Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Are the 76ers for real?

Ive been a sixers fan for quite some time now and the team that I have seen this year is one of the most hard working teams on sharing the ball and putting the team first. Im just wondering if you guys think this will last. Why or Why Not?

Nope

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    i think they are for "real" in the way the Hawks are.. i think they will be pretty good for the next couple years but they wont be contenders
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

they are built for this regular season with good depth, and great defense. But I don't see them as a threat to beat either Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series.

Sort of the Denver of the east if you will

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    they are built for this regular season with good depth, and great defense. But I don't see them as a threat to beat either Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series.

Sort of the Denver of the east if you will
    I might be biased as a denver fan but i think the nuggets are more "for real" than the 76ers, but i understand the comparison.

We've been talking about this in the Sixers' forum: we might've had the easiest schedule in the league so far. Heaps at home, heaps against bad teams. But, we're about to go on a 7 game stretch of good teams, and then 7 of 8 on the road. February is going to be really tough, and could seem like a whole different season.

So let's see how we do in the next month and then talk about it.

I can see them beating any team in the East other than the Bulls and Heat
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Agreed...We might give heat/Bulls a good series but not shot at beating them

Quote Originally Posted by THE GIPPER View Post
    I might be biased as a denver fan but i think the nuggets are more "for real" than the 76ers, but i understand the comparison.
    I mean, that from my personal standpoint, neither can beat the top teams in their conference, but both may end up with a high seed going in.

I haven't watched enough of Denver, only seen them 2 times this year. I need to watch some more before I can put them with OKC for instance.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I'm getting tired of people saying teams that are winning now are only winning because of depth and won't win in the playoffs. It's not like only a select few players can make tough shots in the playoffs because god said so. Is Derek fisher a superstar? Cuz he's hit a lot more tough shots in the playoffs than these "superstars". Most of these superstars never even made it to the finals. I think the sixers are forreal and just because theyre deep that doesn't mean they won't make noise in the playoffs.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean, that from my personal standpoint, neither can beat the top teams in their conference, but both may end up with a high seed going in.

I haven't watched enough of Denver, only seen them 2 times this year. I need to watch some more before I can put them with OKC for instance.

So just because you haven't watched them they aren't up there with okc? They are the second best team in the west and their records back it up. Just because they don't have many household names on their rosters doesn't mean their team is not a top team in the nba.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    We've been talking about this in the Sixers' forum: we might've had the easiest schedule in the league so far. Heaps at home, heaps against bad teams. But, we're about to go on a 7 game stretch of good teams, and then 7 of 8 on the road. February is going to be really tough, and could seem like a whole different season.

My thoughts exactly.
    Phillies-Flyers-Celtics-Titans-76ers

Quote Originally Posted by BallIsAll View Post
    So just because you haven't watched them they aren't up there with okc? They are the second best team in the west and their records back it up. Just because they don't have many household names on their rosters doesn't mean their team is not a top team in the nba.
    no, your biggest strength is depth. In the playoffs, that just doesn't matter nearly as much as it does in a season with 66 games in 134 days. I could care less about household names, but lets be honest.... The Nuggets are running teams out of the gym with massive depth and a great bench. The playoffs slow down, and teams shorten their rotations. OKC's first 7-8 guys, in a series where everyone gets rest, is better than the Nuggets rotation they will march out there.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    I can see them beating any team in the East other than the Bulls and Heat
    You could say the same for the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post

I like the Sixers so don't get me wrong here. The Pacers have played quite a few games against top-tier teams and have won against the Bulls in Chicago, Lakers in LA, Boston twice by double digits. The Pacers and Sixers are a lot alike, but the Pacers have had a tougher schedule and it makes me wonder why the Sixers are getting more hype... I'm glad to see we are getting recognition from Magic Johnson and Mike Wilbon though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast