks McGowan can stick around. This signing is probably an indication that he will start the season and has the stuff to stay in the MLB and be an effective backed guy. He could bounce back like Brandon McCarthy.

Considering they've been paying him ~500k the past few years for absolutely nothing it does make sense to give him 1.5 and hopefully end up with something now that he's 'healthy.' I'd like to read more into this and take it to mean AA thinks this is still a potential ace but I can't, it's a deal made simply to buy the franchise some more time with him.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=391443

There's the link just in case.

Anyways I don't really like this deal. I mean I want to like it because I also want to think he's completely healthy but I am still unsure.

That's 1.5 million for a guy who if he gets hurt one more time probably won't pitch again in the majors. It's risky IMO.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

This says to me that his injury was nothing and that he'll be ready to go when the season starts. Probably #5 to limit his innings over the year, I heard that they want to limit him to about 150 innings this year, a #5 guy can do that.

Now, who's #4????

Dustin McGowan is hit or miss. He will either keep getting hurt (and retire), or he will become a cheap #3/#4 behind Romero and Morrow.

If McGowan can stay healthy, then its steal for the Blue Jays, even if he has to play it in the bullpen, its still a steal.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast