Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Just A Rumor: ORL-NJN-GSW

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com...-orlando-magic

The Orlando Magic, New Jersey Nets, and Golden State Warriors have at least discussed a three-team trade wherein superstar center Dwight Howard would land with the Nets, the Magic would acquire Monta Ellis from Golden State, and New Jersey would send Brook Lopez to the Warriors, reports Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, calling the rumors "rumblings."

Such at trade would get Golden State the big man it so desperately wants--in the last two seasons alone, rumors have connected the Warriors to Yao Ming, Greg Oden, DeAndre Jordan, Howard, Chris Kaman, and now Lopez--while giving the Nets another All-Star to pair with Deron Williams. Orlando, who is not impressed with the 23-year-old Lopez, believed to be the centerpiece of any two-way trade between the Magic and Nets, would instead get a proven scorer in Ellis, who owns a career scoring average of 19.6 points per game.

Vecsey also says the Magic could be tempted to trade Howard to the Lakers if Los Angeles is willing to send both Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol back to Orlando. The Lakers, seeking an upgrade at point guard, would insist on Jameer Nelson's inclusion "unless an above-average ballhandler can be obtained elsewhere."

All these rumors are just 1 big *** smokescreen for the real players...

I just hope fans can act more mature this time around ( burning jerseys ... smh )

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

this is a rumor i believe.

this would be a decent trade for the magic if the magic still had gortat. but since they don't , it doesn't make sense. hence, why i believe this is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    So essentially Monta Ellis has the same value as Gasol + Bynum?

Clearly there would be more to the trade than those three players... I like it for Golden State, but the Magic are going to get more than Ellis if they losing Howard.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

Sounds like it would be a good trade marshon would probably be going to Orlando
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

I would have to say Ellis, Brooks, Udoh, and 2 first round picks from the Nets would go to Orlando. But New Jersey would probably have to give the Warriors Okur.

Curry-Robinson
    Rush-Thompson
    Wright-McGuire
    Lee-Okur
    Lopez-Biedrins

Seems likely

Knicks Are Back

I wonder what other players are involved. The Nets would have to give up more then that and the Warriors need to take back about 8 mil more in salaries.

I could definitely see this happening
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=85qta7d

With New Jersey throwing in 2 first round picks.

Not sure he'll get traded with the way the Magic are playing but I've never doubted Dwight ends up in Brooklyn with Deron.

I think Monta to Orlando, Lopez to Warriors, and Dwight to Brooklyn is a solid start of negotiations but clearly other players and draft picks would be included.

This is pretty cool actually. I called out this type of trade back in December, very similar to the rumor:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...&postcount=232

Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyTHaJet View Post

This one aint so bad in my opinion for all teams involved.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czq2clt

To the Nets: Howard, Turkoglu, 2nd round pick in 2013 from GS
    To the Warriors: Brook Lopez, OJ Mayo, Damion James, 1st rounder from Griz (top 14 protected)
    To The Magic: Monta Ellis, Mehmet Okur (expiring contract), 1st round (Nets) in 2012, Rockets 1st rounder in 2012, GS 1st rounder in 2013 (top 8 protected), Nets 1st rounder in 2013, possible cash considerations (Nets)
    To the Grizzlies: Dorrell Wright, Nets 2012 2nd, Nets 2013 2nd

I think this could get it done, not trying to be bias (honestly), but for all teams I believe this works out.

The Nets get Howard and Turk: Its what they want so they're obviously willing to give up whatever it takes to get him.

Warriors get Lopez, Mayo, James, pick: Monta has been a so called cancer to this team with constant ball hogging and supposedly many GMs feel he is limiting Steph Currys game. If this is the case he needs to be traded. Surrounding Steph Curry with Lopez, a Top 5 center in the league, Mayo an excellent 2 guard with loads of potential as a starter, and James a solid defender and decent scorer who can either start or come off the bench all can make the Warriors a very solid team all around.

Magic get Ellis and Okur plus picks: On the surface the players dont look like much BUT hauling in a prolific scorer in Monta Ellis could do wonders for the fans in Orlando. Monta could essentially form his own team and learn from a hard nosed coach in Van Gundy, which could only better his game. The magic get a excellent future expiring contract of Okur to help them next season, AND last but certainly not least notch in 4 first rounders, all of which could easily haul the Magic 2 solid young kids this year and 2 next year. Plus there own picks. Its a great way for ORL to rebuild, get plenty of cap space, get young again, and have potential to be back in the East within the next 5 years.

Grizzlies get Dorell Wright: Dorell Wright is a solid scorer and rebounder, something perfect to start for the Griz at the 2 spot of come off the bench similar to Mayo. He is a great outside shooter and is locked up through 2013. Something OJ Mayo is not. The Griz want to trade Mayo badly, why not get a solid player and a few second rounders back for him instead of losing him in the off season?

Just a thought, not proclaiming to be the worlds BEST trade but pretty solid IMO.

so all new jersey gives up is lopez to get howard ?

and all orlando gets for howard is ellis ?

not a good trade.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast