Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Washington twp, nj
    Posts
    7

    Are the 76ers for real?

    Ive been a sixers fan for quite some time now and the team that I have seen this year is one of the most hard working teams on sharing the ball and putting the team first. Im just wondering if you guys think this will last. Why or Why Not?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,102
    Nope

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,783
    i think they are for "real" in the way the Hawks are.. i think they will be pretty good for the next couple years but they wont be contenders
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,389
    they are built for this regular season with good depth, and great defense. But I don't see them as a threat to beat either Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series.

    Sort of the Denver of the east if you will

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    they are built for this regular season with good depth, and great defense. But I don't see them as a threat to beat either Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series.

    Sort of the Denver of the east if you will
    I might be biased as a denver fan but i think the nuggets are more "for real" than the 76ers, but i understand the comparison.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    We've been talking about this in the Sixers' forum: we might've had the easiest schedule in the league so far. Heaps at home, heaps against bad teams. But, we're about to go on a 7 game stretch of good teams, and then 7 of 8 on the road. February is going to be really tough, and could seem like a whole different season.

    So let's see how we do in the next month and then talk about it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,893
    I can see them beating any team in the East other than the Bulls and Heat
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    106,744
    Agreed...We might give heat/Bulls a good series but not shot at beating them

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,389
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GIPPER View Post
    I might be biased as a denver fan but i think the nuggets are more "for real" than the 76ers, but i understand the comparison.
    I mean, that from my personal standpoint, neither can beat the top teams in their conference, but both may end up with a high seed going in.

    I haven't watched enough of Denver, only seen them 2 times this year. I need to watch some more before I can put them with OKC for instance.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,950
    I'm getting tired of people saying teams that are winning now are only winning because of depth and won't win in the playoffs. It's not like only a select few players can make tough shots in the playoffs because god said so. Is Derek fisher a superstar? Cuz he's hit a lot more tough shots in the playoffs than these "superstars". Most of these superstars never even made it to the finals. I think the sixers are forreal and just because theyre deep that doesn't mean they won't make noise in the playoffs.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

    Agreed


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean, that from my personal standpoint, neither can beat the top teams in their conference, but both may end up with a high seed going in.

    I haven't watched enough of Denver, only seen them 2 times this year. I need to watch some more before I can put them with OKC for instance.

    So just because you haven't watched them they aren't up there with okc? They are the second best team in the west and their records back it up. Just because they don't have many household names on their rosters doesn't mean their team is not a top team in the nba.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

    Agreed


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    We've been talking about this in the Sixers' forum: we might've had the easiest schedule in the league so far. Heaps at home, heaps against bad teams. But, we're about to go on a 7 game stretch of good teams, and then 7 of 8 on the road. February is going to be really tough, and could seem like a whole different season.

    So let's see how we do in the next month and then talk about it.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Phillies-Flyers-Celtics-Titans-76ers

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,389
    Quote Originally Posted by BallIsAll View Post
    So just because you haven't watched them they aren't up there with okc? They are the second best team in the west and their records back it up. Just because they don't have many household names on their rosters doesn't mean their team is not a top team in the nba.
    no, your biggest strength is depth. In the playoffs, that just doesn't matter nearly as much as it does in a season with 66 games in 134 days. I could care less about household names, but lets be honest.... The Nuggets are running teams out of the gym with massive depth and a great bench. The playoffs slow down, and teams shorten their rotations. OKC's first 7-8 guys, in a series where everyone gets rest, is better than the Nuggets rotation they will march out there.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Heartland of Basketball
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    I can see them beating any team in the East other than the Bulls and Heat
    You could say the same for the Pacers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Heartland of Basketball
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    We've been talking about this in the Sixers' forum: we might've had the easiest schedule in the league so far. Heaps at home, heaps against bad teams. But, we're about to go on a 7 game stretch of good teams, and then 7 of 8 on the road. February is going to be really tough, and could seem like a whole different season.

    So let's see how we do in the next month and then talk about it.
    I like the Sixers so don't get me wrong here. The Pacers have played quite a few games against top-tier teams and have won against the Bulls in Chicago, Lakers in LA, Boston twice by double digits. The Pacers and Sixers are a lot alike, but the Pacers have had a tougher schedule and it makes me wonder why the Sixers are getting more hype... I'm glad to see we are getting recognition from Magic Johnson and Mike Wilbon though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •