Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Third Best Team in the East?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atlanta Hawks (15-6)

21 23.08%
  • Boston Celtics (9-10)

9 9.89%
  • Indiana Pacers (13-6)

20 21.98%
  • Orlando Magic (12-8)

8 8.79%
  • Philadelphia 76ers (14-6)

33 36.26%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who is the 3rd Best Team in the East?

Well... It's pretty clear that the East has two elite teams, and then a significant drop off. Every sane person, regardless of who you root for, would agree that the Heat and Bulls, or Bulls and Heat for you picky homers out there, are the two best teams in the East by far at this point. The question is, who is the 3rd best team in the East right now? Who leads the rest of the pack at this point?

We have several candidates: the Pacers, the Sixers, the Hawks, the Magic, and I'll throw the Celtics in there too, because despite the loss to Cleveland last night, they look like they have been starting to figure it out as of late and have been getting back on track. No offense to the Knicks fans on here, but I'm going to leave them off for now. They haven't proven that they should be in this discussion yet (7-13 record), although on paper they are right there, and they could be in this discussion later in the year if they can improve their play and show more consistency.

Each of the candidates has valid arguments for why they could be the third best team in the East. Each of these candidates also has drawbacks, which is why there is no clear cut favorite. So who ya got?

i picked the hawks because this isn't the philly vs. indianapolis forum.

When it's all said and done, Boston.

Pacers followed closely by philly and boston.

hawks. even without horford they are still winning.
    NBA SIM LEAGUE GM

Los Angeles Lakers
    1995-1996: 51-31
    1996-1997: 51-31

Raptors... no the Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    When it's all said and done, Boston.
    I agree. All they need to do is slip into the playoffs, and they'll be dangerous.

I'm gonna have to go with Boston as well.

I guess I voted for Orlando knowing that they are in fact the 3rd best team even if they are not showing it right now.

Homer in me made me vote for the 76ers (because I truly hope we can continue this level of play) however the rational NBA fan says that its between the Hawks and the Celts.

3. Orlando 4. Boston 5. Indiana 6. Atlanta 7. Philly

when it is all said in done....

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I gotta go with the Pacers. They have a great starting front line with Granger, West and Hibbert, and they got a couple solid guys coming off the bench for them in Hansborough and Jeff Foster. And in the back court they got a solid PG rotation with Collison and Hill. The only hole in team is at the shooting guard position. If they can solve that question mark, they'll be contenders. In the mean time they got a couple small forward they can slide in at SG and create some match-up issues with other teams.

Sixers are pretty fawking good though too, and I think they got one of the most underrated coaches in the league which can make all the difference in the post season.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Either Boston or Orlando...I said Orlando because when they play a complete game (Dwight plays well and they knock down some 3's) I don't think any of the other teams beat them

The Heat and Bulls are the only two teams in the East that can and will beat the Celtics come playoff time. It's still early though with buyouts and trades these top teams could all look different in a month or so. Where Kaman ends up will be a big deal I believe. He would fill a huge hole for the Cs and instantly make them a lot tougher of a knock out for the Bulls or Heat. Who the third best team in the East though is irrelevant its a two team race in my eyes

When the playoffs come around, the answer to this question will be Boston. However, Philly is the third best team in the East right now.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast